Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

Status
Not open for further replies.
the upside is that now their is a record
That's what I told them. Additionally, it was a fascinating process. If MY OWN FREAKIN' HEART wasn't the patient, I would have been totally into it on a 'scientific observer' level. Amazing.
Glad you are alright today
Thank you. I actually feel good today. No weird heart stuff. Got 30 minutes on the bike and some weight lifting in.
Please keep us updated!
Will do!
 
So glad you feel better today. I agree it is fascinating to watch. I was lucky enough to watch my Dad's echo and while being worried for him, was transfixed by the wonder that is the heart.
Hope you continue to have a good day.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Update on the CardioVert thing:
First of all, I feel fine today. Heartbeat is normal.

The DW tells me that I, while sleeping through it (Propofol IV), exclaimed in some VERY descriptive (profane) terms how badly it hurt.
I have zero recollection of it. As far as I knew, I was getting sleepy and then waking up with a now-regular heartbeat. No biggy.
The worst part for me was having those 2 monstrous electrical pads glued the my hairy-self and then ripped mercilessly off by the no-less-than-giddily-sadistic nurse (a man) with the vigor of Satan and the chuckle of a madman.
Now my only problem is that I'm super paranoid about my own heartbeat and my own need to constantly monitor it consumes me. I understand that this is not something that is helpful, and that the likelihood of a recurrence is uncertain so worrying isn't doing me any good. I'll know if it if happens, after all it wakes me up!

OK, in case anyone wants to see what this is like to the observer (My DW was observing and said it was quite freaky especially when she assumed I'd be completely unconscious but I was able to exclaim using cusswords about it hurting), here's a video of [NOT ME] someone having it done to them. This guy yells out a bit where I cussed. :)


And here's a description of what the process is: https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/atrial-fibrillation/electrical-cardioversion-for-atrial-fibrillation
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really funny, of course, but your description of the involuntary chest waxing is. I have a friend who had cardio vert done. Definitely not funny.
Congratulations on your 3 mile walk. See? I knew you could do it to no ill effects. Just don't get competitive quite yet. Mixing it up is good: short walk one day, longer walk the next day, maybe nothing the day after, then back to maybe long walk or short walk, depending how you feel. And lay of the donuts or whatever it is that is bad for your body. Nothing tastes as good as health and wellbeing. That's what I tell myself, a former over-eater. Today I'll ride my bike, maybe 34 miles? I am not bragging, because that's nothing compared to what I used to do [now I am bragging]. :bicycle1:
 
Geez @DrToonz I don't check in for a week and here you are causing trouble, cussing and the likes. We can't leave you alone at all can we LOL? I am sure it was a weird and scary process. I have had my heart feel like it went out of sync a few times but always just for a few seconds. Buddy I sure hope everything is getting back to normal for you! We went to KY this weekend. We have purchased 29 acres there and plan to build in a couple of years. So a lot of riding, walking and dreaming! Congratulations on your increased walk!! Good job as my grandson would say!
 
I have a cardiologist now. He's a specialist in Cardio Electrophysiology. He's going to test me a bunch and then likely give me a Catheter Ablation [click here for what that is].
I have an occasional Atrial Fibrillation which could be cured by this procedure. Or, in rare cases, NOT.

Either way...there you have it.

Oh, and part of the "test a bunch" is a stress test. Since I can't exactly RUN at the moment, they'll stress my heart using CHEMICALS. Doesn't THAT sound fun?

Joy. :)
 
@DrToonz I have had the stress test done with chemicals, kind of strange makes you feel like you have been running, but you are still, LOL!! It isn't too bad though. Hope they get you straightened out soon and you can get back to your recovery with a vengenance!!
 
This morning, my optimism is fairly intact.
Today is also (no relation to optimism) my first attempt at a full day back to work.
The boss has already told me to do what I can and not more. Nice.
Wish me luck.
 
@DrToonz , you are very fortunate regarding your job. Read what happened to @worthysmum .
@mystikfairy61 , that must feel weird to feel like you have been running without actually having done it. A chemically induced run, how strange. Well, if they can see how the heart behaves...that's good. DrToonz, when are you having that stress test done? Maybe work will do that for you? After all, it must have been piling up to the ceiling in your absence. I guess that is not the right kind of stress:skep:[I just put that in there because it looks funny].
Brrrrr, it's cold today on our side of the state, brrrrrrrrrrr
 
The idea freaks me out more than being asked to run until I can't anymore.
 
@DrToonz I hope you are able to get your heart condition sorted straightaway.
Hope your full day back was a good one. Rest up!
 
@DrToonz Don't let it freak you out. It just speeds up your heart rate, but not to an uncomfortable point. To me it was kinda funny and wasn't really scary at all. Don't let it stress you out. They let you know what they want to know before they start it and they are right there in case anything crops up that shouldn't. It'll be ok.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom