Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


DAY 16 Post-Op
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

2 days post-op bilateral THRs - posterior. Got a matching one on the other side!
 
Hello All
I asked the radiologist for some before and after digital copies of my bi-lateral hip x-rays


Here is the BEFORE:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


Here is the AFTER:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Hey @Doyley - I am in awe! I lost count after 59 staples - that is some long incision. I must go search for your thread to see how you are doing :)
 
Hey @Doyley - I am in awe! I lost count after 59 staples - that is some long incision. I must go search for your thread to see how you are doing :)
Ha yeah I think it was 59 total, I had them out last week. It's looking quite neat and tidy now, I'll post another photo later and I'll try to get more perspective of size in there as it's huge. It really doesn't bother me though, I have a nasty looking scar on the opposite hip from surgery when I was younger which gets describes as a shark bite.
 
Incision two weeks post-op after staples removed. Direct anterior approach. No bruising and only minor swelling around incision after surgery.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Day 5 Post Op.
Surgeon used the scar from where a pin was placed in my thigh age 15 then he cut up!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Four weeks post-op today. Just a little 4" reminder of my February fun.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Here is my scar at a few days less than three months out. Taking a one handed photo of my butt is not my greatest talent, so the scar is not centered in the picture. Believe it or not, this was the best one out of several attempts. The top of the scar actually ends right at the top of the photo---so I barely got all of it in the picture. The smaller scar in the lower left portion of the photo is unique to SuperPATH and is where the cannula was inserted. The illustration below helps explain how SuperPATH patients get two scars instead of one larger one.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
This is what's left from my Sept.17, 2013 THR! That and the Medacta parts on the inside ;-) My new hip is almost six months old now!

Just did a little over 12 miles on the elliptical yesterday!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
The one all the way to the left is my THR scar (8 inches) and it is now about 30 weeks post op/7 months. Still very pink, but thin.

The next one on right (straight up/down and is very faded with stretched freckles) about 4-5 inches. That is 1st scar from spring 1989 when I dislocated my hip when I was 13. Open reduction/2 "9 inch screws" were put into my hip.

3rd tape and scar the right is my 2nd scar/surgery which was done in spring of 1990 when I was 14. Those "9 inch nails" came out after 1 year. Can't see the scar since it was done "minimally invasive", it may be only a 1/2 inch or less.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day after surgery. One of the nurses was kind enough to snap the pic when changing out the big bulky bandage.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not badge of honour yet, 3 days after op, will post scar once plaster is off as will have 2 scars due to revision...

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom