Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Ten days and counting! Pre-op and more blood Tuesday. The show is on the road. Spirits are up. . .sort of kind of. Looking past surgery to recovery. I can handle this.
 
YES YOU CAN!!
Happy to see your spirits are up kinda / sorta
Better than the alternative.
We're here @zinnia to lift you when you need lifting.
Hope you have a lovely day :flwrysmile::loveshwr:
 
Yes ma'am. You can do this!
 
Hi @zinnia
I hope you're having a good day. I believe you have your pre-op doctor visit today?
Prayers all goes well so you are ready to roll next Tuesday.
It's good to see your positive attitude coming through in your supportive and encouraging
words to others. I've enjoyed reading your posts.
Wishing you a peaceful and relaxing Thanksgiving!
 
@Layla. Actually my pre-op is tomorrow; I had the days wrong. So it's bright and early with the OS's PA. and then more blood work. A wonderful distraction to have my kids and 1 of my grandchildren with SO for Thanksgiving and then, BAM! THE BIG DAY. Will be good to get on the other side :loll:and begin recovery. It helps me a great deal to give a bit of encouragement and kindness to some others who have faced a similar road as mine. It's rather selfish of me actually. I've gotten so much caring from these forums. You guys are seeing me through, something I wasn't doing well for myself. I have passed the discoveries I've made here about recovery to my husband and daughter. I have the week by week recovery schedule taped on the refrigerator and my bathroom mirror and gave a third to my husband so he will know what is going to happen. I'm going as fully BS as I can on this one. I can't afford less. If it hurts or is one of Josephine's no-no exercises I'm not doing it.
I don't care who tells me I must. Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
 
Oh @zinnia You can do this . You can you can. So many people here in your corner. Sending you flowers hugs and positive thoughts. We'll all be at your party next week.
 
Will be thinking of you. Enjoy Thanksgiving!
 
Love, and super positive mojo coming your way.
:angel:
 
Just back from pre-op; whew! glad that's over. BUT. . .I'm in love with my PA. He answered all our questions (spouse had several too)fully and clearly; notes galore on my question sheet. And he had several of his own. Guess what! His recovery protocol is walking mostly with home PT for a month, light exercises, mostly walking and gradually getting back into a home schedule. First post-op visit is a month (5 weeks bec. of Christmas)so home PT until then. Spinal anesthetic. Good explanation of what to expect, the least and the most; detailed info on the implant components, all good stuff. Very pleased.
Thank you Susan209 for your hugs.
@Mojo333 Always love to get cheering messages from you.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving @MammaT and All.
@Tomgirl I'm definitely up for that party. And everyone is invited!
Hugs right back. Onward and upward.
 
His recovery protocol is walking mostly with home PT for a month, light exercises, mostly walking and gradually getting back into a home schedule.
A BoneSmart gold star to this PA. Sounds like you will be in good hands!
 
Great news and good for good medical staff. We always hear about the bad ones, but never give kudos to the good ones. Hope you are having a peaceful day.
 
Good deal. Am looking forward to what you think of spinal--I am considering that for hip 2 because I don't think general likes me!
 
@MammaT He said they used it because patients didn't have the nausea and grogginess that they had with general. That allowed for a quicker recovery and home sooner. For me he thinks a 2 night stay, perhaps 3 at the most depending on what they have to do to repair the damage. Will certainly let you know.
 
Hi @zinnia
Great news on your pre-op! Also wonderful you like the PA. He sounds patient, informative and thorough.
You are ready to roll. Just get through Thanksgiving with your SO, kids and grandchild, then the weekend
and it will be Show Time. You have an entire squad here rooting for you Zinnia. I'll bet this time is the ticket!
I hope you are feeling at peace and have a relaxing holiday with loved ones.
Sending a warm hug your way...
:loveshwr: :flwrysmile: :loveshwr:
 
Hello @zinnia glad to hear you got all your questions answered to your satisfaction. I had spinal and if I ever need other hip done then I would definately have spinal again. Didn't feel a thing as he did it and next thing I knew I was in recovery. Few hours later up on my feet, walked I think 5 steps from bed to commode. (glad to get back to bed though) 2 nights in hospital, then home. No nausea. Hope you can have a few easy days at home, as easy as possible of course under current circumstances, then as Layla says ready for Show Time. Take care.
 
Thank you @Tomgirl for your experience. I'm looking forward to it. Were you awake for the whole thing? I'm kind of hoping I'll go to sleep. Not sure I want to listen to their conversation about what the problem is. I'm hoping they won't have to go into the femoral implant.
@Layla Taking it a day at a time at this point I begin the 3 days pre-op Saturday; already have the blood type bracelet on, so I'm good to go. Blown away by his recovery protocol. I was prepared for a battle about PT. I'm up for Show Time. You guys are seeing me through this pre-op experience but I'm thinking I'm going to need you folks even more after surgery. I'm so grateful you all are there with hugs and flowers and bouncing dancers.
@Jaycey Does sound good, huh? A happy surprise.
@Mojo333 A peaceful day to you and All! It's upward from here on thanks to you all.
 
All the best to you. Hope you are having a good day.
 
Hi @zinnia my spinal was combined with sedation. Never heard, saw or felt a thing thank goodness. I don't even remember going into the operating room, just chatting to the anaethetist (sorry can never spell this) about music!
So very glad I found BS before my op. We are all here for you.
 
Hi @zinnia,
I had a nerve block in my leg, spinal and GA.
Anaesthetist initially told me he’d only do light sedation, and I “might hear some noises, and feel some pushing or pulling” at which point I told him ”no no no”, with eyes the size of saucers...
Last I remember is lying in the table and the anaesthetist telling the room in general he had administered the sedative. Next thing I’m waking up in recovery. Just tell them you don’t want to see/hear/feel anything and it will be taken care of. [emoji846]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom