Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just expect to be really, really tired afterwards. I actually had to stay in the hospital an extra day because of the exhaustion. I would get up to walk the 5 feet to the bathroom and then need a 3-hour nap!!! It was quite profound. But.....my doc said he "zapped" about 60 spots and I was on the table for around 3 hours. He made it sound like that was a lot more than normal. But I really have no frame of reference. The good news about it is that it is NOT surgery. No cutting and healing is very quick once you get over the tired feeling.
 
Well, THAT's new information and quite interesting. And not a tiny bit scary!
I would have had no idea. Thanks. :)
 
also catching up @DrToonz . I am so glad I'm retired! but I agree, 1/2 days for as long as you need. sounds like you have a supportive workplace at least. I hope all the cardiac stuff works out ok. and you'll be good to go..hiking and all.
 
Neither the zapping nor the tiredness is any big deal. You're asleep for the zaps and the tired feeling, while fairly strong right after surgery, goes away quickly. Normally my doc released patients the day after the procedure. I stayed one day extra. But I was fine when I went home. Just told to take it a bit easy for a while. You'll do just fine!!! And you'll be hiking!!!
 
Tired today. Going to work in the morning for an attempt at a full day but with the attitude that if I'm getting too tired or sore, I'm going home.
 
Good luck at work today! I am starting part-time on Thursday and am nervous about everything ... I am sure you will be fine, as will I.
 
Hope all goes well today at work!
All went remarkably well. Got my 8 hours in, no biggy. I got through it with some icing while sitting at my desk, which feels good.
I still have the same 'hurts after sitting' thing when I get up to walk, both at work and here, but it seems to be slightly less than it was days ago. The biggest problem is the glacial speed of the recovery. Ugh, it's SOOO SLOW!
I am also considering (likely) going on a little walk with the DW and a couple neighbor friends just for some exercise. It's not often we get sunny days around here, and tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy one so tonight seems like a great time to get a little walk in.
It's a good day.

My optimism is fully intact today.
 
It does seem slow Toonz but think of how long it took you to get to the point of needing hip replacements! I will bet you that in a year you will look back on this stretch of time and think ... "hummmmm I guess it wasn't really all that long". And yes the sore, stiff, hard to get started after sitting for a while does go away!!!

You are doing terrific given all that you've gone through recently. Optimism and humor are just what the BoneSmart folks "prescribe" to get you through :flwrysmile: The spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the flowers is .... enjoy your walk.
 
@DrToonz Just checking in to see how you are doing. Sounds like work went really well today, which is good to hear. Will be checking back to see what you find out from the cardio doc. Take care my friend.
 
@DrToonz I still have the ache, soreness after sitting as well. It goes away after a few steps so expecting that one day I will get up and just take off! I cannot believe I have been back to work over a month. Time flies and getting ready for a vacation in the mountains the end of April. Keep on keeping on....

Judy
 
@ DrToonz I been reading your post and your recovery seem to be going very well. I am getting around great but left hip is shot bone on bone and it's due to be replaced next month on the 30th. I been watching what I eat loosing more weight. I'm not going back to my job I have a warehouse high production job. Jumping on and off a forklift all day. I filed for my SSDI I'm on long term disability now. I think I'm gonna just collect SSDI and do my own work on the side. I'm only 45 and gonna finish school. I see you returned to work already great job keep up the good work my friend. I have one downed and one two go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
I still have the ache, soreness after sitting as well. It goes away after a few steps so expecting that one day I will get up and just take off!
I have the same expectation. Today my OS told me that he shares this expectation for me.
I have one downed and one two go.
Sounds like you're doing it right. Get the second one behind you and it's downhill from there. Congratulations.
:)
 
UPDATE:
I went for my 2-months follow-up with the OS today.
He gave me a thums-up to increase my movement, cardio, stretching and exercising.
He also said that PAIN should be my guide. A little pain WHILE working/walking/stretching is good. A little pain AFETER working/walking/stretching is OK too. A LOT of pain is ALWAYS bad and is the indication that you've "overdone it".
So....
Now I can get down to it.
Feeling OK today. A bit sore, but I walked a LOT today.
Icing now. Decreasing my drugs starting now to HALF my previous dosages.
Looking forward to some exercise, dieting, and weight loss.

I regained my optimism.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom