THR Hi! Post THR recovery

Hi John Wilky :wave: Love to see you visiting us!
Sorry your son is having hip issues. It appears, benne68, left you some interesting info above to read and pass on to your son. Looks like you're going on a Mediterranean cruise soon? If so, I hope it's the trip of a lifetime. Enjoy!
@JohnWilky
 
Hiya Folks , hoping that everyone is feeling fine ( first daft statement)
I will cut to the chase therefore
Generally new hip ( March 2021) is sought of OK some niggles & aches , but hey it’s better than pre op !
My latest problem niggle is tricky to explain so here goes , pinpoint it is a pain pull feeling at the top of front of thigh , above the groin , moreorless in the bend of the leg and your stomach in the muscle across from top of hip across and down the inside of my thigh.
Any advice , ideas on remedies or anyone had similar.
Great to see the app is still flourishing , I recommend it to all sufferers. Good luck everyone.
 
Hi,
Thanks for the update and the kind words about BoneSmart.
My guess about your new pain is you may be doing something new, or a little too much.
 
Hi JW :wave:
A pleasant surprise to hear from you and a lovely one at that.
Not sure what your pain is, sorry you're struggling though. Hopefully it's from some activity you recently engaged in, as Pumpkin noted above... and it eases soon. :fingersx:
Thanks for your kind words in regard to the forum and for sharing BoneSmart with others. I wish you a happy, healthy Summer 2025. :SUNsmile:
@JohnWilky
 
Welcome back, @JohnWilky. Good to hear from you again.

Since you haven't been on the forum in some time, you may not be aware that we have implemented a new membership program to support the important work BoneSmart does. You are currently a Basic Member, which means you may search the forum, read others' thread and continue to post here about your THR recovery.

To get personalized advice and answers to your questions and concerns from our staff, however, you must be a member of our Insiders Club. Membership also entitles you to start a new thread if you have another procedure and provides access to the non-public sections of the library. You can read more about our new Guidelines for Posting.

We are a non-profit organization and the small subscription fee goes toward keeping BoneSmart available. You can find more information here.

Best Wishes, and we hope to see you join the Insiders Club.
 
Good AM,
Recently I had bad thigh & knee pain as well. Out of nowhere. And I’m in Year 3 & am able to have very active lifestyle.
We had an exceptionally chilly & damp spring so I attributed the pain to that. I iced & took extra strength Tylenol off & on for day or two & it cleared up. No clue what caused it. It was nothing I did as far as I can remember.
I think we are never totally” pain free” after surgery. I have arthritis here & there & had aches & pains long before surgery!
Hope your issue resolves.
 
Thank you M, hope you continue to be almost pain free.

Well, here we go I'm one month away from 5 years and counting (where / how as that time gone so fast ) anyway I'm still sought of pain free, aches and pains yea, but I still enjoy playing (Soccer, can’t pick it up unless you’re the goalie) football at one I believe to be a decent standard, no daft tackles! Running and kicking the ball most of the the time to my younger teammates (I’m 72 now) with success! I suffer after every game and it takes about a week to recover but I love it, it encourages me to go gym 2 x times a week too ……… BUT!!! You knew that was coming, just recently I am suffering groin, hip and back pain enough for me to rest up for a couple of weeks!
My self diagnosis has led me to the Psoas Muscle and everything I’ve read suggests, that overuse esp walking long distance and more pertinent to me running and that it’s a common to hip replacement folk.
So I'm resting in as much as I’m not playing for 2/4 weeks to see if it improves!

My enquiry is has any hippies suffered from Poas muscle fatigue and hopefully suggestions on how to repair / recuperate from this temporary set back.

Just to add I’m also just 5 years into Parkinson’s diagnosis, the shakes have become more regular, and other minor problems that comes with the package, so not too bad.
I still drive, go gym and keeping busy allows me to survive on minimum medication.

So PSOAS (I’d never heard of it before) help and advice will be greatly accepted

All very best wishes to fellow hipsters and kneesters, happy new year to the fantastic Bonesmart specialist, I would have been lost without you!!!!
 
Hello JohnWilkey, :wave:
It's always a pleasure to read an update from you. I can't believe it's almost your five year anniversary already. Amazing! Wishing you an early Happy Five Year Anniversary, dear forum friend.
It is wonderful that you're still active with soccer, continue to visit the gym and only on minimal medication. I do hope the rest you're taking helps relieve the pain you suspect is psoas related.

Psoas issues is a topic that has been raised on the forum. I suggest you use the SEARCH at the top right of the page, typing in key words, such as "psoas" and all threads where the topic was mentioned will pop up for you to read through.

It's nice to know you're doing so well, aside from the mystery discomfort and pain you're struggling with. I wish you comfort and hope it resolves soon. Please stay in touch and let us know how you're doing. Your updates always come with a good dose of your special humor which brightens my day. Happy 2026!
@JohnWilky
 
Happy Five Year Anniversary, JW!
I hope you're feeling better these days.
May Spring 2026 be a good one for you. :thumb:
@JohnWilky
 
Back
Top Bottom