Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi I'm back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing wonderful.. still a little stiff at times, but nothing compared to before surgery.. I'm living again!..

[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back..
And of course Athena [Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back..
 
Yes it is... So wonderful... And I'm walking a lot, just today as I was walking up to the barn I was thinking about how much different I was from last year at this time..
 
Hi everyone, not been on here in a while.. Doing great and loving my new hip..
Riding and walking, still have to concentrate on not limping although its not from pain LOL, its so weird.. Hubby hasn't been getting after me nearly so much for limping, "he helps remind me to not limp" LOL...
I am still sooooo amazed at my hip not hurting and not going out of socket... I was in pain sooo long that I'm constantly mentioning it to hubby ...
And for anyone interested Athena "baby" is growing... She will be six months on the 22nd..
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back..
 
So happy to hear how well you are doing! And, yes, I enjoyed the photo of your darling Athena and you very much. So sweet...
 
:hi: @Pony - :wowspring:that's gone fast! How lovely to hear that life is good and your new hip is giving you all the freedom to follow your dreams once more. And what a little beauty she has turned out to be! :horseriding:
 
Thanks for the update @Pony ! So glad you are enjoying life again. Athena is gorgeous!
 
Hi @Pony! I'm so glad to read your update! And that you are back in the saddle.. it's a wonderful process, isn't it? Athena looks really nice,, very alert look to her.. I like her! :horseriding:
 
@Pony thank you for posting! Love the pictures and seeing how you love life. It truly is inspiring.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine , not sure if I've done this right but hope so.. I've been doing well staying busy but in the past couple of weeks when I wake up, "its happened about 5 or 6 times", I woke up with my leg entirely numb, I almost always lay on the side "left" of the hip replacement. Its only just happened in the past couple weeks, its like my leg is dead, can't move my toes or foot and it takes a while to get the blood moving again and I absolutely hate the tingling and prickley feeling when it starts waking back up, the only thing different is my new mattress and my dr put me on a small blood pressure pill, I'm actually getting afraid to lay on that side, should I call the dr ?
 
@Pony did you buy a firmer mattress? Could just be more pressure on your leg from a firmer mattress.
 
@Jaycey yes , sure did.. I love the firmer mattress but hubby hates it LOL, and now that this is happening I'm wondering if I love it as much as I thought I did, I was afraid that might be what is causing it but wasn't sure..
 
So if you lay on the opposite side does it also get numb? Or is it only your op side?
 
I've never had the other leg go numb but it seems I always wake up on the op side
 
Well, there you are then! It's the hard mattress and your new operation site doesn't like it!
 
So relieved LOL, was worried a bit though.. But I think I still love my firmer mattress just gonna try and not end up on the left hip again although that is gonna be hard to do.. :)
 
just gonna try and not end up on the left hip again although that is gonna be hard to do.. :)
Have you tried banking pillows up on the left side to avoid rolling over?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@mlsread I've really not got any pain other then when the blood starts circulating again.
@Miss Muffet , yea I've tried that it works for a little while till they end up in the floor lol..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom