Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happy and scared to go home also - but it felt VERY good! Do as little as possible at first, sleep as much as you can/want - it will come day by day.
 
@DrToonz I am so excited for you!! Getting to go home to me is the best thing you can hear after being woke up every few hours for vitals, PT, meds, meals, more PT,(well you see where I am going with this)!! Take it easy and like others have said just do the essentials!! You've got this!! Hope your day is as pain-free as possible, and way to go on the 3!!

Gentle hugs
Donna
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hippy Toonz


Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
Is a picture ok? Should I delete it so as not to freak anyone out?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
The left one looks pretty much the same. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
:bicycle1:@DrToonz I find myself hanging on every one of you words. You are a true inspiration to me as I begin to walk the plank. So happy you are on your way home! Good luck on your continued success down recovery lane!
 
Wow. An inspiration! Cool!
;) -thanks. I hope it's helpful.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
I found that for me some of the detailed accounts of people's experiences were VERY helpful to my mentally preparing myself for this.
Hey @DrToonz - sorry you're doing it tough mate but thanks so much for documenting it all for us pre-oppers - remember it's a marathon and not a sprint. Trust your BP will stabilise and you will beat your 4 steps next time!
 
Gladb to see the huge improvements that you are making. I'm proud of you brother you came along way so far so good with me don't have any pain at all and I'll had my physical therapy today, may stand up I took a few steps so I'm looking for tomorrow is going to bring God blesses both
 
What are those two spots North and South of the scar? Is that where probes for the computer were?
 
A quick note: home now. Laying down to sleep. More when I am more awake amd less "oxy'd".


Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
Congratulations @DrToonz, going home is a major milestone - remember the mantra, rest, elevate, ice and pain meds and when you feel up to re reading the links to articles we have provided previously, they also will help with any concerns.

Well done!
 
Congratulations @jebrig3164 - great to read that your surgery went well and you are now on the road to recovery.
 
Its 2am.
Wow.
Getting home was challenging. In order to get pain meds on the way home I (we) were forced to sit in the car in a parking lot for over an hour because of all the restrictions surrounding opiates being so controlled.
Climbing in and out of the Suburban was difficult but doable with help. Had to pull myself up with arms only while stepping away from the walker. Hard to describe.
Anyway i got home and into my new bed and had my mom and dad and wife try to get pillows right under my feet and get everything I'd need overnight on to a small table that I can reach. Got comfy. Re-dosed my oxycodone, and promptly fell asleep.
Woke up when I had to pee.
The plan was that if I needed to pee I could TRY to use this bean-bag chair that I have on the bed next to me (queen bed) as a back rest so that I could use a hospital style urinal. I understand this method world not be available to women. Sorry ladies. If I couldn't get that to work, plan b was to call my wife and get her to come downstairs and help me figure or what to do (she could help me "walk" to the bathroom - right next door- using walker OR try to help stabilize me while I use urinal in bed).
I was able to, with a lot of silly struggling, get the bean bag chair behind my back and use the urinal. That was JUST NOW.
I find myself wishing I had a hospital bed.
Its been 4 hours since last drugs so I'm going to take them and sleep some more.
I'll elaborate on the difficulty of being home when I have even more fodder to write about. See you later in the am.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you men have it easier! But since about all I did was sleep and walk to the bathroom right off my bedroom or sit in my chair, the walks were probably good for me. Every day should get easier. Just sleep, keep up the meds on schedule for a few days at least before trying to go longer and entertain us with the results! Your posts are very interesting to read!
 
good to hear you're home @dr toonz. I was also a bit nervous going home but it sounds like you've got a great staff in place. catering to your every need.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom