THR Hi I'm back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good to hear from you @Pony and happy your hip is doing well, but I'm sorry to hear you're still sick. How crazy that everyone has pneumonia! Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
 
Sorry to hear that you aren't well! I hope you get relief soon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So good to hear from you @Pony and happy your hip is doing well, but I'm sorry to hear you're still sick. How crazy that everyone has pneumonia! Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Well my dad was a smoker/coal miner/lung cancer last year and my cousin was a smoker all her life who has had to quit and I was exposed to smoke all my life because of most of my family although I never smoked, I guess its had its toll on me, fought with asthma and allergies all my life..
 
When I was taking care of my mom do to ovarian cancer, a person in the hospital asked me if I ever smoked and I told them from birth LOL, Mom didn't think it was funny....
I did though but I hurt her feelings, but she was born into it too, both of her parents smoked , although my dad's family didn't he picked it up a lot of my cousins started early teens, its sad but back then a lot of people didn't think of it being wrong..
 
I live with a smoker who smokes in the house so I feel you! I make him sit near a hepa filter to try and protect myself since I have asthma ! I hope you feel better soon.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Hi everyone, finally feeling some better, the cough while it isn't entirely gone is much less and I'm not quite so short of breath.
We had some high water but nothing so bad as above us did, although the rain came down in buckets and the lightening was very scary never saw it so bad, it hit a power pole about a half mile from us and it took them almost two days to get our power back on we were fortunate though as we have a generator and didn't loose our freezer stuff..
I'm doing great with my hip, every time we go out to the store or to walk around I'm amazed at how much better I can walk and without pain.. Still have the limp and have to concentrate on not limping, wondering how long its going to take to "relearn" how to walk without the limp..
Hope everyone on here is doing great..
 
I live with a smoker who smokes in the house so I feel you! I make him sit near a hepa filter to try and protect myself since I have asthma ! I hope you feel better soon.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.

Hi JoMarie.I quite smoking April 18, and I'm still struggling .Yesterday I was out socially and there were smokers around me.It was so hard.I wanted to smoke so bad.I told myself I love being free from cigarettes.I am not going to allow myself to die from lung cancer .It worked.I did not smoke.I used to smoke in the garage or on the back porch that worked and was more considerate of my husband.We also had the baby with us for 10 months and did not want smoke around him.If you have asthma he needs to have a nice comfortable place,nest set up in the garage so the smoke does not hurt. Your asthma


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back.. Athena is into everything lol, here she is dripping wet from the rain and buffing hubbys truck with the sand on her lips LOL..
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back.. Her momma is pretty sassy too..
 
I really have to concentrate on not limping. I didn't have PT. Have thought about it though..

[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back.. Another pic of Athena.. LOL
 
Wow, what a gorgeous setting! When one lives in the desert, as I do, one really appreciates the color green :heehee:!!! Athena and mama are just darn adorable! :roseshwr:

I'm with you on the PT. In the next week or two I'm going to go have a gait assessment. I don't think I'm going to do any of their exercises, but will have them help with my shortened stride. I'm able to take normal strides, but I really need to concentrate on it. My limp has pretty much disappeared except for the first few steps I take once standing (especially in the mornings).
 
Wow, what a gorgeous setting! When one lives in the desert, as I do, one really appreciates the color green :heehee:
When we moved to Arkansas and then moved home in the middle of summer it was like we were coming back to the rain forest LOL, even such a big difference just from there to here.
 
My five month appointment was today, dr said all was healing good so I asked again about riding and of course he frowned and said just don't fall LOL.
So today "after the bad storm" while it was still raining LOL, I got Snowy out and saddled him up, its been almost four years since I could actually sit on a horse comfortably, but I just had to test it, Hubby held him while I used a stool to get on and set down, no pain what so ever LOL, My husband refused to let go of Snow and led me around he said first time just to play it safe.. And really it did make me feel a little better, now just to get my brave on and cowboy up LOL, it didn't hurt at all.. Couldn't get a pic of me riding but did get a pic of Snowy with his saddle LOL.. [Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back..
 
My hip is doing great, no pain while riding, my knee gets a little stiff but is no problem, walking for much longer and can tell I'm still gaining in strength...
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back..
 
OH MY GOSH, somehow I missed your posts!!!! I am SO happy for you @Pony! What a blessing that after four years of not being able to do what you love best, this surgery has enabled you to do just that (smiling from ear to ear)! :yes!::happydance::yay:
 
I am so happy, and while I'm still not riding a long time "I'm gradually building up , not actually for myself but for Snow, as he hasn't been ridden for a long while" I'm doing great.. Loving riding again..
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back..
And another of Athena
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom