Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Hey @zinnia.
You are on my mind and I know you are going to do splendidly.
You are going to be a shining star to show all how far one can lift themselves up from adversity and grab their life by the tail. :happydance:
Course you know these first days won't feel it...but keep thinking TEMPORARY....and know we are on this side waiting for your thumbs up.:thumb:
 
So many thank you to you @Mojo333. I don't report until 11:15 so the first place I came this am. was Bone Smart to find so many good wishes and encouraging words. I know the first week will be tough. And I have many shoulders I can cry on if it gets more than I can handle. But I keep thinking of all of you who have had your own difficult times and I remain inspired. I'll be back on with up-dates as soon as I am able and can think straight.
 
Sending prayers, hugs and love!
:prayer: :console2: :loveshwr:
@zinnia
 
Thinking of you @zinnia
I'm hoping you're resting comfortably and that your pain is well managed.
Wishing you a peaceful night :sleep:
 
Not so peaceful, but managed. blood pressure is low but i have a pain ball that is handling it now.
surgery went well i'm told. see the doc this am. i got to the room too late so pt starts this am but i have been up to stand for a few moments and felt fine. i am about too order breakfast, no nausea, i like the spinal.
@Layla
@Mojo333
@Susan209
more later, my spirits r up
 
So glad you are all done. Glad to hear from you. :console2:
 
You did it :wowspring: So good to hear from you @zinnia
Get lots of rest and don't forget ice too :ice:
We'll be here when you're ready to share.
Wishing you a restful day :flwrysmile: :loveshwr:
 
:hi: Thinking of you :flwrysmile:
 
Hi zinnia. Hopefully you are medicated, icing, resting, drinking.
Just wanted to let you know it hasn't been so long that i don't remember all that rough stuff.
Healing hugs:friends:
 
Hi @zinnia
I hope you're resting comfortably and that your pain is under control.
Keep icing, great pain reliever!
Wishing you a great day :flwrysmile:
 
Hello @zinnia so glad it all went well and your spirits are up, may go up and down but we'll keep them up for you. I liked spinal too, would definately have it again. Sending loads of positive hugs.
 
@Layla and All: I am on my third day; walking with the walker twice a day, sometimes 3. Each walk is farther than the last. Going home tomorrow. The OS is waiting for the blood sample to come back saying I have no infection.
Passed the PT test for discharge. I HAVE NO PAIN! A little pressure when I walk but nothing beyond that. Had a pretty bad night after surgery ; hoping that does not come back. The pain ball really helps. The OS had to put an augmentation on the larger cup to take care of the early fracture. And the cup he took had two screws, one was entirely out, the other was close. . .almost dislocated again. Last night was rough; I had a terrible case of Restless Legs and nothing would touch it. All the hugs and caring thoughts have taken me this far. Now the real healing begins.
 
Go Zinnia! @zinnia
Walking around and going home soon. Good for you!
Thank goodness you aren't in pain. That's wonderful. It must be well controlled.
If the restless legs continues I've heard and read the supplement Magnesium can be helpful.
Do some research if it continues and see what you think...
I'm happy surgery is behind you, Zinnia. Now let the healing begin by taking it very slow and easy.
We're rooting for you :yay: Please keep us posted.
 
Good job @zinnia. Glad you have minimal pain. Like Layla, I have also heard of magnesium for leg cramps/restless legs. Maybe even some gatorade to help with electrolytes. These surgeries just mess with our whole system. Hope you get some rest tonight.
 
@MammaT I am home now. It is not just minimal pain, it is NO pain. I have no pain to manage.
@Layla I've had Eckbom's syndrome (restless legs) since I was in my twenties. I've gone through all the over the counter, vitamin, mineral, products, including the suggestions here and more, which helped me in the early stages but into my 40s/50s I had to go to prescription drugs to get any relieve. Now even when I use them, it will not stop unless I get up and walk. In the hospital, impossible to do as needed.
@Susan209 I am ecstatic to be home where I can get up and walk to the kitchen for a snack or whatever. Going to the potty is a big production, though, what with the icing and the elevating. But we are managing well, I think. Believe me I will be taking it easy. It's a long road ahead and I don't want to mess this up.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom