Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

Is this area for post op scar as in days or weeks after surgery? Or is this a free for all those that THJR in their lifetime? Mine hurts, making me wonder if anyone else has suffered any discomfort? After both of my surgeries I have had moderate to severe pain and understand my limitations now, however I have heard this is not uncommon.
There is probably a thread for this though.. I will look over the forum some more.
Best wishes to all...

:dancy:< Love to do this again:happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


I wondered if you'd be interested in seeing my latest X-ray (of the dislocated hip) ...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
My scar doesn't look bad-- I am 4 1/2 weeks post-op- one thing... At the top of my scar I have a scab approximately 1 inch- very thick scab! At my post- op visit w my OS.. He said it will fall off in time by itself.. But sometimes inner sutures get attached to it. He said if this happens he will take care of it right away. Did anyone else experience this?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I had a Tkr


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Just took plastic off of my incision. This is day 12. Enternal sutures and glue on outside. Anterior approach.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 432
My 6 inch Zipper at 14 days. Beneath is a new ceramic on ceramic hip!
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Thank you! I was really worried about having the operation, but it seems to be going quite well. Touch wood.
 
Here's a pic of my battle scar at about 7 days out. Can't believe I'm posting a pic of my bufhoofus here but here goes..I think. Not quite sure how to do this. My leg is about 3x it's normal size!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
My friends have claimed that I am a person who occasionally "shows his butt" in public, however that was always merely a figure of speech. I guess there is a first time for everything, so here is a picture of my scar and ugly butt. :-) I had my left THR surgery performed using the Superpath proceedure 29 days ago. Note the small puncture wound scar at the lower left hand corner of the photo. This is unique to Superpath and allows for a smaller primary incision.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Very neat incisions with all of you, they will heal nicely!
 
Here is the incision or "Badge of honor" four days post surgery. Photo taken 10/25/13. I'll have my eight-week check-up x-ray this week. that picture is going on my ego wall at work! I went back to work full time this past Monday, Jan 06, 2014, 6.5 weeks after surgery.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
I meant to add, it was a full left-hip replacement, anterior approach. I was off the cane and walker after nine-days.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom