THR Hi, Yearly update

Good thing you're married. I could see your pickup line being changed from "want to see my etchings" to "want to see my scar(s)" !
 
Hi Martin!
I hope your day is going well and you're showing Mrs Martin some special love today.
After all, you need to keep her happy....you have to do this all over again.
If she's anything like my spouse was during my recovery, she's a blessing.
Sending you some Valentines Day love from one of your MM's in the USA :loveshwr: Hope your day is great, you've been great fun over the past many months and a delightful addition to the forum!
@mcopt
 
I think I warned you at one point about the meds making us say and do silly stuff!

@Tomgirl - they'd better hurry if they want any of the alcohol and chocolates! Even if they're on time, they might be gone. After all, we'll need them to calm our nerves worrying about our friends up there!
 
Mcopt. Hope you are doing well.
I'm happy that bone on bone pain for that hip is now a Thu g if the past.
Hope patience is holding out.
Have a great weekend.
 
Hey @mcopt. Hope today is going well. Did I read somewhere you are planning return to work Monday? The superpath seems to make a real difference in that.
 
Hey....how is Martin doing?
You've been quiet. Hope you're behaving.
I know there could be that little tug of war going on to push it :good-bad:
Hope you're chillin and enjoying the weekend!
@mcopt
 
Well I am reluctant to say too much as I am scared it will turn around and bite me in the butt :badspidy:the new hip (so far) is brilliant can honestly say I have not suffered anything I could describe as pain bit of tightness to start from a little swelling sorry not been icing and hardly taking any pain meds bit of itching around the scar area think that is just healing. Trying now to get life back to 'normal ' driving is no problem went into work for a few hours friday just to catch up then starting back gradually on monday . Have been getting up early again now and getting some jobs done looking after dogs etc (can't walk them yet) just beginning to feel normal again. I am seeing physio on Wednesday I am being cautious about what I do keeping exercise to top half I did a gentle 5 mins on spin bike no problem but will clear things with physio Wednesday before getting too adventurous . I am trying to be conscious of my posture now when walking and standing really need to get from :old: back to:walking:taking myself for a gentle 30 min walk everyday and aiming for 6k steps on my new fitbit but here is the big problem... my old hip... whilst the new one seems to take everything I throw at it with no complaints the old one as expected starts playing up :tantrum2: big time consequently I am having to walk with 2 sticks or crutches and I don't see myself being able to loose these until after next op. I do manage to get around the house with no aids ok but any distance its different just wish next op was sooner like tomorrow but I will have to be patient and wait till may at least it will give the right more time to get more healing done. Just hoping that my next experience goes as well as the first has so far.
Wishing all in hippy land a great weekend :SUNsmile:
 
Nice update @mcopt. I agree that if we have a second bum hip it interferes with new hip. I had much longer time between two ops than you will, but I started noticing muscle etc. issues in new hip/legvss right got progressively worst. While it is still early days, have noticed improvement in both. Do what you need to do to make it to second surgery. This summer will see you balanced out.

Don’t overdo work. Hopefully it can serve as a distraction until May 11.
 
I was afraid that other hip would be giving you a fit.
Did you say if you had a date for the other?
Glad you can are doing so well with your recovery on this one, mcopt.
 
Oops, see the signature. My sister's birthday so I can remember that.
 
Oh, you'll be partying all right.
Celebrating, yes. Partying, I doubt.
It wasn't that much fun if I remember.
It will roll back the clock.
You will feel 20 years younger when you hit double hippy status.
I do.
Nice though finally are getting all this done with.
You were stressing me out:oyvey:
 
Last edited:
What a great update!
Driving already and phasing back into work, wow.
Sorry you can't fully relax and enjoy with your other hip bothering you.
Wish I could blink May 11th here for you. Hopefully your bad hip
isn't interfering too much with the new :fingersx:
A great Sunday to you!
@mcopt
 
@Layla thanks for your thoughts its nothing like as bad as pre first op it will probably do me a favour having a bit of pain to not over do it and let the first one heal well @Mojo333 you will be pleased to hear that but I am sure I can find a way of keeping those stress levels up for you :skep: :heehee:
 
I agonized every time you hit a roadblock prior to surgery..and I dont even know you!
I wanted it done almost as bad as you.
Now, if you glom it up, all you're getting from me is I told you so!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom