THR Hip #2 17 months later

Week 3. I’m just working toward the weekend. Nothing major to report out on. No marathons here. Walking and talking. That’s about it.
 
Hi, hippy friend.
Glad you are staying slow and steady and keeping that energy concentrating on healing...
Recovery = Hurry up and Wait
:bored:
Hope your Tuesday is Sunny!
 
Well none of the bets came through...the favourite rarely wins and of course we're all experts on the day.

Nice to spend time with friends, weather was very warm and I even had some wine eventhough I'm still taking meds occasionally which was good.

I didn't get overtired because we were all sitting, eating and lounging around relaxing and just enjoying the day.

It was nice.
 
Had my 4 week check in yesterday, a little early, X-rays are good, folllow up in 6 months. I just want to get to 6 weeks, and then the 2 month mark, and I will feel safe. I still have so much PTSD leftover from last year and the dislocation.

We decided to cancel the work trip to AZ, which is fine, I can use my airfare to go to another location in the further. No need to push it. I have too much work to do anyway.


Side note. - still sleeping on my back, my poor tongue is so dry in the morning until I brush my teeth and drink my water. Ewwwww.
 
I know I can't wait until weeks 6-8 too because the thought of dislocation is terrifying. I can't imagine how bad that anxiety would be having *gone* through it before.

But we're almost there! :beer:
 
I can only imagine. You are doing it right and should be fine but I am sure week 6 or 8 would be great to see. Have a great weekend!
 
Four weeks today, hip hip. Hooray, no pun intended.

Question for the double hippies, why does hip #1 feel like it’s stuck. #2 is moving along really good but now hip #1 feels like it’s stuck.

I’m gonna go do some stretches and see if that helps.
 
I haven't experienced my other hip feeling stuck but mine was done almost 10 years before this one. Stretching will likely help. And keep in mind even though your newest hip is doing great, our bodies are always accommodating to help and likely create other aches, pains and/or tightness.
 
Niggly sensations along the way crop up but when they resolve it's a relief.

Glad you're better.:yes!:
 
And just like that, I’m on my knees looking under the couch, when it hits me, “I just got on the ground by myself and didn’t even think about it”. Of course I was looking for $100 that I misplaced. I’m sure that would give anybody incentive. lol.

Hope everyone is having a good recovery day.
 
dnordo220 100.00 dollar incentive… to bend on your knees without a second thought - Less than a month after THR surgery. That was worth a chuckle… good story..:rotfl:
 
@Hippielife I’ve been selling things on Facebook marketplace. Trying to become a minimalist.

Someone came and picked up a table and chair set and they gave me money in an envelope and I misplaced the envelope. I was looking all over for that dang envelope. Anyway, it wasn’t under the couch. It was in my drawer. lol.

But today I went up in my daughters room and then just lay down on my stomach. It was really weird and it didn’t hurt so that’s kind of cool. #feelingkindofnormal.
 
Day 31 days I hope everybody is progressing well week by week you should see some changes. It’s exciting to be able to go up and down the steps not one for the time.

I have been able to resume my fitness regimen, of course, with modifications no, jumping! Keeping it low impact, but continuing to move.

Have a great day
 
Happy One Month Anniversary, dnordo!
You're doing great and we're thankful you're sharing your journey with all.
Have a great day and weekend! :)
@dnordo220
 
@springs12 I was extra cautious with this hip. This hip was different. Much more swelling, so it kind of forced me to take it easy, ice and take my meds. I can’t usually sit still.

Not being able to do what I normally do has tested me, but I’m glad I took a much more conservative approach his time.

My body is telling me to start adding more activity in. So I am.
 
Had my 4 week check in yesterday, a little early, X-rays are good, folllow up in 6 months. I just want to get to 6 weeks, and then the 2 month mark, and I will feel safe. I still have so much PTSD leftover from last year and the dislocation.

We decided to cancel the work trip to AZ, which is fine, I can use my airfare to go to another location in the further. No need to push it. I have too much work to do anyway.


Side note. - still sleeping on my back, my poor tongue is so dry in the morning until I brush my teeth and drink my water. Ewwwww.
Wait. Dislocate?
 
Back
Top Bottom