THR Hip #2 17 months later

@dnordo220 I decided years ago that I'd rather be a "slave" to comfort than to fashion. I just wear flat heeled shoes and those do come in lots of fun and beautiful colors and styles. For me it wasn't just having new hips but also some usually mild balance issues (inner ear related).

Merry Christmas and healthy New Year! :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: :santa-dance::happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
@djklaugh I get that. I get vertigo from time to time. But I’m all in for fashion. I wore 4 inch heels tonight with my holiday outfit. Luckily I sat most of the night. But my silver sparkly pumps were fire . I did bring sneakers and left wearing them.
 
Good for you, I've always loved heels, wore them just about everyday in corporate.
Since ankle surgery & now hip I think my high heel days are over :sad:
However, still have boxes with my favorite heels in them in downstairs closet, maybe one day throw a pair on & take a walk around the room for sake of "days gone by!"
Merry Christmas all!:christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon:
 
Happy new year ! I survived vacation with 19 people and too much libations. Thank you to everyone that helped me with my journey, or shared your journey. Wishing everyone much health and wellness for your days to come.

I most likely won’t be on here as much, but hope to pop in to see how everyone is doing.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hip #2 17 months later
    IMG_3762.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 84
Happy New Years! So glad you had a great time with all 19 and your newer hip. Continue enjoying your new hip!
 
Happy New Year, dnordo220!
Lovely family you have! Thanks for sharing your journey with us and please do pop in with an update once in awhile.
Best Wishes for a fab 2024!
@dnordo220
 
Please keep in touch, it's so helpful to many just beginning this journey cause sometimes one of us has an answer for them.
I can't believe it will be 2 years for me in February, no clue where the time has gone but I know it all worked out.
 
Hope you see this…Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Take good care of that new hip. :)
@dnordo220
 
Almost 6 months! Feeling great, I’ve become a jogger. I ran a 5k last week and it was amazing. I love my new hips ! I’m so happy I bought that treadmill, it really helped me with my walking.

Recovery can be hard in the beginning, but it’s so worth it. Listen to your body and take your time with your recovery.
 
Glad to read that you are doing so well, @dnordo220, and congrats on being able to run a 5K!

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it will help inspire others who are waiting for their THRs.
 
Back
Top Bottom