THR Hi, Yearly update

Hi @Layla thanks for all your kind messages must admit I am quite relaxed about the gap in surgery now especially that I have an idea of what to expect of course next could be totally different but I think it is best to have the good (so far) experience first. Hope your dad is still doing well. Have a lovely weekend
 
You're welcome! You're a joy to communicate with. You've put many a smile on my face.

I had a really nice recovery. Can not complain! So much that I don't see how I could match it.
I think I'd rather have a crappy recovery first, if I had to have one out of two. Over-Done! :curtsey:

And thank you, my dad is doing well. He's very active, still working 5 days a week at 80!
Hope your Sunday is great!
@mcopt
 
Any advice on TEDs please had them on constantly since an hour before my op 11days ago ok with them in the day but they start to annoy at night now also finding they don't go very well with most of my outfits :snork:
Still doing daily clexane shots and moving probably as much as pre op now will obviously have to ultimately make my own decision but just intrested what others are doing or did .
 
@mcopt still wearing mine day and night but my mum had DVT so I will continue wearing them much to my extreme annoyance!!! It seems to be on here though that most bin them so I think it's an individual choice? Good luck!
 
I would have worn mine but they got lost in the wash after four days:shrug:
 
My first set got lost that way. We don’t have that history but I decided to try to comply. It is different from doctor to doctor. Last time when I went in for two week visit, no one mentioned their absence. Supposed to wear for three weeks, don’t know if I will make that or not-at least trying to make it during major swelling.
 
Hi has anyone started using a stationary/spin bike gently after 10 days thr obvious cautions apply ie not bending to far etc am itching to gradually start some gentle exercise now :upright::treadmill:
 
Hi @mcopt
My OS suggested I wear the TEDS for 3 weeks, twenty hours a day.
I had a couple pair so I could wear clean ones. Hated them!
I agree....they don't match anything, just not a good look :heehee: Mine were white...all I needed was a black
pair of Mary Janes and I could have passed for Alice in Wonderland.

You do know you're required to have a celebratory bonfire and cocktails to say good
riddance to the hateful things, don't you? :cheers:

Hope your day is great!
 
@mcopt I have a stationary bike that I started to use at about that time frame. I put the seat up a bit higher so I wouldn't be bending too much at the hip, but I found it to help loosen up my leg quite nicely. I also used a small step on one side to help with getting on. Just started with 5-10 minutes and have been building up. Can do 45 with no problem now.
 
I have the three week guideline and no mention of 20 hours a day. Will have to leave off a bit while they dry, will see if they go back on. Bonfire excellent idea Layla.
 
I started at around just under 3 weeks out once I got the all clear from the physio. Was advised to have the seat up high up to stick within the 90 degree rule, to have low resistance and stick to 5 minutes at a time. I always elevated and iced afterwards. :ice: In fact I still do after any exercise. I’d personally concentrate on walking at the stage you are. I focused on walking with a normal gait and no limp.

Once I felt I was sufficiently mobile I stopped wearing them. Was on blood thinning pills as well. I’d been instructed to wear them 24/7 for 6 weeks! Obviously apart from in the shower :loll:

Your recovery is going great guns
 
I am looking forward to getting back on recumbent bike. I know it is way too early, but it was first thing they had me doing at outpatient pt at about 3 weeks.
 
Mcopt. :banghead: How did I know I was going to be stressing about you when you finally got this done?
No no no and NO. Don't you have some left over pills you can take so you can quit trying to figure out how you can get on with it.
All that waiting, and not even two weeks!
It needs rest, you need patience..
It can't be asked to perform when it hasn't even begun to heal well.
You know you can always find someone to say what you want to hear, but only a friend will tell you when you have a booger hanging out of your nose.
Some have gotten by with over doing it early on, and many have caused chronic problems.
I WILL throw an "I told you so" on you, as I have been waiting for you to get this done as long as you have...and you are stressing me out!:hairpulling:
 
Oops @mcopt @Mojo333 ain't a happy bunny with you!! I am with her to be honest. You have been through so much to get that hip please just rest.....watch the Olympics, kick back, read, watch TV, knit a jumper blah blah blah just don't over do it!!!!
 
knit a jumper
:loll:
No, not suggesting you totally wimp out, but can't you build a model airplane or lift hand weights?
I bet you're worrying your poor wife silly.
 
I'll give the opposite side. OS and PT cleared me to use beginning day after surgery for a few minutes slowly and no resistance. Also used at PT beginning day 2 PO. I found it very helpful to loosen up the hip in the early days.
 
Poor @mcopt
It must be like having 15 wives telling you what to do :heehee:
I'm surprised your wife doesn't jump online and tell us all to mind our own biz.
Obviously we care and want to see you get it right, especially with # 2
looming on the horizon. So no major mischief, Martin :no-fin:
Hope your day is fulfilling in many ways!
 
:sos: oops I will be careful no spin bike have appointment at hospital on Wednesday so will check with them first will keep it to walking until then had 20 minute walk this morning and that was ok but felt tired this afternoon you will be pleased to hear I am sitting down watching Apollo 13 taking it easy great film
Thanks for caring I will be good :angel:
 
Personally I thought your bike consideration was better than your jogging idea. Checking with hospital good idea. Obviously start with no resistance. I admit I keep looking at my bike. Am trying to wait until I am transitioned to cane and pt checks everything out.
 
Hi @mcopt
You're wise to wait and ask on Wednesday. Better safe than sorry. Let us know what you hear.
Hope you enjoyed Apollo 13. Haven't watched it but I'm sure it's good.
A twenty minute walk deserves a cozy nap with your friend > :ice:
Hope you have a relaxing evening!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom