Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

I'll probably be very surprised truth be told.I am unusual -the pain after surgury doesn't worry me-it can't possibly be worse than my worst pain now.
thanks for the information.:)
 
I figured out how to deal with my phobia of being "put to sleep" and not waking up.I decided to be posative about it.Most likely it will be ok and i'll wake up,but if it I don't i'll be ok.If it goes one way I'll be in less pain-if it goes the other way i'll be feeling no pain at all.Finally!something that gives me some peace.:)
 
Yesterday was really hard.My pain level was really high and i was very tired.I'll be glad when i no longer have such awful pain anymore.
 
No chance for a cancellation I suppose to hurry things along?
Chronic pain is horrible...can't wait for you to be on these recovery side.:yes:
Sending big sympathy hugs:console2:
 
You're going to wake up, allena. You'll be here to tell us all about it.
Find peace in looking forward to the life you'll have minus the hip pain you're now suffering.
Concentrate on planning things, menus for recovery, activity to keep you occupied as you're healing,
a list of the items you'll need to make Recovery easier etc. Anything to distract yourself from unpleasant thoughts. Consider trying heat when you're miserable. Even if it doesn't take away the pain you may find it comforting. Wishing you comfort and peace of mind.
@allena
 
I'm doing better-if not exactly excited.I am trying to keep my expectations lower-yes,I will walk better,yes,i'll have less pain.I really don't expect to walk miles a day,ride a bike,or get in and out of the tub without a shower seat.I do have a bad knee afterall.I'll take any improvement-even if it's just being in less pain and my hip not popping out.
Heat does help.I'm very fond of it.
 
I've heard some horror stories-One lady got a untreatable infection in her leg and it had to be cut off.One lady had a blood clot and died.another lady had to have it redone because something came loose in the implant.Lovely.:(
I am trying to remind myself that it's a 98% success rate.
 
I just wish I could be sure it would be successful-that would be so wonderful.Impossible,but wonderful.I am scared something will go wrong.:(
 
Nothing will go wrong and yes the pain you are feeling now is far worse than any post op pain. Don't let your imagination run wild. You are going to be fine!
 
@allena ....My surgery has been rescheduled and moved from Nov 20 to Oct. 9 (which is right around the corner). I have read the horror stories too, but you need to keep it in perspective. Those are rare outcomes and we truly have to believe in our surgeons. You could ask your surgeon what his success / complication rate is,or even go online and search some patient reviews on your OS, maybe that will help reassure you.
 
jaycey.I'm not worried about the post op pain.Unfotunately no one can know with 100 percent certainty that it will work out.98 percent is good.I'll think of that alot.
 
@Lea61-I didn't read them.I know the lady that got her leg cut off.My mom knew the lady that died of the blood clot.A bus driver told me about the one woman(his mother).I get what you're saying.i'll look into that.98 percent.It will be my mantra.
i'm glad you're surgury will be sooner rather than later.How did you get it bumped up?I'm assuming someone cancelled.
 
Consider not reading those stories, allena. If you come across them STOP. Check yourself and move forward.
The likelihood of being a victim of the set-backs you've mentioned is rare. And IF, Big IF, something happened, you'd deal with it and move forward. People do get infections, treat them, live and move forward. People do have blood clots, go through treatment to resolve the problem, live and move forward.

Approaching surgery is a scary prospect for most but you need to try to find alternate ways to occupy your mind aside from giving gloom and doom scenarios airplay in your head. It's difficult but with consistent practice you'll get better and better at it. Those thoughts are going to cross your mind but the quicker you can distract yourself with something to shut it down, the better you will fare.

Wishing for your peace of mind. :SUNsmile:
@allena
 
@layla.I didn't read them.I get you're point though.Mom told about that lady dying of the blood clot for instance.People just tell them the stories.:(
I agree.distraction is good.I mostly don't think about it too much.It's not usually good when I do think too much about it.
 
Good, I'm glad you don't read those stories, allena. It's wise of you to avoid them, it only gets your thoughts going to the bad place.

Consider asking your mom if she'd refrain from sharing those types of stories with you right now as you're struggling to stay calm in all of this. If you feel someone is about to share that type of info with you, ask them to STOP :no-fin: You don't have to listen to others negativity under the guise of helpful advice. Protect yourself. Plug your ears and make noises if they won't shut up, lol.

I hope the rest of your week is peaceful.
@allena
 
my hip has kept me from sleeping much the last few nights.I wish I didn't have to sleep.It's like pulling teeth.
My hip is definitely getting worse.I'll ask about bumping up the surgury.I am not counting on that happening though.The pain level is getting close to my fear level.Pain sucks so bad!
 
Pain is draining. It sucks the energy out of you. Call and see if you can get on a cancellation list.
Then prepare mentally and physically in case you're called. Now that you've committed, the closer you get the more you want your date to come so you can put it behind you. I'm sure you'll feel the same, if you don't already. It's like bring it on already, I'm tired of stressing over it. Sound familiar?
It's a mental tug of war, Yes, No, Yes, No. :gaah: :hairpulling: :tantrum:

Try a heating pad at night if you haven't already. I feel bad for you, I do recall that pain at night in bed in those last weeks. Hard to get comfortable, waking with every turn. Ugh! Well at least you're working toward relief.
Wishing you comfort as you wait.
@allena
 
I am not so much bring it in as much as wanting this horrible awful pain from to stop. I didn't think it was safe to sleep with one in the bed at night.ill have to try it. I'm trying my best to keep it down,but Its not good enough.oh well.usually doing my yoga helps ,but it didn't today.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom