THR Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jillie422 -I have been playing catch up on updates. Sorry about the passing of your mother-in-law. My condolences to your family. I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well and I am encouraged too. My surgery is Tuesday the 17th. Excited but scared. Still lots of loose ends to finalize, but I think that would be the case if I had 6 more months. I agree with another member that you sound so much better-relieved and pain free. Keep up the good work, you and Herman.
 
@Jillie422 - so happy to hear of your smooth recovery to date. You are an inspiration to me! I'm one à deck for Monday!

@Wildwood14 ... Tomorrow's Your Day! Praying for your great results and no more OA pain! Looking forward to hearing from you :console2:

@muggsymoo - Hope you're here on the other side peacefully napping after Your Day... :console2:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)
Day 7 of Jill & Herman's Hip Replacement Adventure Series :curtsey:

Yes Peeps.... It's happened. I've totally hit the wall today. :bricks: All that day-after-I-got-home-energy has done got-up-and-gone. Even tho I totally rested yesterday and the day before, I'm still beyond exhausted. And UGH.... I'm sure PT will be badgering me tomorrow to set up their standing appointments. Yes, I'll be sweet...I'll comply.... But only until I see my OS. I know he encourages it, but hopefully he or PT will see how well I'm doing and cut me loose. :praying:

Incision area is now a huge bruise that covers my entire hip and thigh area....but does look better today than yesterday. The bandage over it is about 12 inches by 4 inches, with the center being cushiony. That center is soaked with whatever is seeping, but hasn't escaped the waterproof bandage. I'm icing it.... :ice:It's warm to the touch, but not hot. OS asst comes on Wednesday for dressing change.

:zzz:Now for yet another nap xoxoxo
 
@Jillie422 - Wow! I don't think I want to see mine next week- not for a while. Might get someone to take a pic and I will look at later. It's understandable you are tired! I mean, just look at the pictures. We should get a balloon drop with confetti and a sash to wear and a slice of cake in recovery! I really don't think I could face or do this if it weren't for all the BoneSmarties who have.
 
@sommers and @Horseshoe -- count me in for cake too! Hubby did bring home some evil from the bakery today... beautiful croissants dripping with donut glaze. Thank goodness they don't always have those, because they're waaaaay too good to pass up.

Did I mention someplace here that I ordered a couple of those fitness bracelets that measure your steps, movements, heart rate, etc? Didn't get the expensive ones.... Just the beginner type. It's been so very long since I've had any kind of meaningful exercise that I thought it'd be fun to have some incentive for Hubby and me. That way I can effortlessly measure and increase my activity daily. This model also located your cell phone when you've misplaced it lol. Happy Sunday Everyone!

Toprime®Waterproof U9 Fitness Tracker Sleep Monitor Pedometer Watch Anti-lost Bluetooth Sync,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DXVJXKU/?tag=ate362da-20
 
New hip day tomorrow!!! Well I'm all packed and ready to go. My daughter has invited us up to her home for dinner tonight so no cooking or cleaning up - not that I've done much of that lately anyway. @Jillie422 - Thank you for all the kind words of support and for the prayers - very much appreciated. I'm taking my iPad with me to the hospital so as soon as I am able I will give you all an update! Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!!! I pray I do as well as all of you!!!! See you on the other side.
 
See you soon @Wildwood14 !! Positive Thoughts, Good Luck and Prayers! Can't wait to hear you say I'm Actually OA Pain Free. It's so freeing! I'm feeling your anticipation since it's just last Sunday that I was in your shoes. By the time I got to the hospital Monday morning, I was So Ready. Wishing same for you! xoxoxo
 
@Jillie422 I really don't think I could face or do this if it weren't for all the BoneSmarties who have.

I agree- I wouldn't be able to face this without all of you doing so well, paving the way and being so honest and kind in your comments and well wishes.

I am so sorry to hear of your Mother In Law's passing. I hope her boys got to spend some quality time with her and keep that with them. Always remember her on the porch in the sun. X



Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Thank You @dandy_candi @Cynthia777 @Sommers16 @gullimac and Everyone Else for your condolences. They are much appreciated. I've read them to Hubby too :) Her children, grandchildren and many of her great grands were able to spend time with her... And yes.... She did get her sunny days on her porch. I was sorry not to see her, but she called me 2 days before she passed to ask about my surgery and recovery. I'm grateful that she knew I am OK and that I got to tell her I love her one last time. Her final days were as they should be. Her Boys made everything perfect for their Momma.
 
Day 8 of Jill & Herman's New Hip Replacement Adventure Series :curtsey:

My one week checkup with my brilliant orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Brent Davis, and his amazing assistant, Maria = dressing change, cheers for my successful recovery so far...and hugs all around!

Told them I'm exhausted, and he confirmed Josephine's article about this issue and the amount of energy drain needed to heal. Just rest! Told him I didn't want PT at my door lol. He calls me his Crazy Lady lol.

Dr D was impressed with my walking and gait this early in recovery. I could tell that he's proud of the fact that he can perform a posterior approach with the same recovery benefits of many who perform the anterior. He's an excellent mechanic!

I go back next week for removal of those 28 staples :)
[Bonesmart.org] Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:good-bad:Hmmmmmm....... Thinking about firing PT today. After yesterday's visit with my OS and him strutting around, showing me off to his associates because of my awesome recovery... I might have a leg (Hip) to stand on haha :loll:

I hate the way they call up and announce what time they'll be here (in two hours)! So then I feel like I have to jump up, get dressed, pick up the house and make the bed. Then they show up, do their thing (which I do perfectly well on my own)....and any plan I had for increasing my walking is shot. I think I'm over them :eyebrows:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom