Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Hi :wave: @zinnia
Thinking of you today. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
No worries about us being here post op.
We'll see you to the door sending you off with virtual hugs and love through encouraging words
then be waiting for you on the other side. You can count on that! :console2:
Best wishes for peace of mind and a relaxing weekend :loveshwr:
 
See you on the other side. Healing hugs:console2:
 
Thanks @Susan209. They really put you out, didn't they. When I had local to have my wrist set I went to sleep and woke up in the middle of it. They had me screened off but I asked if I could watch. Course I didn't have my contacts in but I watched him finish up. It was all a big blur and I was pretty happy. I guess I am wondering how it will go if I just let the spinal take me over. If I have my wits about me, I'll be sure and ask if I will feel anything I don't want to hear them talking about the situation that's for sure.:heehee:
 
Hi @Layla You all have gotten me converted and so grateful for it. I can't wait to start recovery. Have to go through a few painful days I know. But getting my life back is so worth it. Thank you all for being there waiting for me. As soon as I can I'll be back to you with up dates. Hugs all 'round. 3 days and the counting will be over. :happydance:
 
Get some rest and give everything a last good look around to make sure you can get to the stuff you will want/need. Look forward to your updates.
 
:hi: @zinnia
Sending some love for today :loveshwr:
And a flower too :flwrysmile:
 
@Layla Can't beat flowers and love and bouncy guys! 2 days and no longer counting; packing my bags and getting busy setting up the house for my return. Sons and daughters now gone after a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving; I'm so grateful for my kids. And my new family at BS. So very grateful.
@MammaT You give good advice; am seeing to it even as I type. Updates can't come soon enough for me. Hugs and flowers to All. :friends: :yes!::flwrysmile:
 
2 days and counting until the Big Day. (Today doesn't count. I hope I'm not making too big a thing here, but maybe you all can appreciate it more than anyone else!) :roseshwr:
 
I totally get the counting! Good luck.
 
One more day @zinnia only one more day then....Show Time!
You're gonna do great this time because you're going to do it right this time.
I'm going to check in on you later today with some well wishes.
Hope you have a good day :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Layla. Thanks for checking in. Waiting for the call. Bag is packed except for last minute things. I'll be doing it right thanks to all of you at BS; if they get it right this time then I'm on my way. Believe me, I'm looking forward to the adventure. :wowspring:
 
@zinnia All the best tomorrow! We will all be here waiting for your updates and cheering you on. See you on the other side (again) soon!
 
Registration is 11:15; things happen pretty fast after that since all pre-op stuff has already been done. I don't know if the timing is a good thing or not, but I'm very, very ready regardless. Everyones's cheers have seen me through so far and I know you'll be there when I start recovery @Jaycey. You all have been wonderful to and for me. Your warm and generous spirits have seen me through some very dark moments so far. I know it's not going to be roses on the other side but I'll be working for a purpose and I think I have an OS who has his own follow-up program instead of just writing a script for the PT folk. I'll take the month of PT at home; I have so much more knowledge gained from all of my friends on these forums; I can take charge of my own recovery and omit what I find questionable then check it out with you all. I am so grateful to have somewhere I can go to seek advice I trust. I'll be back with updates as soon as I am able which I hope will be tomorrow evening. :ice:
 
Try not to let your mind go there @zinnia
Easy for me to say because my mind LOVES to go to those dark creepy places.
You have a great support system through virtual strangers who became endeared to you through your posts.
There are prayers going up, good thoughts, healing wishes and love in the form of care, encouragement and kind words. YOU CAN DO THIS. You're going to do it right this time without pushing yourself and not allowing your body to heal properly in its own time. Whether you realize it you've gained strength over this past month or so. The desperation felt in your older posts has disappeared and a stronger more confident Zinnia has emerged. Just relax and go with it. Before you know it surgery will be behind you and you'll be on the road to recovery.
I'll be praying for your comfort, peace of mind and that all goes off without a hitch.
Go Zinnia!
Post when you're able.....we'll be here waiting. :prayer:
 
Just a bit longer @zinnia -you've come this far. Don't think it is unusual to have a few dark thoughts--just don't let them take over. You've got this!
 
Sweet, sweet @Layla. You are a dear supporter. I hear you, in fact, my sister in law got ahold of me last night and whipped me back into shape as well. I'm back; I'm more than ready. And I am already into recovery; I have devoured the Home Activity Progress article on the forum. I know it by heart.
@MammaT Thank you. . .I smacked 'em down.
Flowers are one of my very favorite things @Susan209. They make me happy. I'll get back to you with updates as soon as I'm human again. My heart is so full of appreciation.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom