THR Happy for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Carriemay60 Nice nice dinner! Yummy!
A shower today. woohoo!
Good things happening today for you. Happy days.... Oh, and glad the recliner is on the way.
You will like it I hope. I loved mine.
 
Mmmm... dinner sounded wonderful and the special drink :)
 
@Poppet , I may be mistaken but I think it was your nutrition list that I used to make a list for hubby's wallet. I have asked him to refer to that when grocery shopping and getting a few of what I call "super" foods, like the suggested fruits, veg, etc. I am not the biggest eater even when at my best and not being very active sure doesn't help matters. I feel like the food stops at the top of the ribcage and won't go down. Red meat and other harder to digest foods sitting like a rock. Because I have been sleeping so much, my daughter (an RN) suggested Boost which isn't the nicest thing to drink but I think should help me gain some strength and I find if drunk early in the day improves my appetite. I then noticed (over last 48 hours) with a bit better nutrition one nap a day seems to be enough, which in turn improves my frame of mind.

So far, it looks like a nice day out there. I still have my wheelchair rental from my leg for distances and may have to con someone for a walk by the lake this afternoon if I'm up for it. (I was awake at 3:45am and did not go back off, so a longer nap may rule my day) :)
 
@Carriemay60 I hope you made it over to the lake, is it safe to assume you speak of Lake Ontario? Are you close enough to make it an easy outing? I grew up near Rochester, NY and my hometown bordered the lake. Nice way to spend a day and get a change of scenery. If not, there is always tomorrow
 
@grnplatebrd , I did not make it out today. A morning laydown was not successful for catching up on lost sleep last night and then I somehow lost track of my pain meds and wound up on the bad side of comfort so another laydown this afternoon was needed. It may have worked out for the best as hubby has been busy all weekend with house, laundry, meals, lawn and me as well and the only real chance he got for himself was when I laid down this afternoon. Our spouses/caregivers work hard really and they also stress about our care/needs and recovery.

Yes, Lake Ontario. We are just a 10 minute drive through downtown to get to the promenades in town. There are 3 great walking areas to choose from with wonderful paved pathways, a restaurant or two and ice-cream stands. I am such a people watcher and love going very much so we may make a fish & chip outing of it through this coming week. I hope your day has been a nice one, nothing quite like a Sunday even when home all week :)
 
@Carriemay60 Really sounds like a lovely place to access the lake. I have not been to Hamilton in 20 years and it was cold and wintry that day. No ice cream needed. I agree with @MajorHeidi you have a geat attitude through all this. Enjoy your night
 
Had a slow start today, going back to bed by 8:00am to try to get comfortable. I seem to go through a change every couple of days of finding a new comfort zone. Very excited to get the recliner tomorrow and hopeful that will make a difference. The physio gal I had for my leg found herself in the area and popped in not knowing about my hip. Not sure if it was the shock on her face or what, but I burst into tears. Probably a bit of a stress release and a problem halved as they say but left me feeling whipped. Between the leg & hip, she was pleased with my level of activity which surprised me actually as I thought I would be tagged as "slow to perform". She really sees the whole picture of hip/leg which is a bonus. I relate well with her and so all seemed good. She has set me some goals for next Monday when she comes again.

I am finally convincing my husband not to serve quite so much on my plate as it overwhelms me and it seems to be working, I am eating a little better but still substitute with Boost drinks. A bit of a down day but tomorrow is a new one!
 
I think you are going to experience some big changes with that recliner and your PT person. Hope this is a corner turned. Appetite will come. Hubby sounds eager to please. So happy you are getting positive reinforcements. All good!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal @MajorHeidi , I am sure I will love the recliner! I am a bit concerned about how little room hubby has cleared for it ~ I think he will be shocked when he gets home tonight and sees just how much room those chairs take up. We had lazyboy recliners in Shanghai but the house was so big the space needed was hardly noticeable. It will be nice to tuck the wheelchair away for long walks and just use the chair and walker now. I think the wheelchair keeps me a little lazy as it is sometimes easier to just roll around a bit instead of fussing with the leg rests all the time.

I feel like I am more difficulty sleeping now than I did in the 1st week or two after surgery. Last night I woke at 2:15am and did not sleep again until almost 5:00, up at 6:00am to take advantage of the coffee service available before hubby leaves for work. Hopefully, they deliver the recliner early in the day so I can have a nap in it! :)
 
I had an interrupted night of sleep last night, too! Just woke up thinking of all the things I want to do today and plotting how I can do some of them. The brain starts cranking and sleep goes out the window.

You will love the recliner! It will amaze you what a difference it will make in your comfort. Ahhhh




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Carriemay60 I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but I bought a set of four bed risers from Amazon to raise the recliner up 5 inches. So easy to get out. Some folks have a different base under the recliner where they put a palette or built a small base with 2x4s......
 
@Carriemay60 I hope your recliner makes a big difference for your comfort and healing. I am happy to hear that your physiotherapist was happy with your level of activity. That really feels like a great vote of confidence. Keep your spirits up and your usual positive attitude. Look forward to hearing of good changes for you
 
@MajorHeidi @grnplatebrd @beachgal

The recliner came and is really nice to have and be comfortable. It will actually lift me to a standing position which I have tried but I think the exercise of getting up and down for myself is better. When the guys dropped it they had to block off one entrance to the livingroom (we have a 1940's war bungalow) which happened to be my closest escape to the bathroom and my current bedroom. I thought that would be fine for the day until hubby could rearrange things and get me walking a bit more having to go the longer way around. Ha!!

I have NEVER needed to pee so much, forgotten so many things in the bedroom or have to let the dog out so often! Thinking I could nap, I swear every neighbour was home mowing, weed eating or power tooling. By the time hubby got home I was in a state of exhaustion and sore as heck. I wasn't sure last night if I was just over tired or getting sick but I'm afraid this morning I have upset stomach, prickly skin and other flu symptoms so today will be a very lazy one! The furniture has been moved around to give me clear pathways in all directions on the main level. I have the phones, remotes, tea, ginger cookies and a puke bucket if needed so I am settled, lol. I think we are in for a rainy day which will only make a lazy day more delicious!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom