THR Hi, Yearly update

Hi @mcopt
Hoping you had a good first week back to work.
I know the bad hip is throwing a monkey wrench into things.
Now you have a taste of how great you'll be feeling by the end of May.
It's going to be a Summer worth remembering, a new birth of sorts. I'm happy for you!
Hope your weekend is wonderful.
 
Yay for the weekend!
I'll bet you're out pubbing it up :cheers: :happydance:
That's alright, we know we're easy to forget. Dropped us like a hot potato! :rotfl:
We're a loyal, patient bunch though so we'll be here waiting for an update when you can squeeze us in.

Kidding aside....I hope you are out living life and having fun.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
@mcopt
 
Nothing too exciting this weekend daughter( 10yo) has a sickness bug so all staying in hopefully just a 24hr thing they have all had the week off school this week so due back Monday . Just been catching up on a few little jobs Mrs M in her furniture moving mode so have kept out the way in the garage setting up some gym equipment and polishing my motorcycles bit of a dilemma the physio said to avoid riding bikes for around 6 months as the action of getting your leg over (excuse me :blush:) to get on the bike could lead to dislocation and I dont want that thank you:bignono: so that takes me to November when the weather is bad and I am only a fair weather rider nowadays so might decide to sell them and reconsider next year. I am getting a little more aching in new leg at times think I may have done a bit too much in garage also aches after I have been in the car doesn't help that I am quite awkward still because of the old leg will probably start icing but overall its going really well going but roll on May we have just booked to go away to Cornwall in August with older step son and partner and grand kids so hoping I will be running along the beach with them by then I need to get in training for my Kilimanjaro climb looking at late 2019 for that so not too much of the :cheers::beer: more of the:treadmill:and:upright:hope everyone having a good weekend.
 
There's always next year..hate to see you sell your beautiful Harley:sad:
Hope your daughter is feeling better. I played nurse to mine yesterday and she is 21. It was such a beautiful day and we ended up at the ER for most of it. She's okay and healing but today has got to be ME time. It is supposed to be unseasonably warm but chill back down before next weekend so I've got to get in some Vitamin D therapy and some outside!
Sounds like all in all you are doing well. I know you aren't a fan, but icing some might ease that soreness.
Wishing you well:SUNsmile:
 
Hi @mcopt
I hope your daughter is feeling better and the rest of your family managed to stay well.

Would hate to see you sell your cycle also since you seem to have such a love for it.
Sadly...time seems to fly as we age and Spring / Summer 2019 will be here in a blink.
Then you'll be climbing Kilimanjaro :climb: < With NONE of that!!!! :heehee:

Guessing you are a little sore from overdoing in the garage but it's hard to sit still when
we're feeling so much better. I hope your Sunday is going well and your week is great!
 
I can't believe I am saying this.... Don't sell your bike! I beat around the bush about it in my last post. My oldest daughter has a Harley, my youngest worked at a Harley store. I am :chuckmarch:but I see there's nothing like a HD
 
:scary:Hi still around ! Waiting for the apocalypse that the press are describing as the 'Beast from the east' here in the UK in other words we are going to have a little cold weather and a couple of inches of snow !! Talk about exaggeration it is winter after all we just can't seem to cope here . Rant over ! Right good left bad but just need to be patient until may am rejoining my gym from 1st of March so hoping to get into pool to do plenty of walking in the water I find this is kinder on my bad side and should allow me to build up my leg muscles in a gentle way and improve posture and gait I contacted OS office and they say pool ok if wound healed which it is. Will also get working on upper body strength got to get in shape for the summer :walking:and fit for next op. Getting back into the swing of working again must admit it feels better to be doing something again although I am keeping my times down late start and early finish the advantages of working for yourself! Daughter recovered from bug next morning she was back to normal just one of these 24 hour things . Well only 2 more days of blood thinning shots left won't know what to do every evening at 6 still got stockings on got fed up with them one night and was brave enough to take them off but seem to be quite attatched to them now I was told 6 weeks but might start just wearing them during the day as I stand quite a bit at work any thoughts on this anyone ? Might decide to keep the Harley the garage would look empty without it I am sure I should be able to throw a leg over it without breaking everything if I am careful .Hope all well and having a good week so far :wave:
 
You like your TEDS...oh my stars.
Glad all seems to be going well.
Bet your patients are happy and surprised you are back so soon.
Hope your week is wonderful and that you dodge that bad weather.
 
@mcopt ditch the blooming things!!! I did after 5 weeks and it was such a relief!! The beast has bitten our butt down here in plymuff ( I can spell that's just how the locals pronounce it!) Still not driving so someone dropped me home and a 5 min journey took over an hour and he had to abandon the car and walk me to my house. Must admit I was very scared I would fall as I am a clumsy clutz and that really is all I need right now! In safe and back with my builder........ Good luck with your swimming
:friends:
 
You never know @Bevlah if it snows enough down there your builder may get trapped and not be able to get out, you must be having a lot of work done on your utility :eyebrows:. We really haven't seen much snow yet in the West Mids been hoping so I can try my 4x4 out and no :bignono:don't go falling after all you have been through. Not going to do much swimming the plan is to walk in the water to balance both legs to improve my gait and posture I can only do breast stroke and if I tried that I think there would be a big pop from my new hip :flabber:.

I am quite attached to my TEDs now @Mojo333 going on Amazon to see if I can find some trendy ones think they could become part of my wardrobe now.
@AgilityDog its not going to be easy selling the Harley so I am going to fit a lower single seat and just carefully see how I get on with it I also have a Royal Enfield and that is higher to get on so I think that will have to go, have had bikes since I was 14 used to race moto cross and all sorts of mad things no wonder my hips have had it now .
Hope all well :SUNsmile:
 
Beast of the East :rotfl: That's funny!
I'm sorry you're still struggling with the left hip. May 11th does feel far off but we all know how time
flies. Will be so happy for you to be done with this.
It's good you're taking it easy with work. Hate to see you wear yourself out. That bum hip is stress enough.
It's exhausting dragging the uncooperative thing around. At least I felt that way. I felt like a crabby girl version of me was always lying right under the surface looking for a reason to come out :tantrum2::tantrum::hairpulling::gaah: Hahaha!

Good to hear your daughter recovered quickly. Even better you didn't catch it. :mcoffee: < not a good look.

I had to wear the TEDS until my 3 week post op. Twenty hours out of every twenty four hours. I loved those four hours of freedom and often stretched it. At two weeks post op my surgeons, physician assistant, told me he'd be happy if I wore them half the time.

I feel like I just read doing the breast stroke is not advised after THR. Anyone else read / hear that?

I hate to see you give up you Harley if it's a love of yours. Hopefully you figure something out so it will work for you.

Hugs and warm wishes for a great rest of the week!
@mcopt
 
Hi @Layla just taking things day at a time its certainly not as bad as when both were bad and the big thing I have now is hope, I know these hips can be fixed the right at only 4 weeks post op feels good some aching but nothing like before so just going to be patient and do what I can for now and I am sure time will pass and all being well the left will be fixed just like the right. Certainly won't be doing breast stroke that is a big no no after THR just walking up and down the pool with some gentle stretches and lunges perhaps try a few high dives from the top board NOT :heehee: . Wishing you a great week ahead :yes:
 
Almost a week since we had an update. Just checking to see how New Hip -and bad hip is holding up.
Getting back to work wore me out.
Hoping all is well with you.
 
Hi @Mojo333 you beat me to it going to do a 5 (nearly) week update little later. Thanks for asking :ok:
 
Hey Mr....don't you go slinking away quite yet :no-fin:
You still need our nagging, cajoling, cheering, love and concern while
you have one uncooperative hip trying to make it to the finish line. :bicycle2:
I mean C'mon....how would you ever made it without the MM's? :shrug:

We miss you, thinking about you.....waiting for the update :bored:
@mcopt
 
How like a man! @mcopt tells us he'll call (post an update) a little later but leaves us sitting by the phone (forum) waiting for the call (post) that never comes.:shrug:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom