Lauramacky
senior
Aww Jaki, wow I'm so sorry you are struggling with your knee. I've been neglectful about coming here because I have so much going on in my life. Hubby and I are in counseling and I'm also struggling with an addiction for which I'm seeking help. Anyway, that is FRIGHTENING about remembered pain! My knee hasn't been as good as it was when I wasn't working out. Grrr...yesterday at our counseling session which was a whopping 2 hours, I could barely sit there with my knee bent. And here we have a family reunion in Michigan that will take us 7 hours to get to from Calfironia because there is no direct flight. Ugh! I can't believe there is no direct flight from San Francisco! I guess Detroit isn't a Hub. Anyway, it really is hard and it does seem like you're struggling worse than I am. I DO know that rest, elevation and ice help enormously if one has the time to do so. Unfortunately, sometimes that's just not possible. Preferrably, I'd like to elevate and ice 3x/day. Do I do that? NOooooo...too much to do.
Know that I"m thinking of you over here in the golden state! HUGS
Know that I"m thinking of you over here in the golden state! HUGS
United States
My pain is also very in-consistent too, so what I feel one day might not be the same the next day. Basically, I can have pain anywhere from my groin ( which I had pre TKR) down the outside of my thigh (ITB band, I think!) the inside of my knee, especially when walking ( this was my worse area for pain pre TKR as the bones were so worn my surgeon likened it to collapsed scaffolding!) and down my shin bone. I think that's everywhere! Night times can be the worst time. Sometimes the pain n the groin feels like something is snapping. Every time I need to turn over it's a right palaver, sometimes using a pillow but sometimes the knee feels too sore for anything to be touching it. Having said that I've just had to pick my dogs up from the boarding kennels & I managed to drive back without having to stop. The journey was nearly 2.5 hours. I've also just taken them for a walk without being in too much discomfort. I just start to think, " Great!" Then it all goes pear shaped again
Jaki
Wishing you all the best for the rest of your recovery
Don't worry about your other knee, just concentrate on doing everything you can to get this one back on track 