THR Hi, Yearly update

@Mojo333 don't worry plan to do some beach time as well bit of jet skiing and windsurfing thrown in for good measure :snork: @Jackie222 Never been to Kefalonia Mrs M went with her ex in the past it is a lovely island just trying to think of the name of the film that was filmed there bet you can't wait
 
Thanks to google...
Mamma Mia!
Lara Croft Tomb raider
Which one are you going to admit to?
 
Glad return has gone so well @mcopt. You earned a positive experience. Imagine how great it will be to get both hips right. Good luck with physio.
 
@Mojo333 they may have been but the one I was thinking of was something like Mandolin or something :shrug: lovely place in fact I nearly went there had flights booked but long complicated story Mrs M and ex etc etc been a colourful life at times :wink:
 
Best laid plans...I know that's right.
I would've never thought I would be doing what I am doing now... wasn't my life's plan.
And having hips replaced certainly went on the itinerary either.
But we are the sum of our experiences right.
Think I'm the better because of it.
I am certainly more empathetic for others struggles.
Well off to herd cats....that would be my helpers...help being a relative term.:heehee:
Have a great day !
 
POW? For a minute there is was getting worried you were starting to take prisoners (and I'm still waiting for your revenge)! :loll:

Seriously, glad you're able to ease back into work and are doing so well. Now to get your other side fixed so that you can start working on your growing bucket list!
 
@Jackie222 that's the one !! never seen it though. Another quick name test for you you mentioned Shustoke some time ago do you by any chance recall Phil and Margaret Shaw they had a daughter called Mary they have lived there for quite some time.
 
Yes I knew them very well. Mary was a bit older than me. They were very involved in our church St Cuthberts
Margaret has passed away, Phil is living in one of the Alms houses in Coleshill. Not sure what Mary is upto, she was quite poorly awhile back
 
Last edited:
Maybe you just don't have the power @mcopt so the emoji is invisible to you! I know I'm just quaking in my boots! :heehee:

So, I guess in addition to the chocolate emoji some of us have requested, we also need one for superhero powers?
 
@mcopt
Great update a few posts back (gotta beat these girls off with a stick here)
I am in awe of your recovery and want to be just like you when I finally get the surgery.
I know I know no comparisons but hey cut me some slack here...

Are you primarily using your cane for your bad hip now? Just curious.
Did your hips change for the worse in the past couple months? I think you were using the canes
prior to your surgery. Again just curious.

So happy you are doing well and also glad to hear you are forging ahead with no reservations
on the next hip.
And with the post-hippy plans. Hey I might not climb that mountain with you but wouldnt mind a
BoneSmart hippy cruise to send you all off on your mountain adventure.
 
Congratulations, @mcopt for being back at work at POW!!3. Even I didn't do that. I went back to work at POW7, and even then, my colleagues wouldn't believe I would go back full-time. I work at a German authority and the policy is 12 weeks off work and a phased-in return to work (as is also recommended by Bonesmart, by the way). How do you feel about getting up early. I find that hard even now that my hip is fit. We were talking about spring early on - not quite there yet. It's below freezing near Frankfurt and will remain like that at least for another week. I hope it's warmer in your part of the UK - take care! Constanze
 
Hi Martin,
It sounds like you've adjusted to work comfortably.
Interesting how colleagues have noticed the physical change in you losing a lot of the pain you were suffering.
Wonderful that you're sleeping better now also. It's amazing how sound sleep does a body good!!

It warms my heart to hear you enjoying the simple pleasures in nature like the birds singing in the early
morning. This surgery does give you a new lease on life. I still recall walking into the grocery store
one early morning about a month into my recovery. The sky was blue, the birds were chirping it was sunny and beautiful and all felt right with the world. I had a thankful heart and my pain was gone! It was like a natural high and I told myself to sear that moment into my memory, never to be forgotten.
God is good, life is great!
Hugs and a great rest of the week to you!
@mcopt
 
@Layla I have always loved being in touch with nature for as long as I can remember now I would be up early mornings walking my dogs in the countryside regardless of the weather every season and type of weather has its own natural beauty. As my hip issues progressed the walks got less and shorter starting up in the mornings became difficult and painfull it was probably about a year ago it really impacted on my life I would walk but it became so painful eventually I had to stop, this is when it really impacts on your life all day to day tasks became an uphill struggle I went on antidepressants for a while have stopped those now but I think as everyone who has gone through this knows its not just a pain in the hip its life changing pain and unless you have been through this you can't appreciate what its like. I know I am not out of the woods and there are still challenges ahead but the change in having just one fixed is immense more so its the fact that hope within me has been rekindled .
 
@mcopt and so say all of us!!! You hit the nail on the head there my friend, hip pain wrecks your life - fact - it's gradual that you stop doing the things that you love doing but they do stop. Partners don't get it that's why this site is so good because we all get it! It sounds to me like this is massively life changing for you which is wonderful and Mrs m must be so happy to have her man back. I am not feeling the love yet for my op and any life improvement but sure I will get there! My other hip is shouting from the roof tops and reminding me OA pain is worse! Have a good day
 
An attentive eye....I have always had this quote memorized for some reason it stays with me...

I have always loved being in touch with nature for as long as I can remember now I would be up early mornings walking my dogs in the countryside regardless of the weather every season and type of weather

To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which shall never be seen again. RWE
 
Suffering OA pain steals our joy! Plain and simple. It's hard to remain optimistic when you're
feeling unwell physically and subsequently emotionally.
I'm glad you're feeling so much better after your first THR.
Just imagine how you'll feel by Summer. So happy for you! @mcopt
Enjoy the weekend!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom