Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

Here is my badge 18hrs after surgery, drain just about to be taken out! It's the first time I had seen it, a little bruising!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
these are some pictures from in hospital and recovery out of hospital
the scar is bigger then usual because I have had previous operations due to congenital hip dysplasia
I thank my doctor for being able to fix up my old scar.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The nurse changed my dressing and I had the camera ready! Here is my scar. I had no drain but have another stitch above it where he measured my leg or implant to make sure it's the same length as my other leg.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I'm attaching this correctly! This is a photo of the incision 2 days post op. I still have half the staples in, so I will post another once those are out. Like everyone else, I really can't believe I'm posting a photo of my hindquarter for public view, but darnit - this IS a badge of honour!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



And a tip I discovered - tea tree oil on a cotton ball gets that tape residue off better than anything! Don't even have to rub :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks post op, I did not have those staples just a dissolvable stitch all the way through.
As it seems to be the' in thing' to pose with a measure I have tried to show that as well.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to try and post a picture of mine. Hopefully it won't be too big. This is 12 days out. It is still bumpy and swollen.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is...what the heck. I didn't post my first badge, although this one is directly over top the first one. Hard to see but I have 4 blue dots tattooed from the radiation treatment as well. I keep trying to scrub them off..lol Staples came out today (14days post-op)

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


An early shot of the HO (May 2012) , And I'm anxious to see what it looks like now!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got a picture of my scar. This is 5 weeks post-op. I had internal stitches with a silver dressing that came off after 7 days.

After my surgery I had no bruising in the hip area. This past week I have noticed a considerable amount of bruising has appeared all around my hip and scar. The camera didn't pick up the bruising, probably because the bruises are yellow in color.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so jealous of all o you and your x-rays with the pieces in place! Couple more weeks until I get mine. In the meantime, today is my one month anniversary.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
RTHR at seven weeks post-op.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just finally posted an X-ray of my new hip over in my recovery thread. Figure I would add a 6 week scar pic here too!
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Here is a pic of my 6 week old (today) scar. Still kind of bumpy. Not sure why it is not flat like everyone else's, but it is not really a big deal to me.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
sunsetbiking Do you mean internally? I guess that would make sense. At the bottom it has started to flatten out. It ends right in between the two incisions from the hip scope I had 5 months earlier.
 
yes, internally. I just had a piece of a stitch work it's way out through the skin. My OS said that between 4-6 is about the time they dissolve. I think mine are taking their time. My incision is flat, but still have the lump on the length of my incision. It's slowly going down.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom