Guest viewing is limited

THR Had THR on 21st Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I feel for all you who are dealing with staples or stitches. My doc used only Steri-Strips (same for my cancer surgery a couple years ago), and they make life really easy. I'm sure Josephine could give us input as to why all doctors don't use them.
 
MaxBuck I've wondered that, myself. My incision was closed with glue and I really appreciated the lack of staples or sutures.
 
Good point, sissy, the surgeon also used glue on mine; the Steri-Strips were only the exterior closure. Forgot about the glue.
 
I think I had staples, Steri-Strips and glue, but I'm not sure. There was this red really sticky stuff here and there that I couldn't get off until I had a good shower. When the OS's nurse removed my staples after 2 weeks, she put on Steri-Strips she said would fall off in a week. The next time I changed the dressing they weren't falling off, but in a few more days I removed the dressing and the strips and it felt sooooo gooood. My staples weren't ingrown or anything and I barely felt her taking them out.

Here's my scar from the scars thread. https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...adges-of-honour-here.2457/page-18#post-379370

The very bottom end too longer to heal and the scab to fall off,maybe there was a drain tube there.
 
well peeps....I had 5 hours sleep last night/this morning...woohoo an improvement! Marley didn't help much.bless him, he's such a fidget lol:puppysmooze:.
Spid....My staples "prickle" sometimes....I felt such a tremendous pulling sensation at first, but that seems to be improving. My incision site doesnt feel sore or hurt at all so am hoping the staples will just pop out with no problem whatsoever. Tammy...I know I will feel much better without them in, the pesky dressing is irritating me and is almost off ( keep having to tape it on) and haven't got another one. 10 days today...woohoo..thank goodness time flies :)
 
oldyellr You're scar looks so neat, a genuine trophy to the bravery it takes to become a hippie :)
 
I think stiches under the skin have been getting me, as I keep feeling like someone is poking me with a needle, may be the wire around my femur, but do not think so. maube its in my head too, Spid

Linda, how are you and Marley doing today?
 
Linda, 5 hours in a row is better than what you have been getting so far....so Kudos! Getting closer to having the staples removed. I'm allergic to most tape, so they ended up using paper tape on me. It doesn't quite stick the same way, so it wasn't too bothersome.

Give Marley another night to settle in. Maybe he was just vibrating with excitement at being home with his people.
 
I'm sure Josephine could give us input as to why all doctors don't use them.
Certainly I can - they are all individuals and human beings! And variety is the spice of life, y'know!
 
Hi Tammy and Beth Me and Marley have had a reasonably good day thank you. Although my foot has been very swollen today and felt like I was walking on a sponge. There is also a bruise appeared on the side of my foot, which concerned me a bit but I suppose some bruising is inevitable. I will show the nurse on Tuesday when she comes to take out the staples. The dressing finally gave up and fell off and the wound looks like its healing lovely. Have had 2 hours sleep already tonight and going back for more shortly. Good luck Spid for your staples removal today, I'll be thinking about you :friends:
 
Hey Linda, had my stitches out today and it wasn't painful at all.
 
wow spid.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another milestone passed...well done buddy!!!!! Hope I'm as brave as you tomorrow xx:yay:
 
Hey Linda, so glad to see that you are starting to sleep better. Prior to my surgery, my doctor warned me about bruising and how it could travel all down the leg into the foot. I was one of the lucky ones as I didn't have nary a bruise. Lucky me! Guess I had to have some kind of positive as I wasn't planning on being non-weightbearing. I think I would have rather had a bruise.
 
Just about to hit the hay Tammy, big day tomorrow, my staples come out! Not sure if I'll sleep much with that on my mind but here goes!! :scary: haha I'll let you know how it went tomorrow. Yeah I'd rather have a bruise than be non weightbearing.....Nighty night Bonesmarties :yawn:
 
Yay! Good luck on the staple removal. Be waiting to hear how things went.

Nighty night!
 
Hey everyone...... my staples are out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didnt hurt at all!! I feel free! It will be so much easier to get dressed now and to pull things up and down when using the loo!!!:yahoo:
 
Thanks Tammy...thanks Spid..... I've had a lovely day today :happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom