Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Made coffee and took care of Lulu the dog, outside and morning feed. Sitting down with my cup of coffee. PT comes at 10. There will be a walk with the cane outside. I am going farther every day. I am definitely getting stronger. I am working on getting up to a mile, 1/2 up and 1/2 back, as Josephine suggested a while back. PT end this week. I will not be going to outpatient, my choice. Andy is leaving me with some light exercises which are advised. All are acceptable by BS and I will probably continue to do them. @Susan209, do you do any exercises?
How about you @danabanana? any exercising? BTW, that's a happy accident that your hubby happily accepts the newly augmented rear end; what happens when the swelling goes down?
 
I'll bet you're going to miss, Andy....
It sounds like you got lucky gaining him as your PT, Zinnia!
Saying goodbye may be bittersweet.
However, it all points to progress. You're doing it, Zinnia!!
Best wishes for a wonderful day :flwrysmile:
@zinnia
 
I am going to miss Andy @Layla. He has told me that walking is the most important exercise. . .surprise! He had to inform my OS that I am not choosing to go to outpatient but that I have more than reached my goals at this point and that I am keeping up with my walking assignments. My OS pushes the walking and it's my choice anyway. So there.
Heading into Christmas pretty fast. I have all the stocking stuffers collected in a box. Just got the last shipment this am including a birthday gift for my son-in-law who is a love. Husband has gone shooting with a friend so I am finally alone for a few hours. I've taken one walk already with Andy. Life is good! :reindeer:
 
Yes....Life is Good!
What does hubby shoot?
Mine likes to shoot too, pheasants, ducks, deer, geese
Is yours a hunter, or just target practice, clay pigeons?
@zinnia
 
@zinnia no exercise for me except bits of walking with my one crutch. Not quite ready to try the cane. My LLD is most frustrating and I feel is holding me back from more progress. However, I'm reminded it's still early days but it's hard to not compare to others recovery.
 
Yay for you Zinnia. To many meetings tonight...I'm happy things are going well for you.:loveshwr:
 
Haven't done that much today, but I'm exhausted. Had the wrong date for an open house; went to the wrong house, called a friend. . .wrong day. That's sort of how the day has gone. Everything I picked up I dropped; grabber to the rescue.
He shoots targets @Layla with pistols, revolvers, rifles and such. I shoot some too. But he's a marksman. He's a vet from the Marines and the Coast Guard; flew helicopters for rescue missions, then flew MediVac retired.
How are you managing the LLD @danabanana? They are frustrating. I am trying to work mine out and walking seems to help. Layla and Mojo and others have drilled into my head that trying to compare my experience to the experience of others is a fool's errand. . .big no, no! We all recover in our own time. Better to concentrate on that grand baby. Have a happy Christmas with that adorable one. :santa sleigh:
 
We had same day yesterday, Zinnia.
Comedy of errors...everything I attempted rife with complications.
As my old friend so "eloquently" puts it...
"Some days, it be like that."

Today's a new day.
 
@Mojo333 Today is a new day.
@MammaT Thank heaven for new days.
Even if it is raining. It'll be a walk on the walker for distance today. I go a 1/2 block farther today which will probably take me up to the 20 minute mark Josephine suggests for 3 weeks. I can't believe I'm 3 weeks post op; it's flown by. Thankfully, pain free. . .it's a grand new day! :dancy:
 
@danabanana I just realized you had gone through a CD, have Crohn's and RA. So I went back to catch up with your thread and you think I've had a journey? Look at you! Oh my, what a story you have to tell. And it's an on going story with on going problems to deal with. I've enjoyed so much and been inspired by your dealings with the CD surgery; waiting a year to finally get to the THR surgery, which I am hoping will fix the hip situation for you. "Enjoyed" because your sense of humor is contagious, I love it. Years ago I read a book by a writer, (can't remember his name) who was faced with a deadly diagnosis of cancer. He refused drastic treatment, chemo and radiation and instead set upon a daily array of comedies which he watched daily, hour upon hour. In the end he was cured! Who knows, maybe there is something to that even in the face of a deadly diagnosis. I believe in miracles like that so I believe in your wonderful, engaging sense of humor. That is a gift for which I thank you. It puts my 2 year battle with depression to shame. The "blues" are hard to give up when they are always present waiting to grab hold so in this recovery I am fighting them with BS and English mysteries and the gift of no pain. . .and chocolate. I love the villages and the gardens, the tea times and the eccentricities. I can give up the English village but not Bone Smart. You, my dear, are now one of my heroines, not that I don't have a few on this site. I look to you all here for guidance. Someone said, I think it was Layla or Mojo, to me that since I was of an age I could spread my wisdom around. . .well, I have news for you guys, age does not guarantee wisdom and besides, wisdom comes in many forms. And that's my bit of wisdom for the day. I'll add that you are very wise. Keep on moving on. You're doing a good job of it. You'll get there; maybe we'll make it together and can crack open our respective bottles of whatever to celebrate. Even I can dream. Many hugs. :console2::yahoo:
 
Last edited:
So glad you are in a Good Place.
When we count our blessings, and become awate of others struggles...it makes Good Days great days.
Continued progress.
You know how recovery goes...
[Bonesmart.org] hip replacement gone bad<
 
Last edited:
Well @MammaT, what did you do today? I did absolutely nothing; it rained all day, dark and dreary so I stayed indoors and walked around the house organizing for Christmas travel. A happy way to spend a day. How are you doing? How is the hip treating you?
 
Last edited:
Well I went to work and left early since I worked late last night. Trying to get house cleaned up from the mess I created with wrapping! Right hip not hateful. Gives me sharp notice when I bend or twist. Tried being good this week since I had muscle issue in left leg. On the whole, can’t complain. Glad you had a lovely day in the house and getting organized for the trip!:treestar:
 
@zinnia awww you made my eyes leak!!! Thank you!!! How wonderful it feels to inspire the one that inspires me!!! :roseshwr: Yes humor is, I believe, the first and most important part of wellness. My Nana taught me that. She laughed at everything in life....no matter how sad or tragic....she found a way to bring laughter. So, I follow suit and have tried my best to pass this on to my kids. I'm the eternal optimist... My rainbows and butterfly outlook drives my "realist" hubby crazy most of the time. Hehehe love it! :yes!:
 
Warm wishes for a wonderful Christmas with loved ones, sweet Zinnia.
Safe travels as you journey to be with family.
Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
In all the excitement, please don't forget to take time to rest.
Love, kisses, hugs!!
@zinnia
 
Hi @Layla and All. Today is "get ready" day for the big trip tomorrow. PT Andy left yesterday after getting a massive pile of papers signed and delivered in case of what????? I don't know. I have 3 folders full of such papers; the only one I know what to do with is the one on the rental of the reclining chair. Ha! Got that one under control.

We do leave tomorrow at not exactly the light of day but very, very close. Picnic packed tonight. Car loaded with stocking stuffers. . .big stockings! And gifts for the house. Daughter is in charge of the Mama foods, cheese ball and chocolate mousse. . .correction, daughter and grandson. I am to bring nothing. Impossible for me to bring nothing so we went to the PX and bought piles of See's chocolates and massive amounts of nuts in all kinds of dunkings. . .chocolate, praline, other stuff I can't even remember, honey something or other. Wonderful stuff!

So we are all set out with these treasures and ice packs and pillows galore. Taking the van and I recall Layla, your tale of getting into your van to drive, so funny. It's amazing but it works because that is how I always got in to drive. Now it is different. Thank heavens for the running board and the lift handle on the roof, is all I have to say.


:merry christmas: Bone Smarters All, we are off on the great adventure. I will be back soon with a report. 2days into the 4th week and who's counting???????? Hugs and love to All and I hope a Good Night! :santa sleigh::reindeersleigh
 
Enjoy yourself @zinnia-you have earned it!:santaclap::santawave::tree lights:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom