• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. Starting tomorrow August 6th at 8pm EST, the datacenter network team will implement scheduled maintenance as part of a large scale project to upgrade code on the switching platforms hosting our server. During the upgrade, we expect public and private connectivity may drop intermittently, over the timeframe of 15-20 minutes at most, while the switching platform is upgraded. During the upgrade, no customer impact is expected.

If you are unable to log in, please check back in an hour or so and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lounge Doctor

THR Hi, Yearly update

Berber7227

senior
Country
United States United States
Missed your earlier post! Was waiting for you on the other side! Just know you are in my thoughts, whine all you want, you deserve it!!!

Berber7227

senior
Country
I found heat helped with presurgery pain. Fingers crossed it works for you!

anny

graduate
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
So sorry for your anti-climax.....must be very disappointing! Treat yourself to something really nice (NSAIDs?....really??!), and hopefully by the time all the busyness of Christmas is over you'll be on the home straight. Cosset that cold and practice putting your feet up in preparation for post-op......with any luck it'll be the only chance you have to do it with such a good excuse :fingersx: :thumb:

SaraK

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@mcopt - checking in on my friends as I renew the icepack before going back to sleep. I saw your convo with danabanana and I'm glad the man flue has eased enough to let you off your deathbed to get outside with the dogs! Sounds like you have a pretty full calendar for the holidays - maybe the delay was intended to let you enjoy it more. Sounds like a wonderful blended family! Enjoy the day while I go back to snooze!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Have a restful weekend, mcopt.

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
31st Jan 2018 I have a new date not as soon as I would have liked but can plan now .Think I will hibernate all of January :sleeep: any suggestions for this bone on bone pain NSAIDS paracetamol codeine all no good has anyone tried tramadol ?

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
any suggestions for this bone on bone pain
Unfortunately no one has invented a drug yet that controls pre-op pain. For some medication dulls the pain but it never really takes it away.

The only thing I can suggest is to limit your activity for now. Avoid doing anything that aggravates that hip.

sequin98

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
For bone on bone I apply a magic bag, take a ton of tylenol, and tramadol.
The waiting is the hardest part. You can do this!

lucinda007

Country
Hi! Just stopped in to pre op and saw your post. I hope your nasty cold is gone. So sorry about that bone on bone pain. Ugh. No advise in that area except don’t do much....I know that’s difficult for you. Do you have any hand weights? Does a stationary bike hurt you? I will keep watch. Hopefully the time will go fast for you. Jan. 31!!
:merryx:

anny

graduate
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
sorry that you're having to wait so long @mcopt ......hopefully Christmas and NY will make some of the time go faster! I no longer take meds so I can't suggest anything (it seems to be the same whether I take them or not, so decided there's no point ) but sometimes heat/cold works. I find it's not always the same every time....I have to try both and see what works for that moment. Sometimes a gentle walk round relieves it, sometimes putting my feet up....it really is all guesswork, isn't it....no wonder everyone piles onto the cancellation lists :beg:

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
Thanks just grasping at straws really as far as pre op medications go @lucinda007 yeah I have just started using my spin bike again I seem fairly comfy whilst on it managed 30 mins, next day was a bit rough but did ease later. I think it is important to keep moving I don't think I will do much more damage to my hips over the next few weeks by exercising and I do want to get myself in the best possible condition pre op as it may help with recovery I do have free weights and an arm cycle to work upper body so going to try and get working out as much as possible. I think the natural endorphins from exercise help with the pain a bit

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
@anny totally agree it is guesswork just doesn't seem to be any particular pattern to the pain as to what causes it or what helps seems more thinks cause than help though only solution is to get the surgery hope you are coping ok as still a while to wait for you :sad:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Hi again @mcopt (on your own thread)
January 31st - Yay! Bet it can't come fast enough.
Sorry about the nasty bone on bone pain. I didn't take much because I'm super stubborn and
don't like NSAID's. It's a personal thing I guesss. Sometimes I'd move the wrong way though
and felt I yelped like a dog. I know you can relate. Wish I could blink it away for you, truly!

I hope you can get enough relief over the holidays to enjoy yourself. I recall last year being miserable.
It was no fun. Try heat if you haven't already. I used to use the heating pad it in bed at night before falling asleep.

I feel for you, the final lap is miserable. So sorry.
Wishing you a comfortable evening and a :merry christmas: You know 2018 will be good!!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Kept a heating pad on hip and lower back for 6 months...hot hot hot.
Not sure it helped that much, but no drugs touched my pain.
Heat was a comfort though.
Glad it will be over for you soon, @mcopt.:window:

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Have a good weekend and Merry Christmas, @mcopt.
:box:

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
I have just started using my spin bike again I seem fairly comfy whilst on it managed 30 mins, next day was a bit rough but did ease later.
In my experience any type of biking aggravated my bone on bone hip. No, you won't do more damage to your hip but this will bring on the pain.

Focus on upper body strength for now. It really comes in handy in the first days post op.

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
Hi @Jaycey I am trying to balance exercise by using a hand cycle for top as well I must admit a few months ago the spin bike seemed impossible but for some reason I feel quite comfy on it now I don't think I am any worse after using it and I do enjoy it , it makes me feel a bit normal for a while . The pain is fairly constant now whatever I seem to do probably just learning to accept it won't know what to do when hopefully it is finally gone ! Best wishes for the Christmas holidays.

MammaT

supremo
Country
I think we do get to the point @mcopt where we accept the pain (at least the base leve) and don’t realize how bad it is until it’s gone. I’m like you, doing what I need to do and what makes me feel normal. :merryx:

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
won't know what to do when hopefully it is finally gone !
There is no "hopefully" - it will be gone from the minute your surgeon is done. That first step is amazing! Sure there is soreness from the op - but no more bone on bone pain.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
swing dancer
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom