Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hello from the UK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you have been suffering after your shopping trip, Mutley :boohoo: But Judy has given you excellent advice to ice, elevate and rest with patience. Yes, I know, much easier said than done, but has to be done :flwrysmile:
 
Just when I thought I couldn't feel any more down, depressed & fed up, some good news....

My beautiful, bright, clever daughter, Roni, has just been to the University of Surrey to get her results for her degree nursing course.
She got a 2:1 and a 1st for her 10,000 word Dissertation :)

To say I'm one very proud mum is an under statement! She has already been accepted for a post on the Acute Medical Unit at Chichester hospital but wants to go into palliative care.

So nice to be shedding happy tears for once! Sorry, just had to share as we've all experienced the nursing profession & I know she is going to be one of the one's who will make a difference in people's lives. I'm off to shed a few more tears..... :happydance:
 
Some good news! Congratulations...enjoy the moment
 
Thank you Nancy! So thrilled for her as she suffers from major migraine's but is one of the 5% of the population who DOESN'T respond to medication. A lot of people just don't understand and think or say, "It's just a headache" but it's not. So proud :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hello from the UK!
to your daughter, Roni!!!! I know you're a proud and happy mum. There's so much joy in seeing our children succeed in their endeavors. Enjoy your happy cry.
 
Congratulations!!! I can tell you are one proud Mom, and rightly so!!! That's just wonderful!!!!!! The best of everything to Roni. She deserves it!
 
That is fantastic news. CONGRATULATIONS to Roni. Didnt she do well. You must be so proud. My daughter Karlea is doing her exams in her final year at Uni. Hopefully she will do as well as your daughter. Its been a long three years but hopefully will be worth it. hat news must have cheered you up.:martini:
 
Thanks Pat! Your right, it's a tough 3 years and the last is definitely the worse trying to fit in the placements, essays AND the dissertation! Their last placement is for 12 weeks. Wishing your daughter Karlea all the very best too :)
 
Thanks Kathy! Just Face timed Roni. She was looking rather the worse for wear after an evening of celebrations :) she starts the job "for real" next Wednesday...Panic!!!
 
Ha ha, don't blame Roni for celebrating. Good luck for her on Wednesday. I'm sure she'll do really well. I kind of envy her for just starting out.
 
HELP :sad: Sorry people but I really need to get this off my chest. I'm so down, again. After knowing I might have done a bit too much yesterday I decided to take it easy/easier today. It seems that the smallest job has resulted in me having to lay on the sofa with my trusty bag of frozen sweetcorn. Just cooked the most easiest of dinners, didn't even have to do the dishes after but my leg is like lead. At 12 weeks post op did/does other people feel like they are carrying around an artificial leg as that is how mine feels :sad: Sitting on the sofa icing my knee and the ache is from my groin and hip right down to my ankle and into my toes.I felt so pathetic with the tears flowing I've come upstairs to bed. I simply feel like I've had enough and as much as I try hard to keep thinking of the positives this black cloud of dispair seems to be sucking me further & further in. As I'm counting the weeks thinking of all the things I think I should be doing, I feel like the family are almost clapping they're hands thinking great, she'll be back on form soon. No one has said this but equally, no one ever asks how I'm feeling. They're probably fed up to the back teeth of me and my recovery as well. After having to go through 2 fusions of the big toe ( if I'm honest I probably didn't help my recovery 1st time round by doing too much too soon but do still believe it was a bit of a botched job!) I decided that there was no way I was going to do anything that would jeopardise this recovery. Even so, even now I'm thinking, oh, might try and take the dogs out in the morning so my husband can have a break and a lay in for once. I know that's a stupid idea but so is someone going back to work at 2 weeks post op. I so wasn't prepared for how emotional this has been and really don't know how to give myself that kick up the bum that I think I probably need. I thought things would be looking rosier at this point even though I've probably got another good 3 months to go but it al seems very stormy instead... Thank you for listening :sad:
 
And it's all perfectly normal!
We've all been there and you're right...no one else gets it, they expect us to be healed and we're not!
 
Yes, totally normal. I know you feel like 12 weeks is forever, but it's not. You're in the stage where you can do a lot more than you used to but still have to pace yourself. you'll get there.

And congrats to your daughter. I know how hard it can be to function with migraines.
 
So sorry you are feeling down. Everyone on this forum has felt like you or will do at some point. How do we as woemen always feel we should be doing more to releive others from helping us. You wanting to walk the dogs so your husband can have a lie in is a perfect example. I think it must be just the way we are made. We go throug all the hard work of labour and giving birth and then get up in the night every couple of hours to feed the baby while they contently snore away. But this time you have no option. You have been thrugh major surgery and you trying to do more to make yourself feel less guilty about others helping out is just going to make the recovery longer. Sorry to go on but I felt just the same as you and ended up flippin icing and elevating till the cows come home. Concentrate on you. You deserve this time to heal properly. The black clouds will part and you will begin to feel better very soon. Just give yourself a chance. You deserve it.
[Bonesmart.org] Hello from the UK!
 
Well, glad to say since my last post I have been feeling a lot better, so that's POSITIVE :)
Okay, my next question! It's EXACTLY 3 months post op now. Although doing the exercises, using the stationary bike & generally getting about & doing more I'm a little frustrated on 2 fronts. The 1st is that I just don't seem to be making any further progress with my ROM/Extension. Since my last visit to my physio, 2 weeks ago, I'm still stuck on 100 & 6-7. I know they're "just" numbers BUT...I want a little bit more :sad: I know people say you can keep gaining even up to or past a year, but is there any chance that, like before I'm just 'stuck' here & this is my lot? Could it be down to not exercising enough, although I feel like I'm doing enough?
The other 'problem' is I still can't seem to walk that far without my leg turning to lead & the artificial leg syndrome kicks in :sad: I decided the other day to see if I could take the dogs out. Managed to drive to the location & back ok & managed about 40 minutes of a bit of walking but mostly finding a flat bit of ground & throwing sticks for the dogs! I thought all was ok, but have suffered badly for 2 days now with a very stiff leg that couldn't even peddle the bike BACKWARDS... :gaah: Am I being totally stupid in my approach to my recovery still? Surely I should be able to enjoy a little walk by now WITHOUT still feeling like I'm dragging a dead donkey with me??!! What can I do to make these "problems" better?
 
I don't think it's that you're not doing enough. As for your very stiff leg after your driving and dog walking episode...it's just letting you know that on this occasion you overdid it. Do a bit less next time and see how it feels, then gradually increase. I'm afraid it's the old , old story , PATIENCE!
I DO know the feeling, at 3 months you feel you should be better but trust me, and the rest of us, you are still early on the road to recovery.!
 
Thanks for replying Nancy. I know what your saying is right but...... :gaah: I would just like to have my leg feeling "normal" again. This time in 3 months maybe???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom