Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great report and it sounds like you're on your way!!! Wonderful!!!
 
@DrToonz Woohoo Go you!!! With the go ahead for more exercise and the like, I am sure you will now concentrate on the 5K you have planned. Glad to hear all is well!!
 
That's great news! Best of luck to you as you enter the next phase of your recovery. Just wanted to say it has been so great sharing this journey with you @Dr Toonz. Your updates were informative, helpful, and of course those that were deeply entertaining and quite hysterical. Thank you for that! Take good care and I will also let PAIN be my guide as I continue with the next phase!
 
Halfed my ibuprofen and cut out one dose per day on all drugs. No problems yet.
Still having troubles with soreness after sitting.
Walked a LOT yesterday and although i got tired, I did not have any great pain afterword.
I'm going to continue increasing activity.

I remain optimistic.
 
@DrToonz , good for you. And after increasing activity don't forget resting for a while with an icepack on those hips. When is that 5k walk again?
 
Halfed my ibuprofen and cut out one dose per day on all drugs. No problems yet.
Still having troubles with soreness after sitting.
Walked a LOT yesterday and although i got tired, I did not have any great pain afterword.
I'm going to continue increasing activity.

I remain optimistic.
 
Great news...walking good..it is the sitting that takes time...that was such a pain but one day you sit...and it's gone!! Good luck for April 27th....xxxx
 
Man your a inspiration to us all. Both hips done at the same time and moving towards victory every day. Next month I will have my left hip replacement and I'll be done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
So glad to find you still going from strength to strength.

Good luck for your walk and as advised here don't forget to back up your activity with rest and ice

I also have to say @DrToonz I've enjoyed your recovery thread and stories
 
I have a question if anyone has an answer....23 days post op, the swelling is all gone, but my aching is "deep", the outside does not hurt, but not ice or heat helps this "deep ache". I also finished my last coumadin today does anyone know if I can start Aleve tomorrow? I too have the UGH for the first 2-3 steps after sitting, seems that I can not find comfort in either sitting for long, standing for long or laying for long. I just need this "deep ache" to cease. DrToonz please remain optimistic as we all continue to keep an eye on you and what awaits tomorrow.
 
@GaRosehippy You didn't mention where it is located. I have an ache that is in my gluts but it is kind of like a toothache or pulled muscle, just a nagging ache not really what you could call painful. I will be 6 weeks out on Tuesday.
 
It is inspiring to follow your thread. I realized I needed to add back a bit of my.meds as I was off all. Hoping to get much more.active soon. Not up to a 5K by 4/27 but half that would be great. Thanks for the optimism ....
 
@mystikfairy61 ........sorry it is where my old hips used to be. I never had groin pain unless I used resistance, my pain always wrapped around the outside of my hips. It is hard to explain, just that it is an inner deep ache. Like I said heat and ice do not make it better, incisions are beautiful no tenderness or swollen. The middle of my buttocks ache sometimes too. I just rub or massage them myself and down the sides of my thighs too.
 
@DrToonz...........are you still dealing with exhaustion? I find that most days I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper sack. Don't know what to do, just have no energy. Maybe a cattle prod would get me in gear! LOL Feel so tired yet can not sleep.
 
@GaRosehippy and @DrToonz the exhaustion lasts for a while - you're only 4 weeks out from surgery GaRoseHippy and Dr Toonz is about 8 weeks. It should start to get better slowly. I think by about 3-4 months after my BTHR I no longer got taken suddenly nap at odd times. When your body has healed both inside and outside - and all the bone has grown around the implants - then your body won't have to work so hard at healing and will have energy for other things.
 
@GaRosehippy Wow that hits home here and I didn't even have both hips done. Couldn't imagine the energy drain there. And for some unknown reason I sleep better during the day than I do at night. What is up there?? For instance last night, uh well this morning, went to bed (finally) at 6:30am but slept on and off all day. Just couldn't get enough energy to do anything. I think I may have my days and nights reversed. Hope it gets better for both of us!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom