THR Hip #2 17 months later

@Mojo333 omg I’m so happy to hear about the cart wheel. I didn’t think that was something that I would be able to do again.
The last time I did backflips was in 2021, right before I realized I had hip problems. I was really hoping I could upload the video because even at the age of 53 I had perfect form lol.
 
I'm not back flipping or cart wheeling but there's not much else I can't or don't do.

I'm seeing my surgeon soon and I just want to hear him say "you're good to go" for peace of mind.
 
@dnordo220 When my OS discharged me from his active practice he said the only thing I could never do was "bungy cord jumping". That was totally fine with me as that has never been on my bucket list! Haven't done cartwheels or back flips since I was in elementary school. But I did teach a young girl how to skip which before the surgery I could not have done. Don't worry too much about not doing fancy stuff -- enjoy doing the routine things with pain free hips :dancy:
 
Last edited:
@djklaugh omg. No thank you to the bungee jumping. I’m not that adventurous. @Goma I was a swimmer and a gymnast and just did the back flips because I could. lol. But now I can’t and I’m ok with that. Glad you’re feeling great.
 
@dnordo220 It's a simple but great update! We love those. You are in the class of "I'm ready to go!" pretty much out of the gate. My sister just had her L hip replaced the day after you and she is also doing great and back to work today. It doesn't sound like either one of you is looking back! It's nice to have these stories of good recoveries. It just reminds us of how fortunate we are to be able to have this surgery and get back to life in a relatively small amount of time. Blessings for continued good healing!
 
@Hip4life I promised myself that this hip I would take it much slower, and even though my pace is faster than some, it’s slow for me. But it’s working. Im making great strides (no pun intended, yes it was). lol.

To be honest, I don’t post everything about my progress because I know others are recovering at a different pace, their pace., as it should be.

But I definitely hold back on reporting my activities.

But you are right, we should share the success stories. A friend of mine had her hip replaced 2 weeks ago, she had reached out knowing I had mine done and was scared to death after reading some posts. I did reassure her that everyone starts in a different place, and she’s having a great recovery so far.
 
we should share the success stories.
Yes, I agree. I looked for success stories as I tried to gather up the courage to schedule my surgery. I wanted to to read the good stuff and avoided anything negative like the plague. So share away!

The only thing I struggle with is people bragging about leaping a tall building in a single bound on someone's thread that is struggling. Doesn't happen often, but it does on occasion. Thankfully most members are kind, compassionate supportive of others and a joy to communicate with.
Have a great week! :)
 
8 weeks and 4 days

Trip to Las Vegas was quite uneventful, other than the stress of my colleagues, lol. Nothing new to report. I need to catch up and hope that everyone is continuing to heal and recover. Looking forward to some time off in after Christmas through the new year.
 
So glad to hear you are doing well:banana-santa:
Hope your Christmas is Sweet!
 
Tomorrow is 10 weeks, and it’s great that I can do more and more, but I forgot from hip #1 that brings on new sensations. I had high heeled boots on Friday night, and was standing for 2 1/2 hours, and I am feeling with burning/tingling sensations that come and go. The dual action OTC meds seem to help, hoping to find a wedge to wear for tonight, lol, my hips don’t lie, they don’t like a high heel, even the think block heel.

Journaling just in case it’s more than irritation, but I’m pretty sure it is, I don’t have actual pain.

Merry Christmas everyone. Have a great Holiday with family and friends, or if you’re celebrating solo, enjoy peace.
 
Last edited:
I had high heeled boots on Friday night, and was standing for 2 1/2 hours, and I am feeling with burning/tingling sensations
I feel your pain just reading this! You are a brave woman to wear high heels so soon after surgery.

Hope you feel better after some icing and rest.

:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
Goodness, and I thought my 1 inch heels are traumatic!
Good idea to journal this but I bet you'll be fine in a couple days.
 
@CricketHip I’m sure that you are right. What’s that saying about fashion? Beauty is pain. It certainly was on Friday night. lol.
 
My sister, who has had two TKR's and one THR said that she used to think older women didn't have good fashion sense with their choice of shoes... now she knows it is dictated by pain!
If I could get away with it, I'd wear sneakers to every function, weddings included. :old:

I hope you are on here soon to report you are back to feeling good.
 
Yay for getting out of ODIC really quickly!!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom