Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip #2 17 months later

Lovely photo.....always uplifting to be near water. Your weekend sounded fantastic....good to get out with friends and have a change of scenery. Just do what you want without making the hip a priority.
It's all worth it.

My pt said after 6 weeks driving should be ok.
Of course it depends on leg strength and groin/pain levels.
I haven't driven yet but I'm thinking about it..
 
2 weeks in the books. Attending a funeral today, it’s going to be a long day. Fingers crossed.
 
Ugh. I'm sorry. Long day and likely a sad one too. :boohoo:
I hope you find many opportunities to get off your feet which I'm guessing you will.
Good luck, dnordo.
@dnordo220
 
Ughhhhhhhhh. I will not sleep on my side, I will not sleep on my side ! Back sleeping is the worst. I’m so uncomfortable. Tylenol pm and wide awake. Ok that’s my rant.
 
Hi @dnordo220 That sounds familiar - pillows, pillows and more pillows as well as ice and pain killers seemed to be the answer for me. Sleep throughout the day when you can! BoneSmart in the early hours provided the distraction. Take care.
 
I can sleep anywhere but I used pillows too because I was scared I'd roll over.

I'm side sleeping now and it's much better. I use a pillow between my knees, lie on my operated side and it's comfortable.

I didn't side sleep before 6 weeks. Caution before comfort this early on just to make sure the hip is safe. It's worth it.
 
I am a devoted side sleeper but I am still sleeping on my back. Last week I jumped awake and immediately panicked. I checked my leg position and all was well. If I sleep on my side I am all over the bed and switch sides during the night as well. Back sleep prevents wrinkles, back sleep prevents wrinkles- ha! One day it will happen without any worries just not there yet. Sigh.
 
@Goma 100%. I think that’s what caused my dislocation or was partially responsible for it last year.

I’m starting my supplements today, so maybe the magnesium will help me sleep better tonight. Good thing I’m not grumpy. During the day.
 
Oh your dislocation would have been frightening and I'm sure your taking every precaution now and more importantly your recovery from what I'm reading is going really well. So all good.

I also take supplements, vit C...magnesium and for decades I've taken vit D for bone health and the other benefits. My endocrinologist put me onto this and I've taken it always.

I had a dexa scan before surgery to check for osteoporosis and my bone density is excellent which I expected and my surgeon confirmed as well.

I've been out of sorts during the day sometimes. Recovery makes you feel every emotion and some days are better than others. Luckily we can come here and join in with others who really get it

Hope you have a restful sleep.
 
Ughhhhhhhhh. I will not sleep on my side, I will not sleep on my side ! Back sleeping is the worst. I’m so uncomfortable. Tylenol pm and wide awake. Ok that’s my rant.

Sorry you were struggling with sleep. I was too. I think I overdid it a bit yesterday. I ended up taking a Tramadol around 1am that helped. Not working at home as you are, so really taking it slow this morning.

Better sleep tonight for you @dnordo220
 
It’s a good thing I’m not a grumpy person from the lack of sleep.

Side note - today is my 30 year anniversary at work. 30 years. I tried to replicate a photo from 1993. But I didn’t nail it. lol check out the bangs and the computer. I’m thankful that I can work remotely while I’m healing.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hip #2 17 months later
    IMG_7239.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 59
@dnordo220 Congratulations on your 30 year work-aversary!! And, lol, that is an old computer in the first picture ... I remember those well. You may not have duplicated the bangs but you got the smile :)
 
Ughhhhhhhhh. I will not sleep on my side, I will not sleep on my side ! Back sleeping is the worst. I’m so uncomfortable. Tylenol pm and wide awake. Ok that’s my rant.
I feel this with my entire heart!
 
@Hotchocolate right? I just took Tylenol pm. And magnesium earlier. I’m putting my pillows together and I’m going to drift off to sleep. I can manifest this. I think I can, I think I can, get some solid sleep. lol
 
I hope it worked and you got some sleep! And at least we have a good excuse to take a nap when we're tired
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom