Guest viewing is limited

Having my first Knee Replacement July 9th 2014**Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @Poodle girl what you do is start your own thread in pre op then one of the admin come in and will give you alot of stuff to read they are short and to point and so valuable. My surgery is July 9th and been getting awesome advice and tips. Everyone is so friendly, you will be thankful you found this site :welome:
 
@madinana Sorry can't pay your way:sad:. Guess I will have to do it myself:bawl:. If you change your mind let me know:yes!:!

We had a lot of bar b que left over so I guess I will go warm them up for dinner. You have a great evening!
 
@Phil75070 um I miss calculated 15 minutes um :driver:that would be 10 per minute:yes!::cheers:

I assume to increase your revenue you also cut the grass with a pair of manicure scissors and with a lot of drink breaks?

[Bonesmart.org] Having my first Knee Replacement July 9th 2014**Nervous
 
@madinana Yes he has lost his appetite and some weight. He loves v8 juice and drinks it along with other juices, and he realizes that he has to eat to give his body energy to heal. I try to tempt him with things I know he likes. He eats, just not as much as he did. Just stock your kitchen with lots of tasty snacks that you like. He really has never gotten sick from taking percoset or other drugs. He is very lucky that way. Me, percoset hits my stomach and comes back up.
 
@kneeper There is a new person, Poodle girl, who posted on this thread. Her first posting I believe. You might not of noticed her and she might need your help getting her own thread started. Thank you.
 
@Poodle girl If you go to the Knee Replacement pre-op area (across the top of the page) and click on it you should see a little black box that says "post a new thread". Try that, if it doesn't work let me know and I will try to get one of the admin. to help you.
 
Just wondering, I only have crutches, should it get a walker? And a toilet bench?
 
@Poodle girl A lot of people on here really liked the raised toilet seat, my husband didn't need one because our sinks are close to the toilets and he could brace on them to get up.
If you have stairs crutches are better, ask your doctor if he requires a walker.
If you don't have a walk in shower, you will need to install grab bars in your tub or get one that attaches to the side of the tub.
You will probably need a cane for a little while. You will need someway to elevate your leg, we put a wedge pillow under our mattress. You will need some type snack (protein) to eat before your pain meds. A lot of people have some kind of bag to carry stuff in. You need something to ice your knee (they sent an ice machine home with my husband), but we also use freezer gel packs. (the ice machines go through a lot of ice, so you might want to freeze small soda bottles of water to use) You will need someone to help you for a while. You won't be able to drive. You might want to find some good books, puzzles or something to keep your mind occupied. I'm sure I've forgotten some stuff. Look through madinana's thread and other threads for other advice.
 
All good advice. I def used the toilet raiser as our toilets are very low. Also for me a leg lifter to help lift your leg into bed bi also needed it for the shower as well as a shower bench with remove able arms. My hospital sent us home with basic walkers - I was not allowed to use the fancy rolling ones, a cane and the best thing ever - the ice machine! If I could only have one thing it would definitely be my ice machine!!! For the hospital I bought baby wipes to freshen up and a travel size antibacterial soap. Everything was pretty much given to me in the hospital! I believe my second knee will be in September and will see my surgeon this week. Hope that helps!
 
Thank-you all for the advise. I just remembered, I read also that you'll have to take antibiotics for the rest of you life. Is this true?
 
@Poodle girl Some doctors advise you to take antibiotics before things like dental appointments etc. My husband already had to do this because of a bicuspid aortic valve (2 flaps instead of 3).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@madinana would you believe my husband mowed our yard today! Riding mower and only about 1/4 acrea (I'm jealous of those of you with acreage until it is time for up keep! [Bonesmart.org] Having my first Knee Replacement July 9th 2014**Nervous

How was church? Hope you have a great day!
I have to go grocsery shopping:gaah:my least favorite chore. Hubby isn't guite ready for that much walking yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom