Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Hi @zinnia
I'm so happy to hear you're home already. That's wonderful!
I am amazed you are suffering no pain :yay:
I'm sorry about the restless legs, I would imagine that is maddening and could ruin a good nights sleep.

So far, so good :happydance:
Please continue at a slow and steady pace. I think it will bring you a great outcome.
There's always time for this :spin::dancy: later!

Wishing you a comfortable and peaceful weekend at home.
Hugs :loveshwr:
 
That is terrific that there is no pain. This surgery stuff is so crazy-it is hard to figure out. Glad you are able to move about to help with your restless legs. Have a good evening.
 
Hi @zinnia
Just a quick "Hi"
I hope you're having a good day :flwrysmile:
 
:heehee::loll::rotfl::rofsign::roseshwr:@Layla I am having a busy day; the nurse and PT folk came today, separately. Good news on all fronts. . .they both think I m doing quite well. I have instructions from PT, who will be here Tuesday again, to walk in the house every hour even if just to get up and go to the kitchen. My assignment for the next 2 days is to walk to the end of our driveway, 50/60 ft., and back and use the walk to go up and down the stairs. I am to do this twice a day plus the minimal and BP acceptable exercises. By the time he comes back I will be walking to the edge of our property. He figures I'll be off the walker in abut 2 weeks. This sounds like a great deal but I am cautioned not to do too much if anything hurts or the stamina isn't there. So far so good. A little discomfort in the thigh today but ice is handling it. I am very please with his watching me walk and giving me some advice and following very closely so far with the BS philosophy.
@Thanks, MammaT. I haven't taken pain meds since the night after surgery. I've never felt my hip to be as solid and strong as this one does. I don't think the original revision was ever correctly implanted. It never felt the way this one does.
@ Hi Susan 209. The updates are good because the surgery has been so productive. But how are you doing? I have to visit everyone's thread to see how you guys are doing. Meanwhile, I am pleased as punch. I feel so lucky to have found a GOOD surgeon and a group of supporters that are directing me down such a fine recovery path. I even told the PT today that if he excuses me to out patient PT, "because I am doing so well", I will elect not to go. I won't work on strength training machines. I'm 82 yrs old why am I training for the Olympics? Happy Holidays to All. I hope to continue to bring you good reports along the way. Looks like you all have been right all along, this was a game changer. :roseshwr:
 
Wonderful update @zinnia! I think we all need to make our own decision regarding therapy, especially the first few months. I didn’t mind light stretches, the bike, and steps and walking side to side-those are all moves I use in my everyday life. Squats on the machines did nothing for me and I can’t do them at home. Stand your ground girl! My husband used to say once we turn 60 we have earned right to speak our mind!
 
@zinnia !!!! I was overjoyed to read your post :egypdance:
I'm happy you are doing so well but yelled out a big "YES!" when I read that if PT releases you from Out Patient
Physical Therapy you won't go, nor will you work on strength training machines because you're not training for the Olympics. "By George I think she's got it!"
I'm so very happy to hear this and believe that slow and steady, nice and easy will bring you victory this time.
I'm going to pray you stay the course and are not led into temptation by any of that shiny silver and black gym equipment. Those large hunks of metal are germy and over rated anyway :heehee:
Yay, Zinnia....you've made my day :loveshwr: :yay: :happydance:
 
Great for going forward zinnia
So happy you are on the healing side and things will keep getting better.
:roseshwr:
 
:hi: Thinking of you this morning @zinnia
I hope all is still well, your pain is well managed and you're comfy, cozy!
Sending a hug :friends:
 
:hi: Been reading your story, you have been through alot....so happy your recovery is going well. May you have many pain free days ahead of you.:SUNsmile:
 
@Layla
@Mojo333
All is still going well; I continue with very gentle exercises at home and getting up on the hour to tour about the house a bit. Walked outside to the end of the drive once today and hope to do it again come evening. It is getting cold here, headed for a storm so we shall see. No appreciable pain; light touch after exercise but responds to ice and rest. By the next hour it is gone. I tried walking on the cane today and I am able, no limp but it does stress the groin so it is too soon. Today was the first day of the 2nd week so maybe at the end of this one. I'll see what PT says tomorrow. Needless, I am happy so far, but it is one day at a time for me. I will not fall back on the BS schedule.
@Bumblebee Yes, it's been a 2 year journey to get here. I happy with these results. Thank you for your good wishes. I can still use every one I can get. Thanks so much.
 
Hi @zinnia
It's sounds as though things are falling into place beautifully.
I'm so proud of you for sticking to your guns this time. You're doing great!!
I believe the positive results you'll continue to see will only reinforce that you're
doing recovery right this time. Prayers for continued healing, restored strength and
everything good life has to offer! Keep us updated, we love to share in your progress :ok:
 
Yay zinnia. You made me so happy.
I am so proud of your brave soul.
Christmas will be happy happy.
I know it's rough stuff, but you're a champ.:friends:
 
Woke up this morning with a significant ache from the hip to the knee. Nothing more than an ache so I took a Percocet and went back to sleep for another couple of hours. I'm thinking that it is the result of increased walking and activity. The PT comes about 10:30 today and we are increasing the walking to another half block. And it is wash the hair day today too. That's enough to put me back in the bed. Other than keeping up with the walking schedule that's probably the only stuff I will do today. I haven't been doing a couple of the exercises the PT gave me so I will ask about those too. Mainly stretching. Oh, @Layla :friends:
@mojo, what would I have done without you. Two Years! I've waited 2 years for this. . .nothing was ever done right in that first revision, nothing! It never felt like this; I never had the feeling that it was "right"; I never had the strength that I have now or the direction. I am so, so lucky to have found BoneSmart. I know I've said it before, but it bares repeating, over and over again. Thank you for being there.:loll::yes!::yahoo:
 
Hi @MammaT I am very pleased with my new surgeon. He had to repair the mess left from the former "surgeon" and then set the implant correctly. Grateful that the femoral implant was stable and allowed for the new acetabular implant; and the leg length is correct. Something I am always frightened about. The first revision canted my pelvis and that has been corrected as well. Appreciate your cheering me on. I'm taking it one day at a time so every good wish and thought is so welcome. Hope you are doing well.:reindeersleigh
 
My dear Zinnia...in addition to kind Mojo and Layla (Bonesmart forum Cheerleadering Squad :dancy:)...know that there are many silent ones on this forum just cheering you on as they read your struggles. Everyone loves a story with a happy ending....and we all pray you continue progressing one day at a time.
:friends:
 
Good Morning @zinnia
It sounds as though you're doing well and I couldn't be happier for you!
I'm sorry you suffered some significant pain early today.
You are only one week into recovery so please continue to take it easy. Possibly you should take a break
today regarding the outdoor walking with PT. I fear you could overdue it if you're suffering some pain already today.

In the BS Activity Progression it states that at Week 2 (which is what you are beginning) that you start talking walks around the house lasting longer than 5-10 mins BUT don't get into too much pain or get too tired. Stop before you get to that point.

Week 3 - Lengthen walks to 15-20 minutes once a day, maybe twice, IF it doesn't cause your hip to be painful.

I'd hate to see you get ahead of the game and so want you to get it right this time. Obviously you do too. Please...no matter how much you like your PT......don't let he / she push you. If you are still in pain
after the Percocet this a.m. and the additional couple hours of sleep, possibly you should skip the PT today?

It's so wonderful that you "feel" like it's right this time and have a strength you felt was missing before.
Just praying all is right and continues to progress in the right direction.

Keep us posted, we love offering support and encouragement and look forward to your updates!
Wishing you a wonderful day :loveshwr: :flwrysmile:
 
@Bumblebee And I wish I could thank everyone personally; my only thought is to cheer others on, the way I continue to be encouraged and directed toward success. I've gone back, by the way, into @MammaT and your threads and found out that you each will have your surgeries in February. Having just arrived on the other side in what it appears to be good shape for the first time in 2 years, I wish you both successful and comfortable recoveries. It's great to be on the right side of life at last and to dream about working in my garden again. Hope your dreams come true. I'll continue to watch you pre-op and welcome you back after surgery. :santaclap:
 
Good morning @Layla; Don't you worry. I have copies of the weekly progression as advised all over the house. It is my bible on recovery and nothing will interfere with my end of things. After years of pain from a botched surgery, I am not going to wreck the possibility of success from this one. I am truly on the other side and it feels wonderful. I had already planned to take it easier today and rest. PT is over and I feel better for it, altho he said that I wouldn't feel the results until this pm. But no need for any more Percocet yet. I take a solemn promise to do this right. Now. . . party time. :wowspring:(Just kidding.)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom