• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Having my first Knee Replacement July 9th 2014**Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

dressagequeen

Country
United States United States
Well, here I am sharing the experience of RTKR.Mine performed 8 am this morning! To the people that have up and coming TKRs this forum is very helpful and has some really cool people that are very supportive. Here's my story
1.FEAR n anxiety.
For years coming up tkr I was not the most pleasant person at times, became overweight, and clinically depressed. As I was being prepared for the surgery this morning, I was crying, and totally freaked out. ( I pride myself on being brave and strong so this added to it) The spine block is what I feared the most and that was a breeze!
When I woke up in recovery, I had the most amazing feeling of relief and for the first time in years felt mentally fresh and joyful! I wish this feeling for everyone. Granted there are very strong pain meds involved
But, I still feel GREAT!

tiredwife

alpha
Country
@Roselover So glad you are doing good! When the block wears off you will feel a little more pain, but then they start the pain meds. Don't let the pain get bad, let the nurses know the minute it starts inching up, and then have them get you on a schedule.

dressagequeen

Country
Boy I became behind schedule for the "black button" to press for the morphine. I feel asleep.for 3 hrs, gave myself a dose upon awakening. Then it ran out. Took the nurses 45 mins to get a refill. During.that time I was a 9-10 on pain scale.
To the pre operers, give yourself as much as you need of morphine.

Hopeful6592

Country
I hope your surgery went well. I have been reading through your posts, along with others, for about a month now and it has helped me get through this ordeal.

tiredwife

alpha
Country
Okay, to let you all know - madinana has a new thread in the recovery forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Witchhazel
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom