Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

You're allowed to have a pity party every now and then, and even invite us.:console2:
You have had to much adversity, but I believe things are going to turn around.
This recovery business can make one weary.
Hope today is a Good Day.
 
It's hard to keep our eye on the prize @zinnia I get it.
There is always the temptation to compare our recovery to others.
Recoveries are all different, because we're all different. You need to take into consideration any given persons health, pre-existing medical conditions, age and the condition they were in pre-op.
You were in a bad place coming in, Zinnia.

Think car wreck. Let's say your leg was injured in a car wreck. You probably wouldn't expect to be walking only 2 1/2 weeks later. It's only been 19 days since a second revision. Your leg was traumatized and is healing. I know patience is hard to come by at times but you'll just need to try to muster it up each day. Healing will come.

Was your PT able to offer you any consolation in regard to walking unassisted? Try to take it one day at a time, expect some setbacks, anxiety, pity parties for one, we all experience them....but continue to move forward.
Chin up, Zinnia, it will all workout in the end.
Warm wishes for a wonderful Sunday!
 
I'm up @Layla, never fear. It doesn't hurt to have two sweet (and very pretty too) young'uns listen to me whine along the way. Thank you and @Mojo333 for calling me on it though. I have no business being sorry for myself. I went for a 15 minute walk up the road a piece with my walker to air out my head; and I'm back to find you all cheering me on, which is what you do so well. And I love you for it. I've just told my neighbor who had a knee replacement on the 4th about BS; I hope he and his wife will check in on you. I think they both could use a little advice. The surgeon they used was the same who did my first revision. I hope he did a good job for them; I know he can. He was, however, over his head with my 1st revision I'm afraid. The day is glorious here. Chin is high. The weariness is gone and I'm ready to settle into recovery again. It's just a great day to be alive. :egypdance:P.S. The PT told me there is no reason why I won't walk again unassisted but my gait will be altered somewhat because of surgery and also because I have some deformity issues because of arthritis in my left foot and knee. So I will be compensating. ???????
 
Don’t know about right buttock @zinna. I know I had swelling on that side, but never looked closely (part of my overall denial system!). I don’t like the idea of walking with an assistance device, but I would be walking. And I will get canes in every color and design! Especially if I am pain free. Very sensible going out for a walk and clearing your head. Have a good afternoon and try not to fret much.
 
:hi:A nice walk outside taking in all the beauty nature has to offer is so good for the soul.....and recovery too.
You once again sound like the strong, determined, optimistic, @zinnia we've all grown to know and love.
You're right, it is a great day to be alive! Certainly better than the alternative :dead: Lol!
Keep on keeping on......you're doing great :flwrysmile:
 
@MammaT I already have canes in most every color and a collapsable one for travel too. I wrapped red sparkle tape around my first one at Christmas 2 years ago. That's all peeling off now. Wouldn't you call a cane an assistance device? It does make an enormous difference to be without pain, you are so right about that. I could walk the rest of my life with a cane and not let it bother me much. But maybe, just maybe I won't have to. Taking me awhile getting that down as it is. Although I am weaned off of the walker inside and out as well. I do take the walker when I go on long walks. Though I have lengthened the cane walking too. So I'm getting there. And I'm not fretting any more. I worked it out with yawls help. I was born in Ohio by the way. Hope you have a great remainder of the day and evening.
 
Oh yes, a cane is an assistance device. I will accept one if I have to-there are far worse situations. I think you will end up not needing one long term-but if you do, rock ‘em!
 
Hey @zinnia, I also still require my "assistive device" aka walking stick when I'm tired or out and about and I am coming from one straight up complication free THR two weeks before you and am 39. Taking all this into account, I think you are doing pretty amazing. :friends: Suggest patience is key (says the impatient one :giggle:).
 
Hope today is a Good Day, Zinnia.
You are brave and time will be the biggest factor in healing. Keep doing what you are doing.
It's going to improve slowly BUT SURELY!:loveshwr:
 
Back at ya @zinnia :loveshwr:
The post of @Susan209 up above is so awesome!
That has to put it all into perspective for you. Causes you to reflect on the wonderful progress
you've made and will continue to make because your doing it right this time.
Keep smiling, sweet Zinnia :flwrysmile: Have a wonderful day!
 
@Mojo333 Hi pretty Lady, look who's calling someone "brave". You are the brave one with your bilateral self. All the while you are recovering from that amazing bit of surgery, you are cheering me and others on with words of wisdom coming from experience. How I appreciate you! I have a list of women who are my heroines and you are now among them. I've never heard you whine or complain or be impatient or cry foul. . .you're always there with a kind and gentle word with hugs on the side and an easy shove toward a successful recovery. Have you ever counted the number of those you have helped with that caring, hopeful way? So anyway, I'm also here to wish you a very
:merry christmas: full of light and joy and the glory of love. You are an amazing woman full of tender heartedness and I love you for what you've done for me in these past weeks. I don't want to disappoint you or myself or my children or my wonderful husband so I will be patient and know in my heart that all will be well one way or the other but without pain. And that is the blessing.:reindeersleigh
 
@Susan209 Thank you for those reminders; I tend to put all that aside more often than I wish and think I am 39 again without physical infirmities that bog me down. I have expectations of myself that are not present in reality plus I deny the damage done in the previous two years. But that is why I came to BS in the first place. So wise folk like you could hand me the truth in a short, sweet but direct way and hope I woke up to it. You encourage me; anyone who goes through this recovery, which includes the pre-op and the anticipation, which such aplomb is a brave soul. There are so many heroes on this forum, you among them. So many amazing people. I had my hair done today; walked on my cane from the car into the salon, managed myself during and after, back into the car with my waiting husband and home only to top it off with a 10 minute walk. . .with my assistive device. I made myself proud. It felt very good to be out. Now I'm going to sit down and fold some clothes. :merryx:
 
Last edited:
Hi there @MammaT, Me too, if the cane is the best I can do, so be it. To be without pain and to walk well with or without a cane will be a blessing. But I think I will walk mostly without one with time. I really don't have much choice except to do due diligence and walk as much as I am able with out overdoing it. Our bodies have minds of their own, that is clear, and we will just have to walk to their pace. It's just interesting to me to see how others managed the process. It's very personal I realize that but there is a certain sameness to it too from one to another. If I do end up on a cane I do intend to rock on those babies and create as much havoc along the way as I can muster. That's obviously my modus operandi anyway. :merry christmas:
 
@zinnia you are a gem! My sister-in -law says to me “my head tells me I can still do things like I did 30 years ago, then my body tells my head to shut up!” I have found that I can think things through and get things done, just not the same way. Sometimes that means I have to wait and ask for help with heavy things, for instance. Let’s just rock our way through Christmas!:santaclap:
 
@zinnia I wish I could come give you a great big hug! Then we'd have to have a cuppa tea and chit chat about life! You are amazing!!! What a journey!!!!! I just read this entire thread of yours and I WAS RIVOTED!!!! You're journey to this point, is incredible!!! From the fear and disparity, the defiance hehe, then grateful surrender....to eager resolve!!!!!! Here you are!!!! Brilliant!!!!:loveshwr:


PS-My butt cheek of my operative side is also about twice as big as my other side. :thumb:While shocking to me when I first noticed, my hubby hasn't complained! :eyebrows::heehee:
 
Last edited:
@zinnia I certainly do hope that I can encourage and buoy the hopes of my fellow bonesmarties as there were those who certainly kept me afloat during my recovery.
My recovery was not without bumps, distresses or fears.
As far as the whining...if you get really bored...go back and look at my recovery thread in the early months...oh my stars! So much whining going on.:boohoo:
Hope you have a lovely week, and your holidays are bright.
:window:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom