Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Hey @zinnia
Well it's nice you have access to a washer /dryer while away. It will save on packing.
Walking the aisle of the plane once in awhile shouldn't be a problem.
You're flying cross country. I can't imagine anyone sitting the entire time.
It will all work out. Seventy degree weather sounds lovely. You'll have a great time!
 
Aww @zinnia, look at you. Off on a cruise. :happydance:I am so glad that you are slowly and steadily getting better. It has been a long road for you. Here's to a Healthy 2018 for you. :cheers:
 
Yeah. . .look at me. @Susan209. :wave: What am I thinking???????? I didn't even mention this trip to my PA at post-op. Is there a clue there? I did talk this over with my PT before he left; and I did the research on Bone Smart and elsewhere. . .at about 6 weeks, plane travel is approved. But I am anxious about the cross country flight. :scare:That's not new. . .I'm anxious about most everything that is coming down the pike at this point. These "nerve" pills are coming in handy for sure.

The cruise will be a treat though. I love having dinner in the dining room; coffee and danish in the room in the am; the piano bar; and the just plain watching the world go by. And then there is the wedding itself.

I seem to have hit a plateau at this stage of recovery, Time has gone by so fast and I haven't kept up with the Bone Smart recovery protocol because of the holidays and this atrocious, disgusting weather. I am practicing patience. In fact, I am finding it easier and easier to do. Who am I fooling; I don't have a choice so I am settling into it and smelling the roses as I go along. I haven't forgotten, @Irish Joe. :flwrysmile:

I declare, it never ceases to amaze and delight me how genuinely sweet and helpful you Bone Smart folk are. I am so grateful. Love you all.
 
@zinnia - Enjoy your trip and let them pamper you! I asked by OS about a 4 hour car ride at 3 weeks (got cancelled because of strep) and asked if I should keep the compression cuffs to use during the trip. They said no need and said the only thing I needed to do was to stop and walk around and stretch for a few minutes every hour or so. I'm not sure that flying would be any different but you could always make a quick call if you have any concerns.

You're doing great in your recovery and the "plateau" about this time probably isn't unusual. You make such quick progressions during the first few weeks that it seems like things have stopped getting better, but it's just that things are continuing at a slower pace. Think of it like a kid growing. They go through growth spurts - the biggest by percentage when they're infants - and then it slows down for awhile. That happened after my first THR. Rapid progress in the first few weeks and then it slowed. Then there was a day a couple of months later when I suddenly was able to do things I couldn't do the week before (kind of like the teenage growth spurt) and then continued slow progression as things more and more approached normal.

Be sure and take your cane with you on the cruise! You may want it for increased help with balance on the ship.
 
Oh @SaraK so good to hear. I know it's a plateau but hearing it from you who have experienced it is very reassuring. Even though I've had two surgeries on this same hip I've never had a bonafide recovery. So this is my first. You're a dear to share yours with me.

As far as the cane goes. I'm still walking on it. Only a few steps on my own around the house so far. I have a collapsible one I travel with which is handy. And, of course, the wheel chair and attendant at the air ports. It's a little tricky picking up the car when we get there but that's another reason we cut down on luggage.

Oh! They're going to pamper. You bet. And there is a spa on the cruise; if I have time I'll be in there for sure.
 
Me too, what Mojo said....

:capn:Cruisin....lucky you!

That's alright :bawl: we'll just stay behind, doing a little of this :snow plough:
Some of this :tantrum2: and that > :cheers: :friends:
All the while you're doing this :SUNsmile: :swim: :SUNsmile:
But that's okay, we still love you to pieces! :loveshwr:
@zinnia
 
Well, @danabanana. . .

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling up to snuff. I wish I could fit you in; better yet, I wish I could just send you a darn ticket and put you in the spa for 4 days. I'd send you down a meal once in awhile and make sure there were chocolates to snack on in-between. You'd come out sparkling!

Feel better! I need my Buddy to be feeling on top of the world with her danabanana sparkle and glow. But take your time. It'll just take a little more time. You deserve some down time. Take it. Rest and feel better. :flwrysmile:
 
To @Layla and @Mojo333. . .I'm wishing I could take the lot of you all on a cruise, just a Bone Smart cruise. That's such a good idea! I'm not kidding. There are such things, conference cruises.

My husband is on a board and we go on a conference cruise (it's a perk) every year. To Alaska next June. All we have to do is have a speaker and a few sessions that we don't have to go to. Josephine could speak and forum advisors could speak. . .or not. We'd hire someone to do those things.

Just a thought. Where do you want to go? I know who to go to to start planning it. I'm really not kidding. :SUNsmile:
 
Ahoy, Matey :capn:What a thought @zinnia

All sounded good until the FA speaking part :heehee:
I'll go....but @Mojo333 can represent :rotfl:

Love ya, Zinnia!
 
So @danabanana, I was wondering about you feeling so bad and went back into your thread to see what it was all about if I could. And there it was. . .WOW! No wonder you want to stowaway. . .not so sure that would help the pain but you have a very busy family going on too. Me, I'm just here with SO who waits on me hand and foot and Lulu the dog. That grand baby is a beautiful treasure though. What a lovely respite she is from time to time. But you are doing a whole lot for a whole of different people. Even if you don't do for them, you are thinking and working schedules and what not out. Makes me tired and hurting just to read about it.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and agree with those who are suggesting that you use the cane inside the house too until your walking improves. I am doing the same. I started walking unassisted but didn't have a nice clean stride or gait so went back to the cane. Also wondering why you are not tagging Josephine to ask about those pains. If it is a hematoma shouldn't it be tended to?

The bottom line here is that I am worried about you. I want you to be well. Do take care and baby yourself a lot more. :flwrysmile:
 
@zinnia enjoy your trip. My revision is Tuesday and your posts give me hope....thank you!!!
 
Will be thinking of you @zinfandel right up through Tuesday and beyond. Wishing you a successful surgery and recovery. Keep us posted with updates as soon as you are able. We will be waiting to hear how things are going for you. Remember, as @Layla says, the doors are never closed at Bone Smart. There is always someone here to lend a helping hand with comfort and advice. We've all been there. If you need help just ask.
Best wishes for a peaceful time pre-op; we will be waiting to welcome you on the other side post-op. :flwrysmile:Hang in there. Once the process starts it's over in a flash and you are in recovery. Good Luck!
 
@zinnia Thank you very much for the best wishes! I will be posting once on the other side!!!:angel:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom