THR Hi, Yearly update

@mcopt and @crispy - your surgery day is an auspicious one. I was just reading that there will be a "super blue moon" and for those in some parts of North America and Asia, a "super blue blood moon" . Blue moon because 2nd full moon in a month, super moon because it's full on day moon reaches a perigree and is closest to Earth and blood moon if in area of lunar eclipse. The last super blue blood moon occurred in 1866. I'll take that as a good omen. Martin, with another surgery after this, let's not get in the habit of only having surgery "once in a blue moon!". :heehee:
 
Hi, well if I knew you better @Bevlah I would be making a comment that linked your photo with the post @SaraK has put about blue moons but I really am too polite to be that familiar :heehee:.Seriously though you do look rather swollen but I am sure that will soon go down still early days I think we underestimate the trauma our bodies have to go through at times like this, would just say if the swelling is hot and or tender might be good to get a medic to check it out . I do believe people pay a lot of money to have implants to look like KK but usually have both sides done! (sorry). Hope the recovery keeps going well for you hopefully all this hip trauma will soon be history for all of us. @BeBe you are right I should put my foot down got back home this evening and there were a few hints about putting a notice board up and fixing a light we moved exactly a year ago so there have been a lot of jobs to get done I wasn't too bad at first and I do quite enjoy some work around the house but over this year as my hips got worse it has got tougher and tougher :headbang: so with only a week to go I am going on strike :bignono: mind you there will be a huge list saved up for when I am hopefully back to normal, think I will fake it for a while !
 
Strike is good.
Hey ladies, make sure you don't derail mcopt thread with booty shots. Don't want Ms mcopt kicking him off his recovery tool.
Bevlah...normal stuff I've seen...enjoy your KK because I'm guessing that's short lived:heehee:
 
Last edited:
Right.:skep:
She probably is just happy you are distracted.
What approach are the using with you, mcopt?
 
Oh superpath, I remember.
 
Martin,

No need for you to count the days since we're doing it for you! By this time next week, you should be tucked up nicely in your room with little pain due to the cocktail in your hip, ice on your hip (would that make the hip cocktail "on the rocks?") and a pain killer cocktail running through your body! I'm waiting to see if your comments are even more uncensored and hilarious then (I'd never even made the connection between the photo of @Bevlah /KK's backside and the blue moon I mentioned until you said something). :rofsign:
 
You may not remember but long ago, when us gals were getting silly on my thread, you wondered what was getting into us and I told you you'd see once you got on the meds. Well, you're about to find out!
 
I turn my back for one day and we are going headfirst into booty shots, and hiding passwords!?!
@mcopt my advice? Better try to at least get one more picture hung before the end of the month...
just in case the mrs. does know your password :heehee:
 
Hi all been a bit distracted the past day or so (what a relief for you all !) my mum who is 85 and has vascular dementia and chronic heart failure was rushed into hospital on Wednesday night (uk) she is not well the heart condition is getting worse but I have just called the ward and she seems to have had a comfortable night and has stabilised she will be kept in for a few days before returning to her care home all being well. Its a bit of a dilemma for me as I would like to visit but being just 5 days away from my op I just don't want to take the risk of going into the hospital environment with all the potential risks of picking something up. I will keep a close watch on her via phone calls, obviously if she does go downhill I will go and see her, my sisters are travelling up this weekend to visit her so she will have family with her.
Just getting ready for my last (half) day at work not heard anything adverse back from Mondays bloods etc keeping busy with practical things to make sure things are all in order when I return home. Looking forward (in a strange way) to getting this done now. To entertain and distract me during recovery I have purchased a few models (no not that sort !!) in my youth I enjoyed making model aircraft so I have a few of those to build one will hopefully actually fly and is radio controlled so looking forward to taking my grandson across the fields by us and teaching him to fly it when I am mobile again, boys and their toys we never grow up !
 
@mcopt I am so sorry to hear about your mum Martin? I hope she is ok and don't feel bad about not visiting her, she would understand. It's good to have a hobby. I am going to knit a patchwork throw but haven't quite got round to it yet! Keep well over the weekend and I know what you mean about looking forward to it! I was even calm in the pre op because I had finally got there and there was no more stress! Might not be so keen on the next hip now I know what to expect but I am a wimp! Have a good relaxing weekend
 
Very sorry your mom is going through this...and you are so limited in what you can do.
Life does throw curve balls.
I think the model idea is splendid!
Your grandson will love that!
I don't have the attention span for fine detail any more...I was an engraver for 20 years - but I'm guessing with your profession you are.
Wishing you health and some peace.
Jodi
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your mom @mcopt. I agree staying away from hospital is best right now. Getting that hip fixed will put you in a better position to help her in the very near future.

The models sound like a good distraction.

I am also looking forward to surgery. Pain is increasing daily and I just want this hip gone. Good luck with final prep. Prayers for your mom.
 
@Mojo333 and @MammaT Thanks for your thoughts I know what you mean about pain getting worse everyday real bad left sided pain today I try not to analysis these just accept them and trust eventually most pains will go let's face it if it didn't hurt we wouldn't want it done .
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom