Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Hi @Mojo333 I am in prep mode for surgery, that's for sure. So I am doing just that; I am not going with my husband next week to visit his daughter about 5/6 hrs away. Fun stuff is literally out the window. I'll miss seeing visiting grandson, but I am trying hard to be in the best shape I can muster for this next round of recovery.

Pre-op is about 2 weeks away and I have a ton of questions for the PA most of which don't matter anyway. It is what it is and it has to be fixed. That my previous surgeon would get it so wrong twice just boggles my mind though. I have friends who've had this same surgery and by 8-12 weeks they are off and running (so to speak). I've never been there in these 2 years. So I think sort of darkly about the surgery coming up. I try to be excited and hopeful, but I am preparing myself for the worst. Not exactly a happy camper here.

I am thankful for my luck in finding this forum with you and Joe and Josephine, Layla and Jaycey and a ton of others who continue to hang in there with me. I'll definitely be keeping in touch. I haven't exactly been quiet about all this now that I have an audience willing to listen.

Have a lovely weekend yourself. I am sorry you are missing out on "fun" stuff though; weekends are for that kind of stuff. Patience. Oh my, I'm a bit tired of waiting.
Take care; have some fun close to home and generally know I am thinking of you too.
 
Hi @zinnia
I'm sorry you're feeling so blue. Please don't lose hope. You can get this right.
With a good OS and team, cautious recovery, prayers and support, this can turn around.
You're a healthy, strong and determined woman....you can do this!
Keep in touch.....we're here for you.
Sending a warm hug your way and best wishes for a peaceful, relaxing weekend!
 
Hello all. I am so grateful for all the success stories I am hearing day by day as those on the other side are reporting good news about good new hips. Particularly selfish of me, but they help me to handle the terror I am feeling right now as the days draw down toward my surgery date. It's not a cliche when I say I am hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. Could use a hug or two right about now.
 
Sending you cyber ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) @zinnia ! There is no reason to expect the worst. Just trust the surgical team and try and stay positive.

What is your actual surgery date? I'll put it in your signature for you.
 
Many hugs for you. Anxiety builds...I remember oh so well.
We are rooting for you:friends:
 
Hi @zinnia
I'm sorry you're feeling down. I wish you weren't so worried. From all we know about you it's sounds you are a strong determined woman in good health and physical shape other than the bum hip. But you're soon to have that remedied and I'm sure you'll do just fine. Surgery will be here and gone before you know it and you'll be on your way to recovery. We'll be here to encourage and cheer you on along the way. Just hold on, it's won't be much longer.
Sending a warm hug and prayers for comfort and peace of mind as you wait.....
 
Jaycey, mojo, Layla . .I don't need to tell you guys how much those "hugs" and words of encouragement mean. You've all been through it. But I trusted my first surgeon, and he's a good surgeon. I believe that. He did however make some poor choices, TWICE!

New surgeon? My husband and I both liked him; found him to be very approachable, handled all questions well, explained in detail what he planned to do and why, etc. We shall see how the pre-op goes on the 22nd with the PA. If I'm not satisfied, I intend to ask for another appointment with doc. But I don't believe it was ever a "biological" problem. I believe the cup was originally not set well enough for bone ingrowth to take place. And that is what terrifies me. . . I don't know if I can trust any surgeon again.

The surgery is on the 28th @Jaycey. I am holding on by my fingernails but I am holding on. Can't wait to begin recovery; I've never really moved past walking assisted except for walking around the house robotically.

Another reason I feel that 1st surgeon didn't get it right AGAIN. So recovery sounds like almost too good to be true. I am strong, I am in good health otherwise. My energy level is back up but the pain and lack of mobility holds me back. Trying to think of this as my primary surgery instead of the 2nd revision. Man, I wish this was over! Hugs back to you all.
 
Jaycey, mojo, Layla
zinnia, sorry to have to do this but can you not use multiple tags, please? Users with mobile devices report that it makes it very difficult for them to access a post very well as the get in the way. Also your friends who have previously posted to you will be watching your thread so there's really no need for them anyway. I have deactivate those tags.

We do have an official announcement about this Use of multiple tags or alerts in posts

I have edited your post of the coding.
 
More hugs coming your way @zinnia
We're here.....and we care!
Hope you have a good week. Stay in touch :loveshwr:
 
Hope springs eternal...hoping this surgery will be the beginning of the end to your journey.
Keep positive, we are rooting for you.
 
The little bouncing guy makes me laugh, @Layla. Thank heaven you are there. I will need you even more as I go into recovery. I am following the BS plan. Can't wait to start.

Hope is springing eternal @mojo; I am more positive today and it's a gloomy day! My Nana used to say we had to make our own sunshine so I am making mine.
 
I'll be here @zinnia I promise.
I love those little peeps also, they're funny!
I'll make it a point to look for your posts or check in on you.
You can do this. You are strong and and have a support system here.
In a couple weeks surgery will be in the rear view and you'll be on with the business
of healing but in a slower more gentler way this time. It's going to be good!
Sending love and a hug.
 
Will keep Nana's advice in my gloomy day arsenal.
Sometimes we all need reminding life is what we make it.
Hope today is a Good Day:SUNsmile:
 
A flower for you :flwrysmile: @zinnia
Hope you're having a good day!
 
:hi: @zinnia
Wishing you a great weekend!
This will be you in 2018 :dancy: :spin:
 
Not long now....eat well, try to have a peaceful weekend
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom