THR Hi, Yearly update

Hi.
Hope you are chilling.:ice:
I had very little visible swelling after the first week, but tightness usually means swelling. Doesn't need loosening , needs healing.
 
Well nearly 2 weeks must admit quite a bit of pain and discomfort now but only from the old leg like it was pre op its seens to have given me a bit of a break but starting to complain now the new one really does feel fantastic so far. I think I am loading the old one more due to natural reluctance to put too much load on new one finding it better to use 2 crutches walking any distance. Wound seems to be healing great bruising and swelling minimal now can't wait to get the dressing taken off tomorrow be warned I may post a picture of the scar :scaredycat:also looking forward to loosing my TEDs and stopping the shots. I think it wilk be a test of patience waiting till may for next one but unless he could do it within next 4 weeks i will have problems with work etc still should all be good by the summer can start ticking off some bucket list entries where should I start @Mojo333 bit of mountaineering perhaps :snork::wink:
 
Preferably not.
Nothing that might involve hard landings.
I don't even jump off the back of the pickup trucks we unload anymore.
I can, but I'm not.
I could've gone offshore fishing two months ago in choppy seas, felt up to it. But I didn't. Hit a wave the wrong way, and feels like your legs get jarred up to your shoulder blades.
I will go this summer.
I'm hoping that bad hip hangs in there for you, mcopt.
Try to practice standing with core centered even if it aches that other hip a bit. Hope today is a Good Day.
 
@Mojo333 thanks for advice will give that a try . Joking aside one thing for years I have wanted to do is to climb mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania I have a friend who did it for charity a couple of years ago it would be quite an achievement to do it on artificial hips its more of a tough hike uphill than a climb and doing it for a hip related charity would give incentive really would like to aim for that within 2 to 3 years .
 
I think that would be amazing.
I want to go, bet there are some kind of sights to see!
Yes.
I give my blessing, only if you promise to wait that long and NO FALLING!
 
If you'd like to get the hippies together for that climb @mcopt I'm all for it - as long as I can stay at the base of the mountain while you climb. My fear of heights is even stronger than Mojo's fear of falling! I hope you get there, though!
 
Wonderful goal @mcopt. Don’t know if I want to hit a mountain, but there is a nearby gorge with a lot of different walking trails. Hope to try them by late summer.

I agree we tend to load the old hip a bit in the beginning. Our body naturally guards the healing joint. You sound sensible in using two crutches for any distance. In my short attempts on cane yesterday I noted the muscles are still tender.

Hope bad hip isn’t too hateful.
 
If you'd like to get the hippies together for that climb @mcopt I'm all for it - as long as I can stay at the base of the mountain
Now thats an idea aiming for fall 2020 if anyone else is up for it let me know it really isn't so much of a mountain as a very big hill :hiking: you don't need to do any technical climbing biggest challenge seems to be altitude sickness so very important to train well for the climb. Or you could rent a helicopter !!
 
Helicopter still wouldn't work for me! I don't even like climbing onto a chair and that was before my hips went wonky! I'm all for travel, though - and I'll be an empty nester by then!
 
Hi Martin,
Hope you're having a great day!
What a wonderful update. Now if only that other hip wasn't annoying you.
The best part is you're halfway there now and if like me, after experiencing this feel
it will be easier next time around. I'm sure there will still be a little pre-op anxiety but not like the first time! It sounds like you're having a really good recovery, as did I. So my fear in doing the second
when / if the time comes, is that I won't be able to match my first recovery!

Now....about this Kilimanjaro biz, what an awesome goal, can you imagine?!

A peaceful night to you...
@mcopt
 
@Bevlah lol :rotfl: I must be turning American do the good people on here know what autumn is I wonder .
Hope all going well with you ou I get dressing off tomorrow be intrested to see my scar. Anyway I must uphold our fine Queen's English language in future .
 
Autumn? @mcopt I recall that as a season of beautiful, brightly colored leaves. Huge piles of leaves to run and jump into. Autumn colored clothes were available in any piece of clothing you could think of.
 
We’ll forgive you @mcopt. And yes, we use autumn and fall pretty interchangeable. After spending a month in England I found myself telling someone “to mind the gap” when stepping over an uneven doorframe. Not quite the same as the tube, but it just came out.
 
Would you prefer we switch to another language since we can't agree on the words or the spelling in English? I believe the German term is "Herbst" - we had an annual Herbst festival in the town where I lived in Germany.
 
of course, if we have to use English, I think most on this site would prefer not to hear the word "fall" even in this context, so let's agree to "autumn"
 
So rather than saying I am having a break during the fall I need to say I am having a short holiday in the Autumn or should that be a short vacation :rotfl: think I need to go back to work:oyvey:dressing off now fine looking scar even though I say it myself.
 
Personally @mcopt, I am getting so tired of political correctness, I think you can say what you darned well please! Glad you are pleased with scar- it represents coming back from a major life obstacle. And I treasure your humor.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom