Another small but significant accomplishment! My PT also suggested water exercise for me, not formal classes or PT, just walking to loosen things up a bit. I plan to look into it next week.
United Kingdom
Will be 4 months on 1st April since the op. SURELY the pain/extreme uncomfortableness should be on it's way out by now? I did a small walk with the dogs yesterday afternoon & have had extreme "leg" ache all night & today which has just made the hydrotherapy session a chore rather than a positive. This continual front & right side of thigh ache is driving me nuts but I also have a lot of pain on the inside of my knee too. When I've walked for a few minutes I feel like someone has taken a sledgehammer to the front of my leg. Appt with surgeon should have been next week but was put back until May. Is this normal to experience such extreme discomfort at 4 months? I have just cried all the way back from the hospital as I feel fed up with having to deal with this "donkey" of a leg still
I know there are many positives but I feel like I'm given a glimpse then it's snatched away from me again...If anyone mentions the "P" word I may have to eat the rest of the Digestive biscuits...AGAIN 
United Kingdom
Think I'll do as you suggested & "rest up" over Easter & see if that makes a difference...
United KingdomYes and yesCan I just ask though, would this still flare up 4+ months post op & would it just be down to "doing too much"?
and yes!!!I believe this got worse AFTER the MUA which was about 9 weeks ago now. Would you agree that may have been the cause & it's just a case of "Time" & "Patience" AGAIN before it settles down or hopefully goes completely?
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I wrote a post on the 10th Feb thinking that was gonna be my last session! I can not fault the service I've received from my physio department at Frimley Park Hospital!

Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?My final ROM measurement was about 109. I must remember that my surgeon only achieved 120 during the MUA so really I have to accept this is quite good. Josephine, would you know why the surgeon couldn't achieve more ROM than this as I'm sure I had more before the TKR?
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
ROM will not progress further than what the MUA gave me, which was 120 degrees. He reckons this is down to the trauma my knee has suffered over the years. Quite a few op's, investigations, meniscus removal etc. he also said I'm looking at another 6 months for everything to hopefully settle down. It's unfortunate that us "younger" patients expect to be 100% A Ok after a TKR and yet that result doesn't actually happen very often. Basically I have to accept that what I've got is as good as it's gonna get. At least I don't have that original bone on bone pain but if I'm honest I'm a little bit gutted
Thank goodness I can still open a bottle of wine...Cheers!