Guest viewing is limited

THR Happy for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such good news for you @Carriemay60. Hoping that injection works it's wonders for you.
What a great employer..... If only they all took that attitude! X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Carriemay60

Well that's great news! Hopefully these shots are just the ticket. Do you have special para buses in Hamilton? Our bus system here in Ottawa, OC Transpo has a special bus system for those who are in wheelchairs, crutches etc. that cannot drive. You call and schedule you ride the day before. Does your local bus system have something like that as it would better than spending all the $ on taxied. Here the para uses take you to your exact location and pick you up.

Cheryl
 
:bicycle2::bicycle2:@toohip @Jaycey @Rhonda K @NoraJ @Hoppy Nanny @CanukTriMom et all!

Thank you all for your support! Friends here are just amazing with relentless words of encouragement and celebrating both big & small victories with you! Jaycey, when your employer's attitude was such a hot topic, I just felt sick for you because my boss has been amazing since the beginning. My long term disability people could take a few lessons from her and start freaking paying me though!! Canuk, we have the same system here called Darts ~ the application process is lengthy and is really geared towards permanent disabilities unfortunately.

Today's physio went quite well; she spent a lot of time on ROM and passive manipulation/massage. She spent a bit of time on my ankle today as the OS said that is inflammation building there as well and no sign of fracture. A bit of poking and massage on the edema in my foot hurt quite a lot but she was firm with me that no physio should ever hit a pain scale of 4 which is good for me to have a guide to keep in mind. Overall, since I started with her I have gained 9% ROM in my heel slides. It will be an interesting time to have a measurement so we can see how much these injections work. Friday I start swinging the pedals on the bike rain or shine :bicycle2:
 
@Carriemay60 , glad to hear you're doing well. Hope the injection gives you relief.hoping the massage is helping with the swelling as I know it should.as i'm also a lmt. Sounds like you're getting great treatment. Nice to hear ab you employer being so supportive. That's awesome. Sending healing energy your way. God bless.
Dan
 
@Jaycey Yes, they ice my hip and put heat on my knee for the last 15-20 minutes while on the electrode machine? (can't remember the name of it) I ice quite a bit at home as well but I love their heat sacks!
@dubld1 Thank you! I am very hopeful I am pointed in the right direction!
 
@Carriemay60

Was it a TENS machines with electrode square pads. I have one and use it all the time! Before and after surgery! It feels like a massage for my muscles!

Cheryl
 
Ice & heat ....a great combination...so glad the pT went well...love the little video! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Catrriemay60, wow! So much has happened with your recovery in the past couple of days...I thought I was trying to keep up but I missed the injection and your supportive employer! So sorry about that...we've had a crazy few days with the extended tax filing deadline yesterday so I was MIA! :groan:

But the good news is that it's ALL GOOD NEWS! :yes!: Keep posting on your progress and I can't wait to hear about that first allowable drive vs taxis!
 
@Carriemay60 Congratulations on your continuing progress and healing. Great report to read and very happy your are seeing these gains. I do hope the injections are nothing but a good experience for you. All that Thanksgiving dialog made me wish the US president did not move ours later in the year. @CanukTriMom . Silly presidents and moving holidays. I think next year I need to visit Vancouver for your Thanksgiving and then still celebrate ours at home a month later ;)
Enjoy your Friday and weekend hope your momentum continues!
 
BIG News today!!! I drove our automatic car today and did it safely for the 1st time in 7 (SEVEN) months!!
:egypdance: :driver: :wowspring:

We started off in a church parking lot with me getting myself in and storing my crutches, adjusting my seat and I was off! Tried a bit of switching my right foot (which is my injury & op side) from gas to brake and back again, tried some emergency stops, etc. and I was off!! Hubby had me drive to the grocery store, which I did without any problems but I felt every single muscle fibre in my calf, front shin and all up my thigh into my hip. Parked and that was enough for me today. It was about a 5 mile drive and to get myself to physio is only about one mile so I will be fine for that now. I will save the 5 speed for a bit yet because I am not sure I need more to think about right now and have the automatic available. So pleased ~ this feels HUGE to me :loveshwr:
 
@Carriemay60 ,that's awesome. I drove my wife to the grocery today also. So she would be ok with me driving myself to pt too. Lol. That independence feels great doesn't it.mine was definitely easier since my op hip is my left.glad to hear you're doing so well.
Dan
 
Thrilled for you!!! Nothing like driving yourself around to gain back some of that sass! Way to go, girl!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you everyone! I can feel the muscles I used to drive in my leg this morning :) Last time I tried was just before I broke my hip and could not put enough weight on the gas pedal to get the car to move, lol So I felt quite a difference in being able to get some weight down. I will start out slow but still extremely happy to have just a little sliver of independence :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom