Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



I am 19 and 4 months ago I had a full right hip replacement :)!
 
Back from the doctor, and at 56-days, I am good to go...to work, drive, and all the other things I have been doing for a couple of weeks....
For grins, I thought I would post my before and after X-Rays. The before is from Aug 2013, and the after was this morning. Look mom, no screws. My other half insisted I crop the photo...
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

The doc said, You are ahead of the curve, if it hurts, don't do it." No cycling until at least March.
 
Wow @inthebeginning your scar looks great. I think about us September hippies often. Hope you are going well. I have an infection and am looking at a two stage revision.

I'll hunt down your thread to catch up on your news

Stay well
 
Some mighty fine incision lines there...

@dougie0216, your before x-ray is a doosey! You must have been in dreadful pain!
 
@Ash carter, what a beautiful smile! I note that you are new, welcome!

Would you like to start a thread of your own in the hip recovery section and tell us a little about your journey to a THR.. again welcome :)
 
Wow @inthebeginning your scar looks great. I think about us September hippies often. Hope you are going well. I have an infection and am looking at a two stage revision.

I'll hunt down your thread to catch up on your news

Stay well
I also think about the Sapphires! Life has been getting in the way of visiting BS often.

So sorry about your setback and the upcoming revision. Not much to report here except just back to normal. Kids basketball, gymnastics, work, sleep, and repeat!

Hope things start improving for you!
 
Hmm, it seems I don't have a "before" x-ray. But here is the product of the operation.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Wow @Krealic you have a lot of screws.....I only have 1 and some have none.

You are young to have had a THR....do you have a thread that I can read your story?
 
Wow @Krealic you have a lot of screws.....I only have 1 and some have none.

You are young to have had a THR....do you have a thread that I can read your story?

I'm very new here(in regards to being active). I watched the site for a little while before my surgery, to basically see if there were others closer to my age. So I don't really know where I would post that information? I can message you personally if you'd like. :)
 
Hi @Krealic most people start a thread in the hip replacement post recovery area. You could start with your story and tell a little about your recovery. I'm sure many would find it interesting as there are many young people who have or are about to have THR

Xxx
 
@Poppet - Actually, I thought I had a muscle or tendon problem. I ran slightly over 1000k in 2012 and ran a half-marathon on that thing in October 2012. It wasn't until a sharp pain running a 5k in Feb 2013 that I decided to see a doctor. That was my last 5k. After that, it basally never quit hurting til I woke up after the operation. Fortunately, the running probably prevented me from more pain because I was in fairly good shape. Now I am pear-shaped.
 
Here is my wound from about 8 days post-op, so still got the staples. It is quite big as you can see. It was a pretty complicated one.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Right you are, @Doyley, it's one of the longest incisions I've every seen---but still neat and tidy. And lucky for most of us, it is in a spot that is usually covered up. Although I also have one on each knee and couldn't care less that everyone can see them---my knees don't hurt anymore.
 
This picture was taken at 14 days post op just after having the stitches out (35 Clips), th red spots at the top are blisters from the original dressing.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom