Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip number 2 on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness! I spent ages espousing the cuteness of possums while riding my bike ...well time got away and I realised I'd ridden for 16 minutes! Then my post disappeared completely. ....
Now I 've just come home from a lovely afternoon of drinking bubbles at a friend's house and find disparagement of possums has taken place in my absence!
This must be rectified post haste...oh! alright then, first thing tomorrow. ...
 
@Kay9 About driving - I would recommend you call your surgeon's office and ask about this. You could get into trouble with your insurance if something happened and you were not officially cleared to drive by your OS. Sorry - probably not what you wanted to hear!
 
Sheeesh as I posted about a stalker in my past I read your problem. You are so right to try to get it ended and is also to hell other ladies and men from this process or to say there is an out.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Kay9, hooray that you have your staples out and that it was a smooth procedure. Sending tons of healing vibes your way as you press on with your recovery, and also good thoughts that you just have squirrels dancing on your rooftop and not rats. Musn't be rats!! :)
 
Hey @Suzette :) Guess you couldn't sleep either last night? I finally got to sleep at around 3ish I think.

All sorted with my eldest Daughter now:yay:, was a silly row that seemed to escalate. All caused by my ex Husband, her Father :headbang: and my daughter is quite fiery ( has her Dads Italian temper) and Im quite fiery ( Irish) so between the three of us it got a bit fire-worky ( is that even a word?:unsure:) and then my brothers waded in, blah blah blah...anyway, all her Dads fault, we've decided :snork:.

@zauberflöte that post made me laugh out loud, imagining the Possum writing on your rug in yellow marker!:rofsign:What did he write?

@Poppet thanks for the links. I read them ages ago but basically forgot, then read them again and it made me stop and think. Im rushing this recovery. I know it. Im thinking Im healed and Im not. I don't know why I always feel the need to push myself like I do?:what: Its like I HAVE to be able to do everything for myself, and not give in. I read the healing phases one a few times because I need it to sink in...I was even going to try driving today so I could get back to work! But Im not now. Im going to pull back a bit and remind myself Im less than 3 weeks out of major surgery and just because I feel I can do things doesn't necessarily mean Im ready to! Thanks for the reminder.:yes:

Lol @Tiffany57 , you obviously have a different view on Possums...the same view I thought I had, that they're cute and lovely:roseshwr: . I think they probably are...from a distance. And as long as they dont have access to yellow marker pens.
Im envious that you spent time drinking bubbly:cheers2: I wouldve joined you if Id known:).

@Jaycey I doubt very much Id be able to get hold of my surgeon, but you're right, I wont drive yet, especially not now Ive read the links properly that poppet gave me, I know Im not anywhere near healed enough yet. I did speak to my insurance a few days ago about another matter and I mentioned it then, but they didnt seem at all bothered if I did or didnt drive, basically said its up to me? I will wait a while longer though:)

Hey @Legin I didnt know you had posted about a stalker too, thats weird! My stalker has harassed me for 4 years, but always stayed JUST on the right side of the law re me bringing charges against him. The police always said they couldnt do anything until he actually did something illegal. Then he did, so now Ive been able to press charges. Court on November 12th :yes:.

@DeepBreath whatever was up there has gone, or died :sad: Theres been no noise so far tonight at all. Likely was a bird I think, but I dont mind it being a squirrel, fox, lesser spotted haggis or whatever...as long as its not a rat!

I cant tell you how different it feels to have those staples out!:yes!: They were starting to feel a bit kind of tight? My scar looks really funny up to the one that was glued, it looks like somebody has drawn dots all along the length of the scar :heehee:


Walked to pub and back today, ate a lovely roast lunch then had Treacle sponge and custard...:thumb: Twas delicious! Then an Irish coffee. I will be putting on lots of weight at this rate! Oh well. Plenty of time to get in the gym when Im healed:)
 
Chortle as I have always said never mind way to mans heart is thru stomach........ So sorry your stalker went to that point, it is scarey I would check door was locked about a thousand times

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Kay9 - Poor you - about not seeing your grandchild and about the stalker. Hope that this situation will get better. I haven't got any grandchildren yet but I'd like to. I'm very fond of children. I have 4 daughters.

I agree that it would be good to go ahead with your complaint, even though your recovery is fine now - so that it doesn't happen to somebody else.

And don't worry about deadly spiders in Melbourne. They are not everywhere and don't attack people all the time. When we flew to Australia in March 2014, we went to Melbourne first, stayed at bed & breakfast, rented a camper and drove down this famous route from Melbourne to Sydney. I'd recommend it. It's a great place - great lakes, pictoreque beaches. At Lakes Entrance (strange name for a town, but there really is a lake there with a connection to the sea), they have lovley fish & seafood restaurants. I wouln't go from December to February though. It can be very hot 40 °C (about 104 °F) and there can be fires.

Keep us up-to-date about the "monster" in your roof. We had a monster in the attick, too, but now we've had our roof redone.
 
You are very welcome @Kay9 -- I found during my recovery a very dear member friend kept reminding me to slow down. It is not easy, we want to get back into living however our body has its own timeframe -- hang in there you will recover :)
 
Oh @Kay9 what a lot going on for you and thats an understatement! I identify with so much of it.

Animal in the roof.
We have something(s) in our roof maybe a couple of times a year, never found out what it was, lots of scratching noises over several nights then diappear. I wonder whether it is a bat or bats? Ours might be that. It is very unnerving and sleep impossible.

Complaint
I did a formal complaint to the hospital in which I had my hip done. It felt good to write down the long catalogue of errors and attitudes that I had had to suffer and rereading the complaint letter I felt justified in the horror I felt.
I met with the ward manager and the Head of nursing who listened to everything I said, accepted what I said and apologised. I felt good that the matter was resolved. (As I write this I am thinking was I just gullible!) It helped me put the whole matter behind me and move on. So I would encourage you to do a formal letter of compalint if you can make the time and energy to do it.

Harrassment
The police are right that they cannot do anything unless what someone does is lillegal but did you know you can?
I once had to take out an antiharrassment injuction. It worked wonders. The man who I knew through my work, used to wait in the office car park, staring and rocking. He would be walking behind me when I went to lunch several times a week. Our legal department said "nothing you can do, not illegal" I thought blow this and went to court personally and asked for an anti harrassment injuction with a report detailing what he had done. I was granted it without huge debate. More suprisingly it worked, never saw him again. So good luck on 12 Nov you need some resolution.

THe driving issue is strange my Consultant said "at six weeks" another doctor said it was nothing to do with him it between me and the DVLA. I would worry before six weeks that if involved in an accident you might be considered at fault ..........

Oh what a relaxing time you are having (not) although lucky you with that roast dinner! Look after yourself in Ambridge or was it Emmerdale?
 
Hi Kay9

The recomended time for going back in the driving seat in blighty is 8 weeks so be careful and take it easy if you feel the need to try it wouldn't try emergancy stops as this might cause movement. A smal drive around the block with gradual stops but my brain is saying don't do it wait a few more weeks.
Your call Kay9 your choice your outcome.

Billy
 
Hello my hippy friends:wave:

Im being timed how long Im on here by an increasingly flustered Daughter:oyvey:because I've already had my "allocated" time catching up on many work emails...so Im typing as fast as my fingers can go:yes:. I really do need my own Ipad/laptop!

@Legin I know that horrible feeling of checking the back door over and over to make sure its locked:sad:, its very frightening. Im sorry you've been through that too. I wasnt so concerned when I had the dogs, they wouldn't have let anyone in, especially my Ridgeback, but now Ive not got them I do feel more vulnerable. It will be over soon though hopefully.

@Constanze your trip sounds idealic! :) Maybe one day I will jet off to Oz after all. Monsters gone from my attic I think. I hope. No sounds from there anyway:thumb:

@Poppet those links really did make me understand that theres a lot of "inner" healing to be done yet, Ive rested quite a lot today .:yes:

@copsham..I never thought of Bats! I love Bats!:) Id quite like it to be Bats:yay:
Nobody told me I could take out a private anti-harassment order? I wish somebody had done, this could've been stopped a long time ago! Your stalker sounds very un-nerving and sinister, you must have been so afraid! Im so glad you were able to stop him and never see him again. I can empathise with what you must have been going through:sad:.
Mine started off doing things like sending bouquets of flowers or poems, stuff that couldn't really be reported to the police as harassment even though it was unwanted. Then constantly calling my phone ( I had to change the number) and walking up and down outside my house, or sitting on the wall opposite my house smoking and staring for hours, nothing could be done about that because his family live in my road and he told police he was just visiting them, so was doing nothing wrong. Police said legally he was doing nothing wrong so all they could do was have a "friendly word" with him.
He would follow me around the village when I walked my dogs, and at one point I even threatened to let them off lead to attack him if he took one step closer, but he laughed and said then my dogs would be taken and destroyed, so go ahead he would like that.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I documented everything, kept all text messages, wrote down every time he approached me or stood outside the house or followed my car in his. Police were pretty useless to be honest though. Then he started getting more cocky, more threatening, and tried to stop me getting in my car in front of witnesses and turned on them when they came to help...police suddenly listened and well, here we are, should've got to this stage years ago really, but at least now somethings being done. Im fed up of even thinking about him to be honest, just be glad to put it behind me.

@forbesy Im not going to drive yet, even though life would be a lot easier, theres not even a shop here, but I know its silly to try yet. Maybe another 2 weeks or so:thumb: If I can last that long lol...

Ooops, times up. Im off:nah: maybe Santa-baby will bring me my own Ipad for Christmas. I have been very good:angel:
 
Hi @Kay9
I just read back on your thread re your hopsital experience as I missed it at the time. So much of it was simialr to mine and so distressing. Mine was private too paid for by insurance. The advantage was having a single room and choosing when you could go in. The disadvantage is when you have a nurse Ratchet (One flew over the cuckoos nest) they can do a lot, unseen and unheard by anyone but you. They were hopeless re my clearly stated allergies, my pain meds, lack of ice, not responding to buzzer, threatening I could not go home unless I had a bowel movement(!) etc etc When I did my complaint and had a meeting about it, it transpired that the nurse, one aspect of my complaint, had already been disciplined and they thought she had improved!!

I had my foot op in NHS and the experience was suprisingly better.

Look after yourself. Hope 12th Nov is successful.
 
Thankyou @forbsey, I do too!:snork:

@copsham, I never thought of it like that, that if you are in your own in a room they can be however they want, no witnesses! Sounds like we had very similar experiences! I will definitely be contacting PALS again once ive got other stuff out of the way :thumb:
Thanks for your good wishes for Thursday:)

Gotta bring my red shoe avatar back....I miss it:snork:
 
Great lovely as you are, you really are well represented by the red shoe - you will always be that to me! What is it about red shoes? As a kid my favourite shoes were red ones. Now my mother with severe dementia keeps looking for her red shoes!! May be they represent freedom!

Shall I PM you my letter of compalint?
 
Yep @copsham its definitely more " me" isnt it:yes:
I think we love red shoes because not only do they make us feel free, they are a little bit naughty:wink: and vampish, but possibly because magical things are supposed to happen when you have red shoes on..like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz :curtsey:. Red shoes ROCK :bow:.

Yep Id be very interested in your letter if you dont mind PMIng me it, thankyou! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Kay9 , I like your red shoe, too. You hit the nail on the head - they are vampish and naughty. I've got a red pair of summer sandals - maybe I should put them on, rub my feet together, and they will take me to OZ. Will this save me from getting a jetlag? :).
 
@Kay9 perhaps you are waking up soon now and preparing for your court date. I hope this will put an end to this man's behavior.
I like the red shoe too, glad you switched back! It's very distinctive ;)
My yellow marker story was about a raccoon, not (thank heavens) a possum. Raccoons have little hands that are quite talented at getting into mischief. They are curious, bold, not afraid of people in a suburban setting, like pizza, can open any container including screw top ones, I'm told, but around here they don't have a reputation for being mean at all, just a horrible nuisance. They climb into your rolly garbage bin and grab the pizza, come out and climb up the tree to eat it, thumb their noses and dare you to do something about it. The first time I heard a pair fighting (or mating) up in a tree at midnight, I screamed as loudly as they did! Sounds like someone being murdered :lol:
Glad you are slowing down a bit, you will thank yourself for it next spring!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@Kay9, I am sending buckets of good wishes your way that your stalking situation can be dealt with NOW. I am so sorry you've had to deal with that. I know people like that are unwell, but the fact that they can prey on innocent people unchecked unless they do something 'illegal' (taking away a huge chunk of someone's life seems pretty darned illegal to me) is galling!

Also, about the complaint: I do hope you go through with that. You were treated criminally and they owe you an apology. It's your decision, of course, but they need to answer for how they treated you.

Take care, Red Shoes. :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom