THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

you are doing so well Carriemay! I love that you count the houses. good idea. Re camping have you thought of buying one of those cots they sell now. They fold up and are easier to get out of than the ground. Last summer was so hot we slept out on our deck and I borrowed a friend's. I love camping but haven't been able to the last few years due to pain. They are heavy though even though they fold up.

@SarahBee Thank you! I didn't think of it being 3 weeks yesterday :heehee:
@lotusbuds We have some really good airbeds, about 8 inches thick. Although it is not a pretty sight, I could get up with Peter's help.

Woke up extremely sore in my lower back. I guess I've gotten off easy so far with that this time. I might have to elevate my legs a bit at night to help that. The only ache I could attribute to my longer walk yesterday is in my knee, so it might be just as well it's raining stair rods today to keep me out of mischief.

Good morning @Carriemay60 ! Happy belated 3 weeks! My 8th week was yesterday and I didn't even remember my own until the hubs mentioned it last night! He said "remember not that long ago when you were all nervous about your hip surgery"..........uh, sure I remember that :shrug:. Not really, it's all just a blur now. I hope the rain backs off and dries off so you can get back out soon. You're doing so good!

You are doing amazing for three weeks. I have been varying my elevation with each trip to the potty, and it is helping my lower back at night. Start very high, go to nothing, then mid range. Helped me get full 8 hours last night just by varying the pressure on my back. Happy Friday! @Carriemay60

Back sleeping is one of the hardest parts of recovery! My hips usually don’t wake me up... my neck and back do! But then I think of how I couldn’t stay in any position for longer than an hour pre-op.... so brighter skies ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Happy Three Week Anniversary, Carriemay!
It sounds like you're progressing nicely.
I'm sorry your lower back is hurting. Hopefully it eases soon. I'll bet it was the extra activity of yesterday.
Wishing you a sunny and painless weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Carriemay60

Hugs to all my hippy friends & wishes for a wonderful weekend!

aexternal_fybz2_2_fna_fbcdn_net_safe_image_php_c3cb51ad389aaa2393800f6b63ab861f._.png

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie