THR Hi, Yearly update

@mcopt I know with that hip pain, time must seem to drag on...but it is coming. Three weeks and some i guess?
I have finally succumbed to a horrid cold I put off to being sinus issues...and the southern US has gotten cold they don't often see...so I can't seem to shake it!
If you have to, quarantine yourself - we don't want ANY delays this time.
When do they have you set up for pre-op, or will they contact you?
Can't wait until I finally see that wonderful ski picture on the recovery side.:happydance:
 
Hi @Mojo333 heard about your freak weather:snow plough: you will have to swop your ATV for a snowmobile ! I think the whole world has a cold at the moment hope you feel better soon at least it's not 'man' flu now that is really bad:dead:also hope your leg is better no more Evel Knievel stunts please. 3 weeks 4 days just hoping and praying I don't go down with this flu our Australian friends seem to be send around DO NOT want any more delays just want to be on recovery side. Can't believe that ski photo was only 2 years ago it was the first time my daughter Giorgia (the Italian version) had skiied she took to it well so really want to be able to take her again in the future I was starting to struggle a bit then but nothing serious couldn't put boots or skis on now just shows how quick hips go bad. Take care :SUNsmile:
 
You deserve the best year. Glad to see you around the recovery folk.
Hope you are taking notes...keeping it slow those first months is going to kick off your recovery in a great way. Since you are healthy and strong, this will be only a short lesson in patience and then look out.
Mcopt - back to happy life!!!
 
The final countdown @mcopt .....only 25 days to go.
Let's put you in quarantine so you don't catch that nasty flu you mentioned.
I have a good feeling it will be a "go" this time. I mean what are the chances of
another delay :tantrum2:
Hope these last few weeks fly for you. Want to see you on the bright side.
It's tiring coming all the way over to this side to visit you :rotfl:
Wishing you lots of comfort as you await the 31st!
 
Yes @mcopt don’t go getting no more colds or flu because we’re looking forward to greeting you on the other side.
My surgery was delayed by two tooth abscesses, then one week prior to new date I caught a cold. I didn’t ring the hospital, but confessed to the anaesthetist when I arrived, that I was day 8 of a cold and he patted me kindly on the shoulder and said, “listen, it takes 9 weeks for a cold too completely disappear from the respiratory system. If we waited that length of time with every patient who has had a cold, we would be twiddling our thumbs for the whole of the Winter”. So if he was happy, then so was I.

So fingers crossed for your new date and don’t get any other wounds either.
 
@mcopt - haven't seen your name pop up much in last few days. Have you already gone into the protective bubble and we're you concerned your phone might have too many germs? Hope you're keeping well and staying out of trouble!
 
21, 20, 19...meh, who's counting :whistle:

You've got this... @mcopt The final lap is the worst :console2:
BUT....you have all of us cheering you on from the stands :thumb: :yay: :ok:
Hang on, brighter days are on the way.
Wishing you comfort this weekend.
 
Hi @Layla @SaraK and all others 19 days and counting down fortunately I need to be at the hospital at 7am this time previously it would have been midday so much better getting started early rather than sitting around waiting. I sent email to OS today to see if he would consider doing both at once or even doing second sooner than 6 weeks later not heard yet. The hips seem to be getting worse almost on a daily basis now I have started using 2 crutches to walk any further than a few feet feeling good in myself but the pain and disability soon gets to you and you end up feeling tired and worn out in a strange sort of way still working but only seeing about a third of my usual list as with the pain it is mentally draining . Sleeping a bit better have reduced caffeine intake and not one glass of wine etc since 1st Jan have also read an article that recommends making sure you are taking a probiotic in the form of live yoghurt or milk type drink apparently it can help reduce the chance of post op infections , the antibiotics used during surgery can deplete your normal 'good' bacteria leading to a reduced immunity, useful to know, Trying to keep patient and keep a stiff upper lip . Wishing all a good weekend.
 
Martin, So many of us have been where you are now - it's OK if you let that stiff upper lip quiver on this site! Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and you get on the path to recovery soon!
 
Hang in there... Not long now... Sorry to hear the hips are getting worse daily...
 
Oh @mcopt, sorry for the daily increase of pain. That is all to familiar to many of us. That’s why I am trying to “beat the clock.” I don’t have your level of pain yet with right hip, but my left had me in daily tears. I tried to keep the stiff upper lip at work but at home, I didn’t bother! At least you are sleeping a bit. Not much longer-you can do this!
 
I'm in agreement on the early start. I lucked out with that also @mcopt
I feel sorry for those who have to wait until afternoon to show up. That would have been put me in a twist consequently driving hubby nuts :gaah:

I'm sorry for the pain you're suffering, it does have a way of taking over and interfering with most everything.
Hoping you hear from the OS soon. Keep us posted on his opinion on your bi-lateral inquiry.

From my understanding through what I've read and heard you're wise to add the natural pro-biotics
or take in the form of a supplement.

Prayers for pain relief, patience and peace of mind as you wait out these final days?
 
Hey @mcopt. I remember that never ending chronic pain...it makes you so depressed and weary.
I swear I didn't sleep over an hour at a time for a year.
I really do understand, and sympathize.
Hope they might consider bilateral...you would do well I think as you are healthy save those blasted hips!
Much sympathy!
 
@mcopt
I'm wishing you a quiet weekend with the pain kept to a minimum!
We are on a similar journey as my surgery was cancelled Oct 25 and Nov 15 due to bronchitis and I am
Finally scheduled Feb 2 for the right with a different OS than the previous. New one is a SuperPath OS. He does not advocate bilateral, (I asked for that too) says he used to do them when he did anterior but now feels staged SuperPath has a less involved outcome. Easier on pts.
I am not able to take Aleve anymore due to GERD and Tylenol is not as beneficial for me. So I get the pain thing.
Just trying to get thru the days...just a couple behind you!
I'm rooting for you!
 
@BeBe It's good to know we are not alone in this , yes very similar journeys my original plan was bilateral resurfacing and I was booked for end of November long story but due to OS cancelling and me having second thoughts about resurfacing I re booked for 14th Dec for superpath subsequently cancelled due to heavy cold . Let's hope it's 3rd time lucky for both of us this waiting business as pain gets worse is not good is it. I don't think OS will do both together but will see if he can do second earlier than 6 weeks. Like you not taking any meds as nothing works. Wishing you as best a weekend as possible.We must compare notes as we go through this .
All the best Martin
 
Bit of a reprieve today last night I thought that was it... wheelchair until hips replaced but better this morning obviously not pain free but gone from a 9 to a manageable 6ish. downside I have been talked into putting up a curtain pole then off to buy a Fitbit to help get going again after op(s). It will be up and down now for a while I suppose. :good-bad:
 
Hi mcopt. I'm glad it is not excruciating...but you are probably right. Its just past time!
I'm going to have a Finally! Party for you when you get this done.

I should tell you to hide that fitbit for the first weeks as your hip is going to feel so much better...I worry you will be overly ambitious.
Don't make me get on to you, now.:no-fin:
 
If a wheelchair gets you down to a manageable 6, then use it. I know none of us like some of the aids, but hopefully it helps get you to the 31.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom