Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi, Yearly update

This is the worst time for sure. At this point you just want it OVER.
We all feel for you @mcopt Its hard to busy yourself also because you
are feeling so uncomfortable. Hope that putting up the curtain rod serves as a distraction
of sorts, albeit a short one. Sometimes burying ourselves in simple activity brings temporary relief.
I hope you find a lot of those moments today :console2:
 
Wishing you a tolerable week.
The month is half over...and by this time next month you will thankfully be on the recovery side.
(Oh my stars...I hope I don't jinx you)
I know how much time is been for you but I'm thinking that the delay did lead to change in procedure which will be a long term fix for this awful hip pain.
Wishing you some peace...:) :-) (:
 
Hi @mcopt
Thinking of you and praying the week doesn't feel insurmountable.
These last days can feel like they're dragging.
Wishing you many pleasant distractions and peaceful pain free moments.
Hoping you get through the week with relative ease.
 
@Mojo333 and @Layla thanks for your thoughts yeap half way through this month does seem to be going fairly quickly I seem to have developed a more accepting mindset not much more I can do now . Have been rearranging my work situation and am organising for locum cover to take the pressure off me a bit to get back too soon also trying to keep a distance more now as everyone seems to have colds or flu so going to cancel quite a few appointments. I am going to have to have another pre op I spoke to hospital today mainly bloods and swabs so waiting for appointment. My lovely neighbours have lent me a walker with a seat and shopping bag attached so no stopping me now it's parked up next to my Harley Davidson!! I know which I would rather be able to use , oh well hopefully in a few months . [Bonesmart.org] Hi, Yearly update
 
The Harley does look like more fun @mcopt! However, use the walker first. Riding should be back in your life before you know it.
 
Hahaha! @mcopt That is hilarious. Boys and their toys!
That silly old walker will soon be history and you'll be heading
down the highway, looking for adventure, just like the old song says.
Can't wait to see a pic of you on your ride rarin' to go! :hog:
It will be "oh so sweet"!

Best of luck in trying to stay quarantine and on your next pre-op. You're almost to the finish line :yay:
 
That image is not funny but your comment is.
Beautiful bike, by the way.
And a very good walker also but I have to admit the aids I used, walker, toilet chair, really bummed me out visually.
All Temporary! They are in my attic now.
Temporary and well worth the payoff.
You will be back to riding like Irish Joe in time!
 
Woo hoo, 2 weeks to go! Time to become a hermit (including staying away from your wife and daughter) or wear a hazmat suit. We want the third time to be the charm!
 
You HAVE had some runs of bad luck!
Good thing all that bad mojo is past so you're on track for an uneventful surgery and recovery.
Ive had some lingering cold thing...not flu...not terrible, but doesn't seem to want to move on. My nose is raw from blowing it...take medicine, no difference.
Been drinking piles of orange juice and trying to stay warm.
You ARE in quarantine...stay healthy.
 
Thanks. Really not horrible. But is rampant everywhere.
Almost all of the clients coming in the food bank are coughing and sniffling. The optics of me spraying behind them with industrial sized can of Lysol probably not good!:shrug:
 
Our local hospital is running out of rooms for patients. Am working our food pantry tonight and hope no one brings anything in.
 
@MammaT use plenty of hand sanitizer it's the droplet infection seems to pass it on .Stay healthy too much at stake now .
 
Oh @mcopt
You're such a trooper. I know you don't have a choice but you've kept
a great sense of humor through this all. That picture you posted is hysterical.
Can you imagine, lol!

I hope the next 13 days pass quickly for you. Pain seems to be at its worst this final lap so I'm sorry
for that. You've established a great cheering squad here who will see you to the finish line and beyond
as you recover. :egypdance: :yay:
Lucky you, you're loved from near and far (as much as we can love our virtual friends) :loveshwr:
A great evening to you!
 
Hi everyone Finding this forum was one of the best things I could have done . Only those of us who are going through or have gone through this hip process can really appreciate how much it affects your life in so many ways to have so many understanding friends here has made this journey tolerable for me as I am sure it has for many others . It has certainly helped me keep a positive attitude towards what is happening and to share my weird sense of humour . It's true laughter is the best medicine and to find time to have a laugh at times of adversity can be so helpful. Peace and love to all on BS around the world , thank goodness for the internet (well at least for this). :wave:
 
Back
Top Bottom