THR Hi, Yearly update

Well hear goes .......just as you think things are going well bang :hairpulling:
At work yesterday with last patient and receptionist comes running upstairs Mrs M on phone big time panic we have had a break in at home 3 pm in the afternoon! She was on route to fetch little M from school when she had a phone call from neighbour to cut a very long story short 3 ars.h.l.s in hoddies tried to kick in front door but ended up breaking locks on side door dogs were in the garden as weather was good they raided house smashing 2 TV'S and a laptop didn't bother taking them ! They ended up stealing spare keys for cars and Harley 2 decent watches some jewellery and cash emptied drawers and wardrobes etc real mess their car was caught on cctv but was on false plates they even had the cheek to come driving past whilst police were with us obviously looking to take cars then again about 10.30 at night I had blocked cars in with a neighbours car . So not much sleep last night , today spent phoning insurance etc having locks changed as they took all spare house keys have had to arrange for cars to be taken away to secure storage and have locks changed as they are not insured if you don't have both sets of keys apparently so if they had taken cars no pay out ! Insurance have arranged rentals, house now bit straighter and cleaned up now the fight with the home insurance to replace stuff . So anyway my 5 week recovery report new leg good old leg bad thats it for now as I need a drink now :martini: Was going to give a bit more hip info but I am sure you will let me off will post again v soon honest :mcoffee:
 
I actually worked in an independent insurance agency. Once upon a time.... In that State you could add replacement cost (so to speak) to many things.... like your TV's. I don't understand about needing both keys to have the cars re-keyed. In the US, laws are different from State to State. Part of 'why' the costs of insurance coverage differs. I was not licensed for healthcare insurance, so I only know what I learned working in Healthcare in the Paperwork area, mostly. (I know that's very general info. I am not an expert. I only know a tip of the iceberg. Now back to your regularly scheduled entertainment)

I hope you put the HD in a locked room inside the house. Oh. Wait. We didn't hear the 5week update. :bawl: We were waiting on pins & needles. I think you need :ice: and I hope the adrenaline didn't make up pick up heavy objects.
 
OH, NO!
I'm so very sorry you have to go through all of this. How awful!
Thankfully you all are okay.
Three o'clock in the afternoon, no less. How bold they were, that's frightening.
What if Mrs M was home alone?

It has to be difficult for you and your wife especially to imagine those jerks ransacking your home,
touching your belongings, destroying things and stealing your personal property. Ugh!! So, so sorry!
I hope your wife isn't too shaken or fearful. I'm afraid I would be.
Evil, pure evil that's what that is.

I hope you're able to relax and begin recovering from this incident over the weekend.
Prayers for peace for you all.
@mcopt
 
You definitely need to ice today (but in cocktails, not an ice bag! I'm glad no one was hurt me - everything else can be replaced or repaired. The middle of the day seems to be more popular with thieves now - fewer people at home (including at nearby houses). Do you have a landline they might have called to confirm no one home? Good thing it didn't happen a few weeks ago - you might have hurt yourself chasing after them or kicking their tails if you'd caught them.
 
Oh my stars...that is so so awful.
I'm so mad for you.
How frightening especially for Mrs.
What is wrong with people, seriously?
If I could find them for you - I'd wear out both new hips and two sets of knee caps kicking there behinds.
That makes me just furious.
 
Oh no! That is just so upsetting. Glad that you are all ok. What a nightmare with the keys. Glad you’ve been able to secure the vehicles and change the locks in the house. Utterly horrid for you all x
 
How maddening/frustrating... Need to add an angry emoji....
 
Wow @mcopt, that’s two of you with break ins (alfie’s Garage). I am so glad no one was injured. The clean up mess sounds horrid. I can understand why hip update was not on top of your list.

Good luck in getting things straightened out. I hope they catch the little twits.
 
@mcopt oh Martin I am so sorry we were laughing and cojoling you on for a report not knowing what you had been through! Utter b######s is what they are but thank goodness your dog's were outside otherwise they could have been hurt. I dont really want to ask but did they take the Harley??
I hope this has not put your recovery back and sending you and the Mrs lots of love.
 
:holysheep:I hope you don’t have to wait to long for another date for surgery once your fit. Its a bit disappointing to get sick just as your prepared for THR surgery and....:).don’t worry we will be here to help you thru it again .
It’s no fun having angina either very painful sorry you were so sick with that before. I have had colds that get into lungs and the next spreads into the tissue between the lung and ribs becomes inflamed and every breath is a struggle. I have had angina2 a few times and had to wait for surgery, removal of gallbladder of all things.
Drink lots of fluids and stay warm and snuggle in with a good movie. You know the drill....
Now take care of that congestion and get well soon.:flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom