THR Hi, Yearly update

Great update, Martin! Try to fit in some time to stretch or walk a few minutes each hour at work tomorrow and don't be surprised to be exhausted at the end of the day. Sometimes I just felt like I hit a wall. It does get better, though.

I just wish your other hip would let you enjoy this one some but am glad you're able to get back to some part of normal now. I'll keep my fingers and eyes crossed that the other one doesn't cause too many problems!
 
I'll bet she hit the wall on Monday's, Martin
Too much of this over the weekend :happyfeet: :martini:

:heehee: :wink:
 
Especially that first Monday. Yes, there'd been :happyfeet:that Friday (6 days post op) and :happyfeet:that Saturday (heck. If I had to go back to work, I should be able to have some fun), but working a full day so soon after surgery was exhausting. I did start hitting my stride by the end of the week, though.
 
@mcopt - Hi Martin, Good luck with your first day back at work.
To @SaraK - Many thanks for using German - Herbst. Me and one Austrian chap I remember, are the only native German speakers who post in Bonesmart. But I prefer another word at the moment - Frühlingsgefühle - perhaps the most beautiful word in our language - but that will have to wait another month - it literally translates: "spring feelings". But I can't wait. I'm freezing. Best wishes to everybody.
 
Hi there,
Hope your time at work today is running smoothly.
Wish you could enjoy the full benefits without your other hip nagging you.
Have a relaxing evening and a peaceful week!
@mcopt
 
@mcopt back at work really?!???!! I had my boss around today to talk about phase return this Friday but to be honest I am seeing the doc tomorrow and may get signed off for at least another week! Still can't drive as I can't even lift my leg without pain..... You are a very lucky man Martin!!! Very jealous
 
Helloooooo! You're not allowed to go back to work and not drop in to let us know you survived your first day back! Let us know you're still alive and didn't fall asleep in the middle of any eye exams!
 
Hope you are doing well. I'm guessing that post op energy drain is kicking in. I know mine did when I went back to work.
When I got home, stick a fork in me...I was done. Icing and elevating.
That's what you are doing, right?
:ice:
 
Can't believe its POW !!3 (thats post op week 3 credit to @bruce1984 and Batman comics !). Sorry slow in getting back but first day back at work was a bit of a non event only saw 3 people then caught up with paperwork emails etc yesterday (Tuesday) was busier but have left time between appointments to take a break. What amazes me though is the comparison of how I was coping pre op compared to how so much better I am now even with just one leg done colleagues said I looked 'grey' from the pain before (perhaps even 50 shades of ) !! :blush: I Do feel I have a lot more energy now I was expecting to feel shattered when I got home but really didn't feel that bad I think it helps that I am sleeping better now . I have to say without tempting fate the new leg so far feels great occasional dull ache perhaps if I have been in one position for too long like the car but overall not feeling I have to ice it and will only take a couple of paracetamol very occasionally. I do sympathise though with all those that have gone through surgery and are finding it slow to get releif from pain .
All dressings off now scar seems to have healed well I can't believe what has gone on under such a small scar avert your eyes ladies I will try and post a picture on the scar page if I can get my angles right :heehee:.
@Constanze I love that word it is that time of year when you begin to feel spring is about to happen I love early mornings and to start to have lighter mornings and hear the birds singing really does start to fill you with hope for better times ahead :SUNsmile:
Today no work but have first physio appointment biggest issue I have apart from the left leg is confidence in how mich I can or should be moving the new leg hopefully they should be able to give advice on this I am then going to rejoin my gym I am hoping that I will be able to get back in the pool not to swim yet (only do breaststroke can't do crawl) but to walk in the water as I think it will balance my 2 legs better and improve my pisture and gait . Will keep you updated on that. Sending positive vibes to all hippies out there :wave:
 
Glad that your return to work went well. Hope your physio appointment goes well.

I must admit I still ice and find it very beneficial. I’m not on any pain killers. I think it has really helped with internal swelling and as a preventative both in the morning when I get up and after any exercise, especially after a day working at the farm (very physical). I truly think that it’s helped get me to where I am.

I hoping that the continued increasing strength in my right hip will keep the left hip replacement at bay for at least the 2 years my OS has forecast
 
@Jackie222 Hi hope you are good. That is a good point you have made, whilst I am not using ice it may be that as I increase what I am doing physically it will be beneficial even if there is no pain so will make sure I have some at the ready. Don't think my left will last 2 years would gladly have it done tomorrow !
Cheers
Martin
 
Great update Martin.
So happy all has gone so well.
You will be better than great when the 2nd time around comes around.
Sleep definitely changes your outlook.
Maybe that's why I was so worn out as full night's sleep was elusive for months after surgery for me also.
Super happy for you.. onward and upward.:yahoo:
 
Just taking a break from ironing a few shirts actually quite enjoy ironing :shrug: only thing that is slowing me down is this old left leg mind you and @Mojo333 will probably agree thats not a bad thing it will keep me good until May. Have been doing some research on the Kilimanjaro climb it really does look awesome definite bucket list entry would also love to go to Antarctica no lack of ice there :ice:things start to get a bit dangerous when I begin to get some energy back :running:
 
:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Or you could SIT on a beach. WALK in the sand...FLOAT in the water.:hairpulling:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom