Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

I participated in that diet:heehee:
Hope you have a great day, @allena :flwrysmile:
 
Did you lose much weight?I really don't need to.i am 141 pounds and 5 foot 4 inches. Mom was joking I'll be model thin after the surgury.i can see it now.ill wear high fashion and walk the cat walk.lol
 
@allena,

I hope that you are feeling OK today.

Just after i wrote yesterday that i was struggling to find something to worry about, well soon after i had a massive panic attack after i thought i had got my medication wrong! So i am not going to brag anymore, lesson learnt.

But i did have at least one hour when i was not anxious and i am definitely not in any pain. I am day six now and still remain delighted the operation is over. People keep saying to me (in the real not virtual world) that i bet you wish you had had it sooner. But i don't think that because i was not ready emotionally. It took me over 5 years to accept i had to have it done, and only then when i could hardly walk. So the fact that you are going ahead is very brave.

Warmest wishes
 
Allena...we are almost body doubles.
I am a tiny bit shorter.
I lost about ten lbs prior to surgery..as I was getting a bit heavy...but lost another ten lbs in the first months after surgery.
Eating less those first weeks..appetite a bit off but also eating healthier I think.
No junk food.
I've gained it all back...but I like to think it is heavier muscle !
 
@ginny12.it is brave of me(in a way)-but it is also because my hip is literally dislocating and will pop out.If I don't get it done by choice it would happen anyway-and since it would be a emergency surgery it would be more risky and the outcome would be worse.I can barely walk now.My pain level untreated is a level 8 on average.It can be worse.so i am literally being forced to do it.If my hip was bone on bone pain I'd NEVER have it done.I'd take it forever.
It doesn't help that i am afraid of hosptals,have never had a surgery and don't like needles at all.so in a way I'm not brave at all.I have no choice.:(I would say I hope it will be worth it,but that wouldn't be right.I hope it will be,but it must be done.
I am feeling pretty good today.:)
I am sad because it's the last day I can take my cbd oil.It's done such a good job of controlling my pain(mostly).It gets my level 8 down to a level 5.
I don't trust opoids.They scare me,but i will have no choice but to take them:(
addiction runs in my family.
anyway,sorry to go on like this.
I hope you have a good day.
 
@mojo333.I will get to about 130 then,wow!I haven't been that thin in years.that will be interesting.Thanks for the information.
 
@layla.I am normally funny,but this situation has really stressed me out and that kills my sense of humor.
on the posative side stress makes me not want to eat much so I have lost 9 pounds.I was 150 in may (when i found out about this).I figure after the surgery ill be about 130.It's so easy to lose weight when you're just not that hungry.there is a posative side to anxiety(for me at least).
 
This is my xray.you don't have to be,a radiologist to see the problem.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hip surgery in my future
    20180830_154755.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 145
I'm scared I'll have a panic attack before the surgury.i had one year's ago and it was terrifying.i don't want to ever have one again.it happened as soon as the needle touched my skin.normally needles don't do this.just when I'm going to be put to sleep.i can only hope the counselor and the meditation helps.
 
She makes another funny, I like it, I like it! It's nice to see that side of you, allena.

Your x-ray is blurry, you must have snapped it with your phone at the OS's office?
It certainly doesn't appear there is ANY joint space. Cartilage, what cartilage? You look a tad off center.
We're you standing, or laying down?

I think the counselor and meditation will help you. Remember, they have pharmaceuticals at the surgery site. They'll give you whatever you need to be calm so try not to worry about that. Tell them you're anxious, if you happen to be, as soon as they start prepping you. They'll do everything they can to make you comfortable. You will get through this, allena. We all do. Please believe that.
@allena
 
Yes.i used my phone.i was laying in my side.ill do my best.thats good to know.
 
Is there any chance I'll say or do something stupid and not remember it because if the anesthesia?That would be SO embaressing.
 
Haha :heehee: you think they haven't heard it all. Those nurses could write a book!
If you do say something silly, you'll probably forget you said it anyway.

I think you're going to be surprised at how much a "non-event" a lot of this is.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts about it all once you're on the Recovery side.
Two weeks from today. I'm excited for you to get on with it! You're going to love the result.
@allena
 
Well,tomorrow is the hip class and the pre op testing.I hope I pass the tests.I want to get this overwith asap.
I will get some much needed shopping done friday and saturday-the usual stuff and the stocking up I need to do.Next thursday I will be seeing the counselor then there will be the surgery if all goes well.I want to be prepared.I will make the best of this bad situation.
I will do everything I can to get back to normal asap.I will want to get my independence back-I am stubborn and determined.My biggest problem will be wanting to hurry things along and overdoing it.I am not always very patient.
 
Good for you, Lady. That's the Best attitude.
You have had enough hard things to deal with, that I bet you will be an inspiration to alot of other "Nervous Nellies" out there. Perfectly normal to be anxious about this...but you can do it!:ok:
 
Exactly...so we might as well do it with the attitude that this is going to be some temporary annoyances that will end up with a better, happier, healthier life.:yes:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom