THR Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 5 of Jill & Herman's Hip Replacement Adventure Series :curtsey:

I did forget to mention this in my previous posts:
The thing I noticed when up on my feet for the first time after surgery was that My Legs Are Now The Same Length!! I actually realized that before it dawned on me that the Pain Is Gone. The two best revelations ever!

Well, for today I had promised Hubby and PTDoug that I'd rest more...and I did. PTDoug actually called to make sure lol. I can't imagine why he'd think I might not keep my promise hahaha...but I am! I got up every couple of hours to walk inside a little bit, just to keep things moving. Pain level is low with one 5/325 Percocet every 3 hours until bedtime when I take two. Incision area is cooler to touch today with some swelling, but much less than expected. Using ice :) Took a shower yesterday, so I think I'll pass on that today. Sweet Neighbor Becky just walked by, so I joined her on the deck and we walked up and down a few times. Nice to have so many ppl who care. As a surprise, I ordered both Hubby and myself Fitness Bracelets that monitor steps, heart rate, calories, and much more stuff than I'll prob ever need..but you never know! I really want to keep track of my movement as I forge thru recovery, increasing my activity a bit each day. Keeping to my post surg restrictions hasn't been hard. I find that it's not nearly as mind boggling as I thought it would be. I'm happy with the ease of my recovery thus far. :) :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jillie422 - so happy to hear of your smooth recovery to date. You are an inspiration to me! I'm on deck for Monday! I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I'm able. I'm still a bit nervous but a calm has come over me and I am confident this is the best thing that I can do for myself right now. The pain this week has been unrelenting-I think the hip knows it's coming out!!! . Keep up the great work!!
 
@Wildwood14 I'm praying for your great results on Monday and will be following your recovery. I continue to be amazed at my own and am praying the same for you. I too was nervous... But also like you felt the calmness and confidence. Good luck and best wishes!! I'm here if you need me!! You'll be So Relieved when The Devil Pain is Gone!!
 
You are doing so well, Jill.....not surprised at all. Especially since you're listening to hubby and Doug! How nice to be able to walk the deck with Becky. Thanks for reporting.....you put my mind at ease for when my time comes, and have been a comfort to Wildwood14 as well ~ (@Wildwood14.....I'm rooting for you! Will watch out for your recovery post!) ~ ~ Have a great, relaxing weekend!
 
@Wildwood14 - yes, that calmness. I'm sure it's when the extended build up, anticipation and nerves all culminate into "ah at last I'm on the starting blocks. Time to let go and let it all happen!"
Don't waste your energy now on nerves. This is a good time for you so don't block anything out. Just look ahead to better times.
@Jillie422 - the lift in your mood is so noticeable. So very happy for you!
 
Day 6 of Jill & Herman's Hip Replacement Adventure Series :curtsey:

Not much to tell! Today was fairly uneventful :) Let's see... My Home Health Nurse came out for her visit. I was slightly concerned that my incision feels oozy, but she agreed that with no pain and cool to touch, it's prob fine. My OS assistant will be here on Wednesday to change the dressing. Rested more, iced more, walked some too! Feeling really well. Pain level is low. Sleeping well at night. Still taking one Percocet every 3 or 4 hours during the day...then 2 at bedtime :sleep:

Hard to keep me down....But I know I have to behave :no-fin:

Made crematory arrangements for Hubby's mother today. I don't think she'll be with us much longer. Lots of stress on Hubby right now.... But he's still giving loving care to me. Wish I could do more for him. :sorry:
 
You're doing just wonderful @Jillie422 and I'm so happy for you! I'm very sorry that your mother-in-law is very ill and your husband is having to deal with so much stress right now. We are at a difficult age where deaths of family and friends are becoming all too common. I will be keeping you and your family in prayer. xoxoxo
 
Made crematory arrangements for Hubby's mother today. I don't think she'll be with us much longer. Lots of stress on Hubby right now.... But he's still giving loving care to me. Wish I could do more for him. :sorry:

She's Passed.... God Bless...
 
I'm so sorry to hear that your MIL has passed. What a stressful time this has been for all of you, but at least your hubby can be assured that he did everything he could for her....and she knew it. And your kindness in delaying your surgery so that he could be with her when he needed to be. God bless her...and all those that loved her.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom