bottomshollow
Former BoneSmart staff member
Party pooper here! Maybe, but don't count on it.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I'm not quite at the point of wishing I'd never had this done because at least I don't have that horrific bone on bone pain, BUT..............
And I am here any time for you.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
yesterday I wanted to have a little mooch round M&S. I reckon with in about 15 minutes various parts of my leg were protesting. Surely I should be able to cope with a bit more by now? I'm getting increasingly more angry with my surgeon for NOT giving me more information on what to expect. His words to me were that most of his patients were making positive progress by 6 weeks. I stupidly assumed that would be me as I'm younger & relatively fit & healthy...WRONG:-( I've never been so depressed in my life with no guidelines of what & when to expect various changes. I feel justified when I say the surgeon does his job then your left on your own to "Get on with it" whatever "it" is???? Fed up from Farnborough 
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I'm now thinking, Oh No! 8 weeks further on than me so what does that mean for me?? Laura, I think your handling your slower recovery in a much more laid back kind of way which I'm sure is better for you & everyone around you
....I think my SPRING has just SNAPPED
I see my physio on Thursday, I'm feeling sorry for HIM already!
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Still, a few weeks back I was wishing for " Just a glimpse of normality" so I must remember this moment tomorrow...when I'll probably be moaning again
United Kingdom
In the last 3 weeks DESPITE my extra efforts, ROM has only increased by 5 to 105 & extension is about 4-5, previously 6-7. I know it is an improvement but I was hoping for a little more. I'm now booked in for a few sessions in the Hydrotherapy pool, starting this afternoon. I'm really trying to take on board that although I'm nearly 15 weeks post op, the MUA was just 6 weeks ago. I think I haven't mentally taken on board the significance of this fact, and actually, it's possibly due to the MUA that I feel I'm still lagging behind...
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I feel so much more focused now to keep 'plodding on' & just trying for a few more degrees. If they don't come, hey! I should just be able to manage with what I have...I think! Today is a GOOD DAY! Fingers crossed for lots more of them!