THR Hi, Yearly update

12, 11, 10, 9 :whistle: Bah! Who's counting anyway...

Hope your weekend brings some pleasant distractions and your pain is bearable.
The end is in sight :yes!:
@mcopt
 
I thought about you today, Martin, as I was at opthalmologist's office. I disclosed upfront that I still had residual cough from cold and asked if they had concerns or wanted me to wear a mask. They laughed it off and said if I didn't cough on them, I might be the first patient this week that didn't. At my internist's before that, I'd put on one of the masks because the sign said to do so if you had a cough, runny nose, etc. The nurse asked why I had it on and then told me there was no need for me to wear it - she said they were primarily trying to get people who had or might have the flu to use them but very few did unless they forced the issue. No wonder these viruses spread like wildfire! Stay well! Sara
 
Just saw the pic of your 2 means of transport.
I can assure you that you will get back on the bike.
Best Wishes on the upcoming surgery.
Joe.....
 
@mcopt hi Martin just catching up with you as your surgery is imminent!!! I am now 10 days post op and can't believe how quickly those days have gone! Thank you to your support over cutfootgate.... It turned out it was nothing to worry about but you know only too well what its like having surgery cancelled as well as me. It's heartbreaking. Anyway I just wanted you to know that I am on the other side and you will too which is very exciting! And I am counting the days for you and hoping you stay cold free!
 
Hi @Bevlah thanks for your post, 10 well nearly 9 days to go getting paranoid about everything now that could postpone again ! Have seen your recovery posts glad things are starting to settle for you now this thing seems to take time and patience. I have my second pre op tommorow just MRSA swabs and bloods as previous out of date now still going into work but am very selective about who I see turned a guy away the other day who came in saying he had a chest virus and kids are a no no only a couple of days to go now. Spending time making sure practical things done so home is ready for when I come out, let's hope it's green lights this time. Hope your recovery carries on well.
All the best Martin
 
@mcopt hi Martin. I feel for you I really do. I went into work on the Monday that my op was booked for the Thursday and someone came in with a cold, I literally said I am off, I will take these 3 days as holiday and went home! Like you say you are getting the house ready. I found that I thought I had done that but didn't quite realise how debilitating it would be. My top tip would be to get a bed guard! I saw a post from someone who did so I got one and it was fitted last night. BEST thing ever!! I am so stiff in the morning I really struggle getting out of bed so this is something I can hold on to and haul myself out! You really do have to change your mindset that you are basically 90 years old now! Good luck fighting off those germs. Bev
 
@Bevlah Hi Bev sounds a good idea about bed guard think I know type you mean my dad had one when he was ill . Think I am in that 90 year old mindset already just been for second pre op for blood water and swabs came hobbling out of the consulting room to meet my wife who was in a fit of laughter there was me on 2 crutches with my flys wide open :old: staggering back for the whole world to see good job they didn't do blood pressure. Reminded me of a 90 ish year old chap who stood up in reception at work to leave and his trousers fell to his ankles yeap I really do feel 90 !! Saying that the other half now wants me to take a door off the boiler room and put up some shelving I think my hips have just started hurting even more I can hear Dickinsons real deal calling me instead . Cheers Martin
 
Hi @mcopt
My heart continues to go out to you in your longsuffering. Your journey
feels like FOREVER to me, I can only try to imagine how you must feel.
At least now you can say "next week" I'm having surgery. I just want it to be over for you, Martin.

And through it all you keep your great sense of humor. A fine example of grace under fire.
I pray the remaining days fly by.

Wishing you a week of tolerable pain, comfort and peace as you wait out the final days until
surgery.
 
@mcopt hey martin ha ha I love your wife! That's a typical woman getting the jobs in before she knows you won't be able to do any. That poor nurse though I bet she didn't know where to look when she was taking your vitals! Did you pass the test again? I do think that putting up shelves you may be in danger of cutting yourself so that's a no! We can't bear it if you get cancelled again. Dickinson's real deal is a much safer bet
 
@mcopt . We have only a bit to go till Jan 31. You have had quite the journey. I have been reading your posts because I am hoping to avoid something similar. I dont think I could have anywhere near the patience and good humor that you have had. Almost there.
 
@crispy yeah not long now good luck with your pre op tommorow and keep clear of the bugs I asked about having both done at same time like you were thinking about but my surgeon wasn't happy prefers to wait 6 weeks so will go with his advice obviously. Looking forward to comparing recovery notes, take care. Ps have been told to stay well hydrated now helps a lot apparently so get drinking ! Water only please :beer:
 
@Bevlah managed to get the door off had to get in rather strange positions with electric screwdriver to reach low hinge and wedge door with crutch ! but no shelves ,went back to real deal. Its a whole new world this daytime TV can't believe what goes on on Jeremy Kyle!! No more diy now must stay in one piece before surgeon does his diy on me !Hope everything going the right way for you now.:SUNsmile:
 
@mcopt
"Honey do" list at this late date!!? Yes I have things for my DH to do before MY surgery !! I instructed him on a bit of attic cleaning this past weekend...

My OS also said he prefers a 6 wk interval, he used to do bilateral but did not see a real saving benefit as people take the same time to recouperate regardless and the increase in risks was not worth it to him. My other hip is really clamooring for attention the past few weeks so I will be looking at the second surgery asap.

Take it easy the next few days...
 
@mcopt your posts do make me larf..... Seriously Jeremy Kyle?? I have no idea why these people go on there but it does make good TV! I am doing really great now 12 days post op! Feel better in myself and shock horror even slapped some make up on today. The operated leg is still stiff, numb and swollen but I keep elevating and icing so hope this goes down soon. My bottom on the operated side looks like one of Kim Kardashians cheeks?? Is this normal does anyone know? I am very lop sided and when I sit down I have to prop up my left side as I roll to the left......all in the day of a post op THR eh??
 
@Bevlah I had one very swollen spot at the "butt" end of my incision that stuck out quite a bit. My hubby said it looked like I had a tennis ball down my pants. It was also the most bruised spot. It took a good couple of weeks for that to go down with lots of icing on it.
 
@jaydub63 thanks for your reply. See pic below, it's more like a melon than a tennis ball!!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hi, Yearly update
    IMG-20180122-WA0007.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 216

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom